ASCTrend system - page 75

The indicator PriceChannel_Signal_V1 and TrendEnvelopes_v1.1 are slightly different in that TrendEnvelopes waits longer to give a signal and stays in trend longer on H4.

Also TrendEnvelopes arrow comes then goes away a little bit.

But it still ends up with the same bad entry exit situation.

Both indicators keep rechecking to much.

I have watched PriceChannel_Signal_V1 Indicator extensively and have found that when the dot comes, it stays, doesn't change color, doesn't go away then come back, and where the price is when the visual dot is does come, is a good price to enter or exit.

But the indicator doesn't give the alert until sometime after the dot has come at the good price.

Ive asked people to fix this seems they don't know how.

The EA PC_SignalExpert_v1 is even more out of wack with the indicator PriceChannel_Signal_V1 as when the indicator gives its alert for entry sometime after the dot has come, the EA is not entering until even later.

I think this maybe code problem that what is giving signal to draw the dot isn't giving signal for alert entry, and is keep on rechecking to much.

I think if this could be fixed wouldn't need to mess around with mtf's etc because loss would be minimised with better entry and exit.These indicators on H4 do give profit but can take it all away because of the to late entry exit and rechecking to much needs to just read what ever is drawing the dot and enter right then and there and stay until next one.

Look at the picture maybe you will see what I mean.

The crosses are where the price was when the dot came, the entry and exits on the EA as you can see are far away from this.

Help create PriceChannel EA

Hi, Can anyone create an EA based on the following indicator. The rules are that when a blue dot appears a BUY must be opened and when a red dot appears the BUY must be closed and a SELL must be opened. The SELL will be closed when the next blue dot appears. Been trading manually on 4hr charts and it works well. Dont have the time to sit and watch tho. Orders must be placed on bar after dot appears. that confirms the dot.

Many thanks

hoosain:
Hi, Can anyone create an EA based on the following indicator. The rules are that when a blue dot appears a BUY must be opened and when a red dot appears the BUY must be closed and a SELL must be opened. The SELL will be closed when the next blue dot appears. Been trading manually on 4hr charts and it works well. Dont have the time to sit and watch tho. Orders must be placed on bar after dot appears. that confirms the dot. Many thanks

It was created with many versions and it was forward tested for the about 2 years already.

It is Brainwashing system. Check BrainSystem section.

Besides as I remember one EA was posted on this asctrend tread.

ASC Trend program

Hi,

Recently, I have mentioned that the ASCtrend cannot be set to 1000 and higher. If you do so there is no effect.

So I look into the program and realised that there is a line which casued it to stop at the maximum value of 950 e.g.

If countbars>=1000 countbars = 950

So I made a slight modification on it and it works. But I do not know whether this would affect the the overall performance of this indicators.

FYI, I want to increase the countbars to do a manual backtest on the past history. The default on the original ASCtrend is 300 but you may set to 999.

Regards

Yes I agree Can anyone Fix this?

kjhfdgjfhdghdf:
The indicator PriceChannel_Signal_V1 and TrendEnvelopes_v1.1 are slightly different in that TrendEnvelopes waits longer to give a signal and stays in trend longer on H4.

Also TrendEnvelopes arrow comes then goes away a little bit.

But it still ends up with the same bad entry exit situation.

Both indicators keep rechecking to much.

I have watched PriceChannel_Signal_V1 Indicator extensively and have found that when the dot comes, it stays, doesn't change color, doesn't go away then come back, and where the price is when the visual dot is does come, is a good price to enter or exit.

But the indicator doesn't give the alert until sometime after the dot has come at the good price.

Ive asked people to fix this seems they don't know how.

The EA PC_SignalExpert_v1 is even more out of wack with the indicator PriceChannel_Signal_V1 as when the indicator gives its alert for entry sometime after the dot has come, the EA is not entering until even later.

I think this maybe code problem that what is giving signal to draw the dot isn't giving signal for alert entry, and is keep on rechecking to much.

I think if this could be fixed wouldn't need to mess around with mtf's etc because loss would be minimised with better entry and exit.These indicators on H4 do give profit but can take it all away because of the to late entry exit and rechecking to much needs to just read what ever is drawing the dot and enter right then and there and stay until next one.

Look at the picture maybe you will see what I mean.

The crosses are where the price was when the dot came, the entry and exits on the EA as you can see are far away from this.

I agree totally---can anyone fix this glitch so that we can use the alarm effectively?

thanks

Greg D

eegle:
I agree totally---can anyone fix this glitch so that we can use the alarm effectively?

thanks

Greg D

I see from the image that EA opened the order in right with no error: in any signal systems the orders are openning the the next bar with signals. Any signal system. And basicly any other system as well.

For example, we are having signal on some bar so EA will wait untill this bar will be closed to open the order.

manual traders are tading on the same way: they are waiting untill the open bar with the signals will be closed and open the order in the beginning of the next bar.

And I am trading in the same way as well (all my statements posted on this forum were traded on the closed bar only).

It is not a bug. In signal systems we will see the dot/arrow to enter when the bar is open and we must wait untill this open bar with dot will be closed: it the dot is not disapeared so we are entering.

And it is related to any other signal indicators and any other software.

It is not a bug.

This PC_SignalExpert_v1 is using 2 indicators:

- PriceChannel_Signal_v1. That's right. And this indicator PriceChannel_Signal_v1 is having alert. But this alert is nothing with EA: EA is trading not according to any alert. Alert in indicator is just for manual trading only.

- standard WPR indicator (Larry Williams' Percent Range indicator). Everybody is having this WPR in Metatrader as standard indicator. This WPR indicator is using for re-entry only.

I am not a coder but as I understand this alert was design for close bar as well (close bar is previous bar):

if (i==0 && AlertMode > 0)

{

if (trend > 0 && Volume[0]>1)

{

if (trend<0 && !UpTrendAlert)

{

string Message = " "+Symbol()+" M"+Period()+": Signal for BUY";

Alert (Message);

UpTrendAlert=true; DownTrendAlert=false;[/CODE]

And everything is on close bar (previous bar comparing with bar before previous one):

[CODE]double wpr = 100 + iWPR(Symbol(),TimeFrame,Length,1);

double pwpr = 100 + iWPR(Symbol(),TimeFrame,Length,2);

double trend = iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,"PriceChannel_Signal_v1",Length,0,Risk,0,0,6,1);

double ptrend = iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,"PriceChannel_Signal_v1",Length,0,Risk,0,0,6,2);

If it is talking about close or open bar so I don't see any bug.

PC SignalExpert v1

newdigital:
This PC_SignalExpert_v1 is using 2 indicators:

- PriceChannel_Signal_v1. That's right. And this indicator PriceChannel_Signal_v1 is having alert. But this alert is nothing with EA: EA is trading not according to any alert. Alert in indicator is just for manual trading only.

- standard WPR indicator (Larry Williams' Percent Range indicator). Everybody is having this WPR in Metatrader as standard indicator. This WPR indicator is using for re-entry only.

I am not a coder but as I understand this alert was design for close bar as well (close bar is previous bar):

if (i==0 && AlertMode > 0)

{

if (trend > 0 && Volume[0]>1)

{

if (trend<0 && !UpTrendAlert)

{

string Message = " "+Symbol()+" M"+Period()+": Signal for BUY";

Alert (Message);

UpTrendAlert=true; DownTrendAlert=false;[/CODE]

And everything is on close bar (previous bar comparing with bar before previous one):

[CODE]double wpr = 100 + iWPR(Symbol(),TimeFrame,Length,1);

double pwpr = 100 + iWPR(Symbol(),TimeFrame,Length,2);

double trend = iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,"PriceChannel_Signal_v1",Length,0,Risk,0,0,6,1);

double ptrend = iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,"PriceChannel_Signal_v1",Length,0,Risk,0,0,6,2);
If it is talking about close or open bar so I don't see any bug.

Thanks for the info...let me ask you this then....Is it possible to edit this to give an alert at the time of the signal and not the close of the TF CANDLE? If so would someone please do this for me..

Thanks

Greg D

You wrote PC SignalExpert v1 but it is EA. This EA does not have any alert. This EA is trading on close bar (previous bar with signals). Almost all EAs are trading on close bar.

PriceChannel_Signal_v1 indicator is having alert (if you are trading manually for example). But, as i understand from the code ( sorry i am not the coder) so this alert was coded on close bar as well.

What is the different between close or open bar alert?

Signal for open bar is re-painting for any indicators. Anyone with no any exception even. That is why many people asked for "alert once only" or "alert on close bar". Because alert on open bar is noisy: the signal may be disappeared any time many times.

Anyway see 1.1 version with alert on open bar (i am not a coder so just check it with GBPJPY or GBPCHF m1 timeframe for alert for example).

But i am suggesting you to use v1 with alert on close bar.

Marphe:
Sure here it is...

I think the key to make this ea profitable (very profitable) is to forgot about sl an tp... it only should open positions when asc shows up or down.

and the asc needs to be profen with rsi or somekind of other indicator to confirm if its possible that the market move the way asctrend shows.

the biggest problem with this ea is shiftbars 1... often a bar goes a lot of pips down, before asc indikator show it. so it would be better to open position +/- 10 pips of first reaction from asctrend indicator.

sure forgot about it: above trades was made in 4 hour timescale.. i will test this week daily too...

Well Do you know a ASCTrend EA for opening and closing the trades just by changing the signal ?

Reason: