ASCTrend system - page 71

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173249

Post number 687 is the new one.

If only this could get fixed to put the freakin dot and leave it there for an entry point and not take it away

marvado:
So, in summary, can any of the senior members publish the latest and greatest ASCTrend system with all the updates and mods, please.

I have the impression what's on the first post is outdated.

most appreciative,

Marv.

This thread was started from old systems in the beginning to the latest systems up to the end of the thread.

Igorad created EA from this PriceChannel_Signal_v1 indicator.

But the settings of the EA should be optimized together with the settings if indicator inside EA. I think it may work on higher timeframes.

Hey thanks dude.

Thanks to Igorad too.

Yeh high TF it is profitable but its a trend following so when no trend you get slop.

Now we need the famous crystal ball indicator that tells the EA when its trending or ranging On Euro currency future it just gave blue dot for up and euro was going up but, now euro drop and dot goes away.

It did not give an alert for this up signal though this is why I wanted an EA that works purely off the alerts not the dot.

NOW DOT IS BACK

Ok before I go crazy this has about 20 settings?

Half of them I have no clue what they for?

Exit Mode? Re Entry mode? Main Time Frame? Start hour min etc Closetime mode? Closehour? Fridayclosehour close minute

Could we get a txt file with some explainations of these?

Thanks

kjhfdgjfhdghdf:
Hey thanks dude.

Thanks to Igorad too.

Yeh high TF it is profitable but its a trend following so when no trend you get slop.

Now we need the famous crystal ball indicator that tells the EA when its trending or ranging

On Euro currency future it just gave blue dot for up and euro was going up but, now euro drop and dot goes away.

It did not give an alert for this up signal though this is why I wanted an EA that works purely off the alerts not the dot.

NOW DOT IS BACK

Ok before I go crazy this has about 20 settings?

Half of them I have no clue what they for?

Exit Mode? Re Entry mode? Main Time Frame? Start hour min etc Closetime mode? Closehour? Fridayclosehour close minute

Could we get a txt file with some explainations of these?

Thanks

Exit Mode? No idea. probable it is closing all EA in certain time (End of Friday for example). In the end of the day. 1=true and 0 =false. "False" means not using it. Not closing in the end of the day.

ReEntry mode? It is criss-cross signs on the chart. You (EA for example) may open buy according to the dot and indicator may give a sign (x) to open the other buy. So, it is as true (1, means use it) or 0 (false). In this case we should have the number of the order more than 1 (there is some setings in EA).

Main Timeframe? No idea. May be, this EA may trade H4 timeframe, attached to M30? In the same way as multi timeframed indicators or in the same way as Steinitz system? I think it is taking the signals from more higher timeframe: trade on M15 taking all the signals from H1 for example and having sl/tp/breakeven on M15. The same with BrainTrading EA from elite section.

Closetime mode? It is close time mode. To close the order in poarticular time.

It is as I understand it.

Igorad may explain it more.

Ok exit mode is ok re entry mode is ok everything seems ok.

I just put 240 in the time frame things cos I put it on H4.

The close time thing is a bit of a mystery as it comes with some default values ive set them all to 0 to not use time closing but I dont know if that may make it not work.

Below are the things I need to know what to put and what it does.

extern double Lots = 0.1;

extern double MaxOrders = 1;

Does this mean if you use re entry mode that, it will only open max orders adding up to 1 lot comprising of 0.1 lots?

Or does it mean it only open 1 order of 0.1 lots and if you set it to use re entry mode it wont open anymore on the re entry signals?

These things I dont know what to put they come default like this.

extern string Time_Inputs = " Timing parameters ";

extern int MainTimeFrame = 0; // Main TimeFrame in min

extern int StartHour = 0; // Start Hour of Trade Session

extern int StartMinute = 0; // Start Minute of Trade Session

extern int EndHour = 23; // End Hour of Trade Session

extern int EndMinute = 0; // End Hour of Trade Session

extern int CloseTimeMode = 0; // CloseTime mode: 0-off,1-on

extern int CloseHour = 24; // Trade Close Hour

extern int FridayCloseHour= 22; // Trade Close Hour in Friday

extern int CloseMinute = 0; // Trade Close Minute

extern string Inputs = " PriceChannel-Signal parameters ";

extern int TimeFrame = 0; // TimeFrame in min

extern int Risk = 3; // Risk factor (0..10)

extern int Length = 9; // Length (Period)

Thanks

extern double Lots = 0.1;

extern double MaxOrders = 1;

Does this mean if you use re entry mode that, it will only open max orders adding up to 1 lot comprising of 0.1 lots?

Or does it mean it only open 1 order of 0.1 lots and if you set it to use re entry mode it wont open anymore on the re entry signals?

But there are take profit and stop loss as well, right?

So, if you set MaxOrders=10 and take profit to 200 and stop loss 1000. Just for example. So, EA will open one order (according to the got), and the other order (according to the other dot) and so on including re-entries if reenter=1 for example.

If you set MaxOrders=1 so it is very classical way of trading: one order per chart only.

If you set MaxOrders to 3 for example, so EA may open more than 1 order if old order should not be closed according to stop loss or take profit but new dot already came for new order.

If re-enter is true (=1) so MaxOrders should be > 1 of course.

These things I dont know what to put they come default like this.

extern string Time_Inputs = " Timing parameters ";

extern int MainTimeFrame = 0; // Main TimeFrame in min

extern int StartHour = 0; // Start Hour of Trade Session

extern int StartMinute = 0; // Start Minute of Trade Session

extern int EndHour = 23; // End Hour of Trade Session

extern int EndMinute = 0; // End Hour of Trade Session

extern int CloseTimeMode = 0; // CloseTime mode: 0-off,1-on

extern int CloseHour = 24; // Trade Close Hour

extern int FridayCloseHour= 22; // Trade Close Hour in Friday

extern int CloseMinute = 0; // Trade Close Minute

extern string Inputs = " PriceChannel-Signal parameters ";

extern int TimeFrame = 0; // TimeFrame in min

extern int Risk = 3; // Risk factor (0..10)

extern int Length = 9; // Length (Period)

Thanks

MainTimeFrame. As I understand you may attach EA to M15 chart for examople trading H4 signals of the indicator. For example: indicator did sell dot on H4 close bar so your EA will open the order on M15 (if you attach EA to M15 timeframe). If you are trading on H4 taking the signals from H4 timeframe so this MainTimeFrame may be zero (0).

Do you remember TSD EAs? https://www.mql5.com/en/forum I mean taking the trend on W1 and trading on D1? So, it may be the same.

CloseTimeMode. If CloseTimeMode is switched on (=1) so you will have CloseHour and so on.

And as I understand StartHour, StartMinute, EndHour and EndMinute are timefilter.

BTW, I think it should be the other indicator coded. It may be many false signals so it should be filtered by other indicator.

MiniMe:
I am not sure if this was suggested already, but I would suggest to use Dimaini Voltmeter as a filter. Its a very good indicator

i have damiani too. But i don't know how to use it with best setting. could you tell me please...

BTW, I think it should be the other indicator coded. It may be many false signals so it should be filtered by other indicator.

What you mean other indicator?

kjhfdgjfhdghdf:
What you mean other indicator?

I mean additional one.

We have EA from this one signal indicator and we may choose enter, re-enter, timefilter and so on. That's fine. But it is very difficult to have profitable EA just from one signal indicator. So, it should be at least two indicators:

- our signal indicator which already coded;

- and the other one which will filter the signals.

It should be a system of at least 2 indicators.

Reason: