ASCTrend system - page 55

quotingcurrencies:
sori, any body can't help me...a run ASCtrend 15 minutes ...and this eror in the EA...

Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - North Finance\experts\indicators\Fisher_v1.ex4' on the EURUSD,M15

anyone can help my trouble....

Place this indicator in /indicators folder (for example - C:\Program Files\MetaTrader4\experts\indicators) and compile (open this indicator in MetaEditor and press F5).

Files:
fisher_v1.mq4  3 kb

5M ASCTrend System

Thanks ND for the hard work! The 5M ACSTrend system is good I just pulled 30 pips in on EUR/USD late in ny session. Missed the earlier long signal which gave about 50 pips. Anyone else using the ASCtrend 5M system post your input please!

Files:
asct5m.jpg  201 kb

pipsnaper:
Thanks ND for the hard work! The 5M ACSTrend system is good I just pulled 30 pips in on EUR/USD late in ny session. Missed the earlier long signal which gave about 50 pips. Anyone else using the ASCtrend 5M system post your input please!

Yes definitely using the 5M system and the 1M as well. Works extremely well. I also use a few other indicators. I use ASCtrend to confirm the entry.

Good system yet needs input and improvement

Yes the 5M ASCTrend system is a very good start and can grab some nice run of pips, however as in any system it could be improved using additional filter combinations. I've attached 2 charts to show what kind of problems the system has in would appreciate any input and suggestions for improvement

Files:
asct5m1.jpg  180 kb
asct5m2.jpg  188 kb

pipsnaper:
Yes the 5M ASCTrend system is a very good start and can grab some nice run of pips, however as in any system it could be improved using additional filter combinations. I've attached 2 charts to show what kind of problems the system has in would appreciate any input and suggestions for improvement

Hey pipsnaper!

I agree the 5M system is great, but as with any set of indicators, it isn't 100% accurate. Since you asked for input and suggestions, the best I can do is give you my personal observations.

ASCTrend is meant to pick up a trend in process, so it is always going to be a bit "late". At times when it looks "spot on", it is usually because of a large breakout candle (which itself can "count" as a "trend" depending upon its size and the "risk" setting of ASCTrend).

Speaking of the risk setting, if you aren't happy with where the signals are given, play with it a bit. A lower risk setting means more arrows, higher means less, etc. But I think ND's settings are good for this TF.

I have found that along with good confirming indicators (as there are with this system) - another very important piece of this is smart money management. A lot of times when the indicators "fail", smart MM takes up the slack. Very often the ASCTrend will give good entry signal, and other indicators lag a bit more when signaling exit. If you set realistic SL and change it as you make more pips, you won't be hurt as much by lagging indicators for exit.

On most of the arrows that you indicated were "wrong direction" - in fact, they did move the right way, but then reversed. Your MM should at least let you break even at that point, if not get a pip or 2. Like in your second picture, #6. It looks like it went from 815 to 805 before reversing. (hard to tell the full spread without the candles). With M5 TF on EURUSD, I personally would be setting SL to break even (BE) + (1/2 of slippage) after I am 10 pips in profit. As the trade gets more profitable, I set the SL for some take profit room. That allows me to take the bigger gains, and protect myself from anything but the complete wrong signal triggering my initial SL. And, I've found that if ASCTrend DOES give a COMPLETELY wrong signal, it almost certainly because it is about to give a completely RIGHT signal for a big breakout.

You've got to set your MM strategy based upon the indicators you've chosen to use and the results you are willing to put up with for the TF and pair you are trading on. The indicators just need to be consistent, and that is the one thing that I love about ASCTrend. It almost ALWAYS goes in the direction it says it will for SOME period of time. To me, MM makes up the difference.

Look for example at your #3 signal entry and #4 profit run. That profit run looks like it is more than 15 pips - probably more possible with candle highs. Using the MM I mentioned above, you would have been break even after 10 pips, and locked in anywhere from 5 to 10 additional pips on the reverse.

Also, no system will get ALL the pips. If you again look at your #6 arrow on the second picture. Say that was a complete BE. You most likely would have taken a long on the next Blue arrow. We left a lot of pips on the table between the reverse from #6 to the blue arrow, but that's OK. Again, using good MM, that blue arrow should have locked you in a good 5 or 10 pips. Just in time to set you up to take the next pink arrow for yet another 10 pips at the very least. That pink arrow is a bit dicey on the initial upswing, but a good initial SL should have just barely kept you from stopping out. I won't suggest a SL value, as that's really dependent upon your level of risk aversion and the pair and TF. Also, it effects the levels of TP you end up setting, as most people say a 1.5 x SL for TP is good MM, but with ASCTrend, I think you can get bit more "loose' than that... Again, a personal thing...

Anyway - so, given what I've said we have:

arrow 3: say 5 pips conservatively, 10 pips possible

arrow 6: say BE conserv, 2 pips possible

next blue arrow: say 5 pips conserv, 10 pips possible

pink arrow: 10 pips conserv, 15+ pips possible

That's somewhere between 20 pips conservatively and 37 pips more realistically that can be won using this system. Not bad for a single day on 1 pair using 5M TF! The best thing is that the pips are consistent.

The best thing that I've seen is to really KNOW your TF and currency pair so that you can choose an effective MM strategy with the indicators you've chosen to use.

Anyway, this is just my experience and thoughts - I'm sure there are better traders than me who could give better ideas

All the best,

cubesteak

pipsnaper:

My charts are completely different

What is your value of ASCTREND?

excellent advice

Cubesteak thanks so much for the great advice! It's always nice to learn from traders such as yourself. After reading your reply and reevaluating the charts I realized that you're correct and with tight, efficient MM one would certainly be able to walk away from that day with a decent amount of pips. Given your suggested style of trading, and securing at least some pips for each trade, would you think it's possible to not bother with confirmation from the filters and enter trades when ASCTrend gives a signal? It appears that when ACSTrend gives signal usually there will be sufficient pips in the run to control the trade with tight MM. Actually waiting for filter confirmation seems to result in loosing critical pips in the smaller trends. As you can see in blue signal #1, entry at that point would have resulted in much more pips gained with protective MM. What's your thoughts on this? Thanks again!

Linuxser - I havent changed any of the settings from what ND posted. Only turned the grid off. The feed on those charts is interbankfx demo.

pipsnaper:
Cubesteak thanks so much for the great advice! It's always nice to learn from traders such as yourself. After reading your reply and reevaluating the charts I realized that you're correct and with tight, efficient MM one would certainly be able to walk away from that day with a decent amount of pips. Given your suggested style of trading, and securing at least some pips for each trade, would you think it's possible to not bother with confirmation from the filters and enter trades when ASCTrend gives a signal? It appears that when ACSTrend gives signal usually there will be sufficient pips in the run to control the trade with tight MM. Actually waiting for filter confirmation seems to result in loosing critical pips in the smaller trends. As you can see in blue signal #1, entry at that point would have resulted in much more pips gained with protective MM. What's your thoughts on this? Thanks again! Linuxser - I havent changed any of the settings from what ND posted. Only turned the grid off. The feed on those charts is interbankfx demo.

Hey Pipsnaper!

My pleasure! Just trying to "give back" in the spirit of this great forum.

About your question - that is a personal choice. It certainly seems at times to be a wise decision, but at other points, it just doesn't work. I think that if you put in the time and effort, and found a pair, TF and risk setting that works, you could certainly develop a system of MM that makes you consistent profit.

BUT, that would be something altogether different. IMHO, the idea is finding something that works consistently and then trading it the way that allows you to reach your goal. These ASCTrend systems by ND are already an excellent starting point for consistency.

The real choice is - do you want to spend time developing your own system from scratch, or do you want to use something that many people are testing / tweaking so that you KNOW it well enough to make an informed decision about how that next tweak or indicator will affect your trades.

Of course, you can do both, if you have an enormous amount of time to spend.

I can't tell you what to do, but I can what I would do. My personal choice would be, if you like this system, trade it until you are consistently producing profit and can do it in your sleep. Then if you still want to play around with it, see what you can change to maybe more reflect your personal style/needs.

I'm just getting to that point now, and believe me, I've a long way to go! As I stated before, my biggest discovery so far has been that I don't need to win ALL the pips. To me, getting some of them all of the time is much better than getting all of them nearly none of the time.

I guess another way of saying that is "There is no Holy Grail" - and how many times have you heard that?? heh. Well, DUH on me for it taking so long to sink in.

Really, it should be "You don't NEED to look for the Holy Grail" - many other cups will do if you use them right.

All the best, and I'd love to hear of your progress..

Cheers,

Cubesteak

newdigital:
If you are talking about indciator with trend lines (crossed lines) so it is from MaksiGen trading system system https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173317

As I remember Igorad did alarm to this indicator.

This indicator is showing trend lines and high/low.

Besides, red line is for sell stop order and blue line is buy stop (breakout).

Hi NewDigital,

As always many thanks for your answer.

sincerely,

System ASC trend M30

You have manual in .pdf for system ASC trend M30?

Reason: