Fibonacci_Ema - page 6

update for forward test

see results on closed trades since tuesday. 2 win and 1 lost.

to ND,

pls look at the image, u can see that EA was like missing to enter the position SELL. what can u describe about that.

thanks.

Files:
update-1.jpg  152 kb

anazri:
see results on closed trades since tuesday. 2 win and 1 lost.

to ND,

pls look at the image, u can see that EA was like missing to enter the position SELL. what can u describe about that.

thanks.

The condition for sell is the following:

if (Sell1_1 > Sell1_3-(Delta*Point) && Sell2_1 <= Sell2_3-(Delta*Point)) Order = SIGNAL_SELL;

It means the following:

- if signal EMA value more than (main EMA value minus Delta) on the previous close bar; and

- if signal EMA is less or equal to (main EMA value minus Delta) on the current close bar.

Your image is not right. You do not have Dalta. Open the main EMA indicator (just ckick two times to open the settings and set "Levels" to 1. probabnle Delta is 1. Anyway you may see on preset file about this delta. You may change this Delta to zero (0) in EA and EA will open sell.

And the signal EMA should be about main EMA on the previous close bar. Probable it was not on your image as well.

anazri,

Can you tell me what EMAs you have plotted on your charts? I only have three, but I see you have four.....

Thx

et_phonehome_2:
anazri,

Can you tell me what EMAs you have plotted on your charts? I only have three, but I see you have four.....

Thx

Yes, the same.

Too many EMAs on the chart.

Newdigital

From what I understand, the SignalEMA [10] must cross the MainEMA [90] in order for a trade to be initiated? Won't this mean we will get very little trades occurring, and possibly none for days? According to my backtest, the last trade triggered was Sept 26 at 8:30AM [Zurich time using MIG] at the price of 1.9008. Is exit based upon the SignalEMA crossing the ExitEMA?

et_phonehome_2:
anazri,

Thx

hi et...

my fourth EMA is EMA200. it might show us the major trend.

the three EMAs are 8,13,21

hope these answers yours.

dear ND,

i got yr point there. i'll check back my EA setting and chart. thanks

anazri:
hi et...

my fourth EMA is EMA200. it might show us the major trend.

the three EMAs are 8,13,21

hope these answers yours.

The EMAs should be different according to the presets if you are using the EA. Are you using the EA or manually trading it using these EMAs?

et_phonehome_2:
Newdigital From what I understand, the SignalEMA [10] must cross the MainEMA [90] in order for a trade to be initiated? Won't this mean we will get very little trades occurring, and possibly none for days? According to my backtest, the last trade triggered was Sept 26 at 8:30AM [Zurich time using MIG] at the price of 1.9008. Is exit based upon the SignalEMA crossing the ExitEMA?

Yes.

But the situation is not really bad. Because as we see from backtesting results this system did more than 900 trades since 2001. It means 3 trades weekly per pair in average. Sometimes less, sometimes more. It is not bad.

Because this system was design on breakout of some level. It is Fibo EMA trading system. Breakout of some levels. Because if SignalEMA did not break MainEMA so nothing will be happened. If nothing happened so the price is moving in "normal way" and we may use some other EAs. May be we need to improve this EA because Fibo itself is having man levels. Not one only. So it may be many crossings. Will see.

It is EMA crossing but real crossing (for sell):

SignalEMA value on 1st close bar > (MainEMA value on 1st close bar - Delta);[/CODE]

and

[CODE]SignalEMA value on current close bar <= (MainEMA value on current close bar - Delta);

So, we have the following:

- it should be real crossing on the close bar. "Current close bar" is not current 0 open bar. It is most recent closed bar.

- Delta=1 in my preset. It is for M30 timeframe. For M15 and M5 it should be different (may be we should have many Deltas for M15 and M5 adjusted as Fibo Deltas but I did not try it).

et_phonehome_2:
The EMAs should be different according to the presets if you are using the EA. Are you using the EA or manually trading it using these EMAs?

i'm using EA. the chart just a rough. not exactly as what EA is doing..

sorry for that missunderstood.

Reason: