10p3 - Multi currency pair

Here is the latest 10p3v0.04 for multi pair trading. You can attach this EA to all the currency pair without worrying the exposure will get over. It can detect which pair is currently trading, and will ignore other signals. 1 thing for sure, the default setting is only suitable for EURUSD usage only. To furthur make use of this system, you'll need to backtest it for different pair to ensure the Pipstep is suitable for that particular currency. Such as Pipstep 5 for EURUSD, may be GBPUSD may need 10pips. I dont know. Basically it works the same as previous 10p3v0.03. This is a improved version that will pick a different currency pair to trade with. I need multi pair's of optimized settings on TakeProfit and Pips. They should be optimized based on atleast 2006 ~ present date with 90% tick by tick modelling quality. If things work out good, I'm forecasting this EA will bank us good money without having massive drawdown in the future. Good luck.

Here is a few description for you to know how to setup the system with the correct usage of the variable:

Magic = 772188; It is a hidden tag for the robot to place inside the trade content. This is for the convenient of the robot, so it can know which trade is opened by itself.

TakeProfit = 10; As the variable name

Lots = 0.01; The fix lot size to be use when money management is not in use

InitialStop = 160; The stop loss to be place at the last order. For example: (Pips*MaxTrades)+InitialStop, then you'll get your ultimate stop loss

TrailingStop = 0; As the variable name

MaxTrades = 5; Maximum number of trade to be opened in the market at anyone time

Multiplier = 3; The lot size multiply factor for the next position.

Pips = 5; If drawdown of the original trade exceeded Pips, a new trade will be issue according to the new lot size with Multiplied factor

OrderstoProtect = 4; When EA detect there is more then this amount of trade in the market, all TakeProfit will be ignore. As long as all the trade averaged cost, all trades will be close without second thought.

Money_management = true; Whether use money management to calculate the 1st position's lot size.

AccountType = 2; 0: Standard account(NorthFinance,MiG,Alpari) 1: Normal account(FXDD,IBFX-Std Acc,Alpari-UK) 2:InterbankFX's NANO Account

risk = 0.5; The percentage of margin to be use based on fix 1:100 leverage

ReverseSignal = false; To reverse the trading signal. Buy on a sell signa, or sell on a buy signal if this set to TRUE.

Fast_EMA = 12;

Slow_EMA = 26;

Signal_SMA = 9;

Shift = 1; Lagness of indicator. When it set to 0, we may get trigger trades when market is not confirm. 1 will be good, as the EA will trade on the new bar after the signal. No repain will be hurting it.

TradingRange = 0; The range of MACD to open trade(signal strength)

UseTimeFilter = true; Use time filter to isolate trading hours

StopTrade = 13; After servertime 13:00 no more new trade is allowed

StartTrade = 18; Only can start trading after 18:00

The default of operation hour for this EA is GMT18:01 until the next day's GMT12:59. There is a total of 5 hours of idling. According to my backtester, they're the crutial period, when most of the indicator's signal will be ignored by the high volatility of the market. Such as NFP, GDP, and many more announcement by the US government that can screw up this EA. If you have any other suggestion or find any interesting stuff, feel free to manipulate the trading time.

Below is the journal to keep this EA rolling on the 1st post. So people can always come back and update themself without having to search the entire thread.

5/23/2008:

Posted raw code of 10p3v0.04

5/30/2008:

Posted new version of 10p3v1.00 Feature elaboration posted here.

Files:
10p3v0.04.mq4  12 kb
10p3v1.00.zip  42 kb

Keep this blank for future updates:

Thanks David

I was waiting for this one for some time.

keep up the good work

Regards

Hello bro. How are you?

I respect you very much for your serious behaviour of some shit bastards and etc.

I respect you work hard work dude for all people here I always keep an eye on you

davidke20:
Keep this blank for future updates:

Cross:
I was waiting for this one for some time.

keep up the good work

Regards

Let's get started. We need to have different pairs of optimized settings for now. Anybody have a complete set of history data?

stace:
Hello bro. How are you?

I respect you very much for your serious behaviour of some shit bastards and etc.

I respect you work hard work dude for all people here I always keep an eye on you

LOL Why keep an eye on me? Am I in trouble or something? LOL anyway, thanks for participation. Let's move forward and start to test with some demo money. Hope this work out.

Regards

David

What is the best TF for this?

Thanks!

joev1962:
What is the best TF for this?

Generally this kind of strategy doesn't based on TF.

FerruFx

joev1962:
What is the best TF for this? Thanks!

The EA attached is optimized for H1 on EURUSD only. Other pairs, you'll have to find out the correct settings. Would recommend higher TF on higher volatility currency pair.

FerruFx:
Generally this kind of strategy doesn't based on TF. FerruFx

In general, the strategy doesn't need. But it comes with an indicator, I just trying to avoid as much wrong direction trading as possible. If there is a good anti trend indicator, chances of blow up will be drastically reduce. To find out whether I'm talking about nonsense or telling the truth, try to backtest the EA on same currency pair with different TF, you'll see a totally different result, with different amount of trade, and different profitability. In short, it is still indicator driven.

Regards

David

auto-volatility detection

why not base the pipstep on a self-adjusting figure derived from an ATR - e.g. Pips=MathRound(iATR(NULL,15,288,0)/Point); this currently gives you @9 for EUR and 11 for cable, 8 for swissy. Point is, it will modify itself if volatility of a pair changes significantly.

hansen_hardrocker:
Hi david.. could u help me to find good setting for FxPro(has 6 digit for the rate)..

i run 10p3 EA.. but i cant modify the size of the trade.. always fixed even i change the parameter to 0.5 lot or whatever.. always keep on 0.2

it happened on Interbank as well..

please help me..

send me email please... hansen_hardrocker@yahoo.co.id

Please contact FXPro to ask them what is the minimum lot size for an EA. I haven't come close to the same situation as yours. If you get any feed back from the broker, please let us know. I'll try to find out what is the reason that causing your inconvenience. My computers currently stuffed up with bunch of rubbish, too heavy to load another platform on them. Please understand. Cheers

David

Toccata:
why not base the pipstep on a self-adjusting figure derived from an ATR - e.g. Pips=MathRound(iATR(NULL,15,288,0)/Point); this currently gives you @9 for EUR and 11 for cable, 8 for swissy. Point is, it will modify itself if volatility of a pair changes significantly.

Seems like a good idea. Will think about it and make an adjustment as soon as I can.

Regards

David

Reason: