Super 7 Trading System

I use a modified version of the ASC Trend system. I call it the "Super 7" because I use 7 indicators that help me improve this already profitable system.

The indicators I use are as follows:

ASCTrend1sig

ASCTrend1

ASCTrend2

TrendManager

SilverTrend

OsMA

TrendTriggerMod

Also, for better visual effects. I have re-color coded all indicators either green (long) or red (short).

I use OsMA and TrendTriggerMod to reduce down whiplash and they appear to do that very well.

I have basically tried about every trend indicator out there. I discarded the ones that either did the same thing these do or are difficult to understand. So I have settled with just the seven indicators inclosed. Here is how I filter the trades to reduce whiplash.

I have color coded all indicators to either Lime Green (Bullish) or Red (Bearish). In this way, it one can quickly look at the chart and see what the trend is looking like.

The only rule I follow is this after setting up all indicators: The 3 must AGREE.

What three indicators am I talking about:

ASCTrend1sig- This is the first indicator if the arrow points either Red (Bearish) or Green (Bullish)

OsMA- This is the second indicator. The Bars must AGREE with the above Signal. In other words, if the bars are up from 0 then it is Bullish or down from 0 then it is bearish.

TrendTriggerMod- The line must be moving in the correct direction that agree with the above two indicators. Moving up means that it is bullish, moving down means that it is bearish. If the line is moving the wrong direction or flat, wait a bar or two to see if the direction changes.

Remember, do this only on the 1 hour chart. The 1 hour chart does a good job filtering out the noise the others seem to have.

By following the above rules, you will catch EVERY major trend and reduce whiplash down during the none trending (flat) times.

My goal in posting this is to see if some brilliant coder could make an EA of these rules, combine the rules to make an easier to read signal or improve upon the existing system that I use.

I believe you can use this on most currency pairs. I have been demoing this this with the EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, NZDUSD, GBPJPY and a couple others. Unfortunately, since I can't be at my computer 24 hours a day 7 days a week, I can't alway keep an eye on what is happening and may miss trades and/or opportunities.

Enclosed is a few screen shots of the system currently. Notice in the screen shots how to use the filters I described to reduce whiplash.

Remember, the 3 MUST AGREE

Any other questions or any indicators that you all might think of adding would be great.

Files:
gbpjpy.gif  27 kb
gbpusd.gif  26 kb
nzdusd.gif  27 kb
usdjpy.gif  26 kb
super7.zip  8 kb

super7

HI holyguy7 ,glad you here never seen some thing like these before it glow man what else do we neet before we test run it ?

Be Careful about upcoming Forex News Events

Be careful about upcoming Forex News releases. Sometimes news releases do very little to the trend and other times, as shown below, they can destroy them.

I was running the Super 7 system and just opened up 3 positions with the yen using different currency pairs on a new demo account. Unfortunately, I was on the wrong side of 2 our of 3 currency pairs. Just be careful when the news comes out.

Files:
yen.gif  33 kb

Some people use this Filter_AO.mq4 indicator as well (or instead of some other indicator): green color is untrend confirming, and red color is downtrend (irrespective of below or above zero).

And SilverTrend_Signal With Alert v3.mq4 instead of ASCTrend1sig (it is the same but with alarm).

But, may be, it is for an other system: Brainwashing system.

Yes it may be not for Super 7 Trading System.

Because I just found this filter AO indicator (modified AO).

Guys ,big help adding Stormy indicator

Files:
eursuper.gif  46 kb

HolyGuy,

What are you presently using for your exiting strategy?

hi holyguy7 I think the trend triggermode is not realy go with some of your indi , if we have to wait till all in one joint there is some miss trade as you can see the picture of wrong entry , is becoz trandtrigger still in sell .cheers

Exit Strategy is Easy

My exit strategy is very easy. The 3 main indicators MUST agree. Simple as pie. I added in indicators from newdigital and they are giving some mixed results. Some trades are better but others are worse.

Check out the following screen shot and you decide.

Files:
eurusd_3.gif  32 kb

hi holyguy7 is these aright set up?

Files:
5_3.gif  16 kb

holyguy7:
Looks very good. I also added in NewDigital's two indicators and took out the ASC Trend Signal for simplification. What I like about SilverTrend Signals is that they seem to find the trend earlier than ASC's, however, they do give more signals and whiplash more often.

However, if you use this with the other indicators, it should work out better. Also remember to use some common sense. For instance some times that you will want to watch out for are:

1. News announcements (be prepared for major ones especially)

2. Asian Session. I seems that there is the most whiplash during the asian session because the price is not moving too much. I would just take a wait and see approach during that time and usually around 2 p.m. EST the price starts trending in one direction or another again.

Perhaps creating an EA that closes the trade at the beginning of the Asian session might be a way to go.

Anyhow, I have modified the system to add another indicator that appears to help by NewDigital (thanks). The Filter AO appears to be a good addition to the trend trading system.

Here is all the indicators and my recolored profile so that you don't have to do the work to recolor code the indicators yourself.

A few more screen shots to boot. Now, the 4 must agree. Not as catchy but if it make us money, who cares, I will use it if it is profitable even if it is call Pig Barf Trending System.

Holyguy7,

You may play with Risk option in SilverTrend (settings of indicator). If the Risk is 15 it means not risky and less then 15 is more risky (according to the authors of this indicator).

ASCTrend is the same concerning the Risk.

holyguy7:
My exit strategy is very easy. The 3 main indicators MUST agree. Simple as pie. I added in indicators from newdigital and they are giving some mixed results. Some trades are better but others are worse. Check out the following screen shot and you decide.

Hi holyguy7 is your ASCT Trend Singnal And Newdigital SILVER Trend Singnal With Alert V3 give the same Arrow Signal? I put It Up in the same window and it totaly the same .I see on YOUR charts it is 2 Difference indicator and 2 Difference set of arrow signal and 2 difference color. Can you explain it ? The RED & GREEN Arrow is ASCT Trend Signal and The Small Arrow with White &Blue Color Is Newdigital SILVER Trend Singnal W Alert V3 ? Which one is SUPER7 ?

Files:
3_13.gif  19 kb
Reason: