ASCTrend system - page 70

Its an ok indicator it lags and repaints less than most others, has anyone put this in ea use the alert to open positions in case you not here?

cheers

What I mean by lag is in general strategy's indicators that lag to much and give the signal to late.Not lagging indicators I mean actual strategies that lag to much.

When I said most I mean it lags less than the strategy's indicators that lag to much.Not that "most" lag.

What I mean by repaint is when the signal comes then disappears or, it turns red then blue etc.You need a point that comes and stays and make your decision that this is where is entry etc.Win or lose so be it need to make decision and stick with it.

This one repaints a bit less than most but it still does the dot comes then goes then comes then goes.But not as much.

This one price channel works ok on H4 in conjunction with other things but id like to see it in an EA and take the trades off the alerts maybe?

Indicators lag is multiplied by 10 in traders mind.

Your not getting what im saying.

An MACD etc yeh sure it lags but a system made up of several indicators and philosiphy etc that they will do a certain thing, that is supposed to give a visual signal to buy or sell at a certain point, if it lags to much it is WORSE than just a standard MACD or a Stochastic.

This is what im talking about a SYSTEM a STRATEGY the lag and repainting from visual indication im not talking about lagging indicators in general im talking about modified custom visual signal indicators.

They try to make it too perfect, they dont just give the signal at the best point that you can get and stick with it and ride it out.They tweak it too much to minimize draw down and try and make it too perfect and it ends up repainting and "LAGGING" too much to use it profitably.

So back to the question putting this in an ea to do what you'd do with it manually?Can this be done?Has this been done?Where is the post?

As I understand the main idea for this indicator was the following:

- buy/sell at the dot of the indicator;

- re-enter (buy/sell once again) at re-ener (x);

- close orders at stop loss/trailing stop/take profit;

- or close the orders at opposite buy/sell signal and open this opposite order on the same close bar.

Difficult is the following: to close the order and open new one on the other signal. Difficult for me I mean. because i am not a coder.

If we ask Igorad to make EA from this so think he will have to fix the indicator as well to use it inside the EA.

Yeh thats what im saying if it had an EA it maybe could get in out quicker perhaps than the human side of it can.So the re enter is for when it hits stop loss or trailing stop you re enter again?

kjhfdgjfhdghdf:
Yeh thats what im saying if it had an EA it maybe could get in out quicker perhaps than the human side of it can.So the re enter is for when it hits stop loss or trailing stop you re enter again?

Re-enter is enter once again. For example: you see big dot for sell on close bar. In previous bar. So, you may open sell order. If you set re-enter as true (or 1) in indicator's setting so you will see re-enter (x) on the chart. It means that you may open sell once again if main order was sell for example.

In asctrend system we are using this re-enter. You may look at my statements on this thread and I always used re-enter. Did you had sell? So, you will have the other sell. Two orders. One was opened according to the dot (main signal) and the other one may be opened on re-enter.

Re-enter. Means: enter once again by new order without closing the old one.

But, to say a true, i don't think that this system will be profitable without filtering the signals. may be, on D1 or W1 timeframe and with re-enter only as classical asctrend. But we will need the other indicators as well in this case (NRTR and so on).

Yes to me this like all the others trending good ranging bad.

We need an indicator that tells it whether it ranging/trending and then something like this to follow the trend when it trends.

haha I ask the impossible hey maybe just use crystal ball

Latest and Greatest

So, in summary, can any of the senior members publish the latest and greatest ASCTrend system with all the updates and mods, please.

I have the impression what's on the first post is outdated.

most appreciative,

Marv.

Reason: