ASCTrend system

+ New Comment
Freewheelin
Private message
John Last:
I am sorry there was a minor problem with the quotes. I have updated.Biddick you can retrieve the post now when you are sure that it is working.

For the guys reading directly this post you need to install the AMA for the AMA mods and the ALMA.

Check some previous posts.

Play with those toys.

Well, I'd like to.

As you mentioned we need the AMA for your modifications. I downloaded it from one of your previous posts, but it still gives error warnings when trying to compile.

Can you please post the fixed AMA? Thanks.

I am looking to find a working ASCTrend 2 indicator. The one from the first pages doesn't refresh itself and repaints. See here:

http://www.forexfactory.com/showpost.php?p=4245052&postcount=76

and here

http://www.forexfactory.com/showpost.php?p=4245075&postcount=77

JohnLast
Private message

ASCtrend AMA

Here it is the compiled file. I am sorry but it is working, as I am not a coder I cannot do much. Sorry.

You have to use a trading simulator to see for real if it repaints or not. I think I use the correct version.

JohnLast
Private message

ASCTrend sig v2

Here it is another version of the ASCtrend sig. The code is the same. The only change is the mathematical formula.

I wanted a smooth and linear change in the risk level giving us the possibility to fine tune the indicator to the current market conditions.

As we know this indicator is based on the WPR. So there are different thresholds that will initiate the signal.

In the original we had:

value10=3+RISK*2;

x1=67+RISK;

x2=33-RISK;

Now we have:

value10=4+RISK;

x1=67+RISK;

x2=33-RISK;

In the original when we apply more risk the value 10 increases everytime multiplied by two because every time it is multiplied by 2.

I wanted when I add a risk to increase linearly and gradually without jumps, so I can fine tune it.

Well the modification is minor but the consequences are radical.

In the original signal when you apply Risk level of 9 you have nice signals but there is a big difference with Risk 10 and 8 and nothing in between.

Now we can explore more possibilities.

newdigital
Private message

I tried to trade every system/setup I created.

The discriptions of all the systems - please go to the first post of this thread.

Trading results for all the systems (to download etc - go to the first post of this thread).

1. M1 timeframe system.

- trading was started;

- updated statement;

- updated statement;

- updated statement;

- updated statement;

- updated statement;

- updated statement;

- updated statement;

- updated statement;

- updated statement ($11,800 dollars profit for 6 days);

- updated statement ($12,800 dollars profit for 6 days);

- updated statement ($32,000 dollars profit for 1 week);

- updated statement (I doubled deposit in 8 trading days; Total in pips for all 4 pairs: 832 pips - 4 digit pips).

Please note - it was Asctrend M1 timeframe.

newdigital
Private message

I tried to sort everything out because on this thread - almost every system/setup here came with trading results.

More to follow ...

Thanks to John Last to refresh this thread with new setup and indicators.

newdigital
Private message

Trading results for all the systems (to download etc - go to the first post of this thread).

2. M15 timeframe system.

- trading was started;

- updated statement;

- updated statement (Starting deposit: 10,000. Finished with 26,494.17 deposit. Total in pips for all 4 pairs: 830 pips. Trading days: 7).

And some informational post about what is asctrend.

newdigital
Private message

3. M5 timeframe system.

- trading was started;

- updated statement.

And some informational post about what is the difference between asctrend and braintrend.

newdigital
Private message

4. M30 timeframe system - variation #1 (exit on Fibo-Pivot indicator).

- statement.

------------

5. M30 timeframe system - variation #2 (with Ichimoku indicator).

- statement.

Some more: informational post: what is the difference between Asctrend and Braintrend and Brainwashing.

JohnLast
Private message

ASCTrend setups

Thank you New digital.

I just want to point that we cannot use another indicators and considering that we follow the previous systems.

This is 101 comment but I am sure some people may be confused.

Every time we change something we change everything.

For example you use the jurik version of ASCtrend stops and you use the system for 1 m. You are not using the same system. You are using a different system that may be better or worse.

I wanted to expand the horizon of the possible systems.

There is not just one ASCtrend, there may be and there are by now a whole family.

Unfortunately it is not possible to test all the systems for a single guy.

So we can consider all the stuff as tools we can use, but do not just replace without reconsidering the whole thing.

I write that because someone can say OK I take the jurik version and I apply blindly on the 30 m system and I will be better. No it does not work like that.

Those are just instruments.

newdigital
Private message

First post of this thread was updated for trading results.

It was more statements but I tried to sort everything in quick way sorry.

I will continue later with EAs and with new setups (thanks to John Last).

newdigital
Private message

Hi John Last,

Yes, you are right: just change indicator - and we will have the different system.

The problem is the following: any setup of the indicators are nothing without trading. It should be traded by Metatrader manually.

Unfortunately it is not possible to test all the systems for a single guy.

Single regular guy newdigital (I am) moderated the forum almost alone, managed elite section, traded automatically about 100 EAs using 5 dedicated servers for elite section, made many many posts and traded asctrend on the same time simultaniously. So, possible ... sometimes - possible.

Do you think - I had time to trade being mainly one moderator for this big forum? But what to do? Nothing we can do. Trading system without trading statement is nothing (it is just "good looking indicators on the charts").

But why we need many trading systems?

If we will sort them upto timeframes to trade so we just need:

1 or 2 systems for M1, 1 or 2 for M5 and so on ...

For everybody to select.

Next step is to automate the trading creating some scripts to open the trade; next step is to automate the trading to create "trade manager" for asctrend (in the same way as semi-automatic BraintTrend from elite section) and that's all.

Just one secret. Do you know why I started to create asctrend for M1 timeframe, for M5 timeframe and so on?

Few years ago many forex forums made/had some opinion that it is totally impossible to use asctrend for scalping, or for M1 and M5 or M15 timeframe. It was as the axiom: impossible! It was as many posts on many forums so I got angry and started to create the systems for low timeframes to prove that - possible!

By the way - asctrend is not a systems only. Asctrend is name of the system and trading approach (or trading style).

Just 2 posts with explanation:

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/trading-systems/634-asctrend-system/page44#comment_132482

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/trading-systems/634-asctrend-system/page46#comment_161041

newdigital
Private message

And just want to remind:

All the updates on this thread are on the first post:

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/debates-discussions/4209-indicator-hlo-dif

New thread was started by John Last about new modern way of the improvements of asctrend. This thread is here:

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/trading-systems/13141-digital-acstrend

I will keep this thread (where we are now) https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/trading-systems/634-asctrend-system as the thread for original old classical asctrend approach discussion and development.

So, finally we have 2 threads about asctrend.

Just for information.

Szivtipro69
Private message

faithless

Hi! Could I see an entry chart giving a sign?...or more...to this the ASCTrend system.

JohnLast
Private message

System

Hi you should download the indicators and install the system and see.

That is why it is free.

I use the system in its traditional approach as trend following. The mono-waves that the market makes lately make this kind of use profitable.

Keep in mind that this is my way to use the system (I use risk level from 5 to 10). Here it is 10 (Normally I use 8 as default).

The Stop indicator is set to risk 3.

Szivtipro69
Private message

For John Last,and Newdigital

Thanks for the information,and good luck in the additional ones,but the previous request/message Newdigital was written! Not English my native tongue, this may cause difficulty.like the result gained,what may work without autohypnosis possibly,and I would like to make sure of this. Ahead thanks the answer!