Fibonacci_Ema - page 12

PeaceLover:
Newdigital, What are the value settings of the EMA are the based on close, open, high or low?

close of course.

PeaceLover:
Just a stupid question. If there is no stop loss why do you show stoploss in your picture? 2nd, what is the time limit to enter after the ma crossover? because youre entering long after the ma crosses....

anazri discovered that if we set stop loss to False in EA so this EA will close the order on the other EMA cross and it will reduce the losses. It is not like "no any stop loss at all".

As I emember if we switch stop loss = true so EA will close the order according to stop loss and the other EMA crossing.

accrete:
Hi ND and all. ND your mention of using fibo extensions as exit points has good merrits. I tried to find a prior post that i mentioned such but was unable to at this time. Here are my thoughts that have been proven successful in about 9 months of forward live and demo trading;

On our 30m time frame, take the cross of the 13ema and the 55ema. Mark this point in time and space with a vertical line. Count from this cross up/down in the direction of trend/trade and mark off 34,55,89,144, etc and take out 20% of traded lots at each of these areas of usual stalling/consolidation and leave a fifth lot (or the last 20%??) to run with a trailing stop or some similar profit taking methodology. Basicaly what you have is a point in time that shows past profitable performance (in our case the cross of the 13/55 and for price to go so many pips from this cross and show signs of reversal).

Cheers,

Thom

thom you can add levels to that 55ema(if its not a custom indicator) at those levels so they are always available to you. In case you didnt know.

Is anyone using non-lagging Moving Averages? Do most of these methods still work with them?

Files:

depictureboy:
thom you can add levels to that 55ema(if its not a custom indicator) at those levels so they are always available to you. In case you didnt know. Is anyone using non-lagging Moving Averages? Do most of these methods still work with them?

May be. As I know there are 3rd, 4th and probable 6th version of this indicator. NonLadMA is some kind of digital filer (if i am not wrong). So it may be the other strategy based on this.

depictureboy:
thom you can add levels to that 55ema(if its not a custom indicator) at those levels so they are always available to you. In case you didnt know.

Not sure i'm following you DB, but what i use are the standard "levels" on the moving average dialog box in MT4 set in our example's case off the 55. I also have used the Vegas indicators, but i prefer the simplicity of levels on the MA since anyone can do that in MT4 without any custom indicator.

: ) Thom

Lot Sizes

I'm testing v2 of the ea in demo mode. Even though i have a lot size of 1 lot in the ea settings it seems to be placing orders for large lot sizes. And other times it only enters an order for the default lot size of 0.1 lot. Has anyone else expeienced this?

Also, I like to use 1Hr charts. Will this EA work properly on larger time frames or does it work best with the smaller time frames?

waaustin:
I'm testing v2 of the ea in demo mode. Even though i have a lot size of 1 lot in the ea settings it seems to be placing orders for large lot sizes. And other times it only enters an order for the default lot size of 0.1 lot. Has anyone else expeienced this? Also, I like to use 1Hr charts. Will this EA work properly on larger time frames or does it work best with the smaller time frames?

Change MaximumRisk to 0.

As to v2 so I did not backtest it to find the better settings. To know the settings for more smaller timeframe it is necessary to optimize the settings. I will do it fo course.

Lot Sizes

newdigital:
Change MaximumRisk to 0. As to v2 so I did not backtest it to find the better settings. To know the settings for more smaller timeframe it is necessary to optimize the settings. I will do it fo course.

Thanks. I will test it. So, based on your comment, IHR charts is a suitable time frame for the EA. Also, What does the Decrease Factor do?

waaustin:
Thanks. I will test it. So, based on your comment, IHR charts is a suitable time frame for the EA. Also, What does the Decrease Factor do?

Decrease Factor is decreasing the lot size after losing trade. But it is nothing if you switch MaximumRisk to 0.

Lot Size

newdigital:
Decrease Factor is decreasing the lot size after losing trade. But it is nothing if you switch MaximumRisk to 0.

Thanks for the help. I think this could be a potentially good EA once good settings are determined, bugs worked out and when good money management is applied.

I was thinking maybe something that could be added that would make this ea less risky. Is it possible to add something in ea to determine if the market is trending sideways and keep it from executing any trades? Looking at my demo testing, it looks to do not so good when the market is moving sideways.

Reason: