Laguerre indicator

Laguerre indicator: According to Ehlers description.

Files:
laguerre.mq4  3 kb

Correct Laguerre RSI indicator attached

Attached is a compliant version of the Laguerre RSI, developed by davidwt, as outlined by Ehlers in his Time Warp document.

Files:

MacDFx:
Attached is a compliant version of the Laguerre RSI, developed by davidwt, as outlined by Ehlers in his Time Warp document.

Laguerre Indicator description.

Thanks MacDFx.

Yes you are correct, my version is not exactly like Ehlers code.

But in my defense if you look at his code you will see that he always looks at the current values bar values and the preveious bar values so what I did was just copy the preveious bar values into the A variables

Thanks

EK

Emerald King:
... if you look at his code you will see that he always looks at the current values bar values and the preveious bar values so what I did was just copy the preveious bar values into the A variables

Thanks

EK

Hey, no problem - actually just trying to sort out why I was having

"variance" and "time drift" with this indicator.

Ehlers does use a shift to the previous bar explicitly in his values for determining L0.L1,L2.and L3. However, I'm still not certain that your construction does exactly that, versus the version put together by davidwt.

What you see isn't always what you get in MT4 though, as I swear Laguerre is operating on a scale of its own. (Which apparently it is, at least according to Ehlers own documentation). I just have trouble matching up the trades with their purported triggers from this indicator.

(As an aside - I do appreciate all the work you've done on many of the MT4 EAs and indicator found here and on other forums elsewhere, so please do take it all in stride. )

happy tradings!

I would say that if you only calculate this indicator on a per bar basis then they should match but if you allow it to run as per tick as it is currently coded then I think history will match but you might see drift as you stated running it live

All the Best to you and your family this holiday season

EK

Using Laguerre for divergence

I was just wondering if people are using Laguerre for divergence. Laguerre doesn't seem to show divergence as often as other indicators but when it does then it seems to be effective as this screenshot shows.

The next question is can an indicator be written for this divergence?

The laguerre settings I use are gamma 0.55 and bars 950.

Just a thought.

speaking of Laguerre - Laguerre RSI v1.00.mq4 from Mladen

Files:

speaking of Laguerre

I am posting all the laguerre that I have in my collection. Laguerre is my most liked indicator at this time. If any one has a different laguerre then the ones I have posted can you post them so I can give it a try thanks. Jatki24300

More laguerre

More laguerre

Files:
Reason: