ASCTrend system - page 6

Hello,

-- 37 minutes for a translation, that it is rapid, cheer --

BrunoFX:
Hello, -- 37 minutes for a translation, that it is rapid, cheer --

It was nothing to translate. Just few words as comments inside the code which are most usefull for programmers if this EA will be improved.

EA will need a filter

I like the 20 risk setting of the input on the indicator placed on the 15 min. chart and a buy signal taken if above the 275 MA by one closed bar. For the more causious a 10 pip entry after the above is met might be a good idea. Sell is just the reverse of the above. Many false signal can be avoided if some good filters are in place within the EA. POSITIVE PIPS

Thanks NewDigital for the translation.

I really think this EA has great potiential and could be very profitable with the correct settings.

I have been trying to backtest with little success. Anybody been trading this system manually and have any idea of some good setting to try?

Thanks.

positive pips:
I like the 20 risk setting of the input on the indicator placed on the 15 min. chart and a buy signal taken if above the 275 MA by one closed bar. For the more causious a 10 pip entry after the above is met might be a good idea. Sell is just the reverse of the above. Many false signal can be avoided if some good filters are in place within the EA. POSITIVE PIPS

I agree. I think it will need to be slightly filtered. Slightly.

But I did not try this EA yet and may be I am wrong.

holyguy7:
And here is the EA and the indicator

Hi holyguy

Is the indicator available with alert and sound?

holyguy7:
OK, I have basically tried about every trend indicator out there. I discarded the ones that either did the same thing these do or are difficult to understand. So I have settled with just the seven indicators inclosed. Here is how I filter the trades to reduce whiplash.

I have color coded all indicators to either Lime Green (Bullish) or Red (Bearish). In this way, it one can quickly look at the chart and see what the trend is looking like.

The only rule I follow is this after setting up all indicators: The 3 must AGREE.

What three indicators am I talking about:

ASCTrend1sig- This is the first indicator if the arrow points either Red (Bearish) or Green (Bullish)

OsMA- This is the second indicator. The Bars must AGREE with the above Signal. In other words, if the bars are up from 0 then it is Bullish or down from 0 then it is bearish.

TrendTriggerMod- The line must be moving in the correct direction that agree with the above two indicators. Moving up means that it is bullish, moving down means that it is bearish. If the line is moving the wrong direction or flat, wait a bar or two to see if the direction changes.

Remember, do this only on the 1 hour chart. The 1 hour chart does a good job filtering out the noise the others seem to have.

By following the above rules, you will catch EVERY major trend and reduce whiplash down during the none trending (flat) times.

My goal in posting this is to see if some brilliant coder could make an EA of these rules, combine the rules to make an easier to read signal or improve upon the existing system that I use.

I believe you can use this on most currency pairs. I have been demoing this this with the EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, NZDUSD, GBPJPY and a couple others. Unfortunately, since I can't be at my computer 24 hours a day 7 days a week, I can't alway keep an eye on what is happening and may miss trades and/or opportunities.

Enclosed is a few screen shots of the system currently. Notice in the screen shots how to use the filters I described to reduce whiplash.

Remember, the 3 MUST AGREE

Any other questions or any indicators that you all might think of adding would be great.

Hi HolyGuy!

In the first place, thanks a lot for all these excellent indicators! Tried them today for the first time (made a lot of pips and loose some because I was to greedy). Most promissing! I think you should start a new thread for your system. I have a lot to ask about these indicators. I will start next week with a fresh demo-account and will use your indicators to trade. Please let me know if you are willing tot start a new thread!

Hendrick:
Hi HolyGuy! In the first place, thanks a lot for all these excellent indicators! Tried them today for the first time (made a lot of pips and loose some because I was to greedy). Most promissing! I think you should start a new thread for your system. I have a lot to ask about these indicators. I will start next week with a fresh demo-account and will use your indicators to trade. Please let me know if you are willing tot start a new thread!

I already created a thread and you could revive it if you want. I am really wanting someone to create an EA so I don't have to wait hours and hours to make a trade.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173496

holyguy7:
And here is the EA and the indicator

What are the parameters for this EA - entry/stops, etc? Also, is there

a way for the signals to appear on the chart, and if so, how?

JaxPacific:
I don't remember anyone posting this.. So here is the literal translation of the russian asctrend evaluation that was posted a while back. All I did was run it through the babblefish link and copy the charts over. If someone would like to clear it up, feel free. Like I said it was a litteral translation and some words didn't make the translation.

I was hoping someone could post an update in this thread every once in a while, with where the "best functioning" version of this system (since people have added things to it) is at? I've read through this thread a few times and I'm not sure. So separate from the "idea swapping" could someone label a post every now and then as "UPDATE"? Thanks, it would make following and implementing ideas easier, and keep from working on the same thing, that someone else is.

Jax-

It is Igorad's evaluation.

It is written that ASCTrend system is not a "black box" system with fantastic unknown indicators. It is simple systems and all ASCTrend indicators are based on the standard indicators (originally).

Reason: