ASCTrend system - page 46

It was losses for me as well during the 2 or 3 days last week. But it was one or two very profitable orders so it is ok (on jpy for example). During the 1-2 last weeks not all the pairs were tradable. Besides please not that NonLagMA big and AbsoluteStrenght indicators are just the filters only and the price may move anytime anywhere because the main indicator is the price itself. Of course it is very informative indicators especially AbsoluteStrenght indicator.

And we have Fibo-Pivot to reduce the losses.

I said in some post that we can not use this system every week.

I always look at Ichimoku D1 chart (attached). It was for EURUSD for example the following:

- price went into cloud (not trading);

- then price went out of the cloud for some time but no any buy signal on Ichimoku D1: white line crossed the price once only but white line was in horizontal way).

What does it mean?

If the price is in cloud so it is flat if the cloud is thin, or it is choppy market if the cloud is wide. Anyway it is very dangerous to trade if the price is in the cloud.

When white line is crossing the price in almost horizontal way (on closed bar) so it is flat and not strong signal. It is not trading days as well.

Anybody can estimate the dangerous market and non-trading days/weeks. It is not difficult.

Most difficult situation was on GBPUSD (see image attached) and USDCHF. We could trade USDJPY (see image attached) because it was uptrend but the border of the cloud is resistance line and this border came down (resistance line) so it was not easy as well.

Because ASCTrend system is working well when the trend is established already and it is our resporsibility to know when to use this system.

Files:

And please find 4 templates (with indicators) which I am using to estimate the market condition. You may use any of them.

Thanks ND, Ichimoku D1 chart was used in ASTrend M15 system, and I will try to use it again at next week.

I had using AbsoluteStrenght exit indicator at last 2 weeks, but I feel this exit method due to entry/exit too often maybe not better than NonLagMA big indicator.

For example, in EUR last week, if using AbsoluteStrenght exit indicator, good profit would be taken over by so many stoploss.

I will try to use back NonLagMA big indicator color change exit method at next week, but how to set stoploss is a problem, maybe Fib-Pivot or last high/low?

B/R

Aguda

Aguda:
Thanks ND, Ichimoku D1 chart was used in ASTrend M15 system, and I will try to use it again at next week.

I had using AbsoluteStrenght exit indicator at last 2 weeks, but I feel this exit method due to entry/exit too often maybe not better than NonLagMA big indicator.

For example, in EUR last week, if using AbsoluteStrenght exit indicator, good profit would be taken over by so many stoploss.

I will try to use back NonLagMA big indicator color change exit method at next week, but how to set stoploss is a problem, maybe Fib-Pivot or last high/low?

B/R

Aguda

First indicator in this system is price itself. Right, it is Fib-Pivot and support/resistance.

And please note that original system/indicators (posted in the 1st or 2nd posts on this thread) was design for D1 and W1 timeframe only.

So the only way to trade it is just to estimate the market condition every day/week.

And I think it is not for this system only (to estimate the market condition). It is for any system.

One example:

Firebird EA did good profit for EURUSD and USDCHF in last week (elite section). But not for GBPUSD because this GBPUSD was in cloud whole last week completely and absolutely.

But the other EA (some my EA - elite members knows) did very good profit with GBPUSD last week (more that 200 pips) only because of that. I understand that I need to systematize everything accouding to the market condition (indicators and EAs because we have a lot of them already to be systematized) but I do not have time simetimes do to it quickly as it is difficult to do everything. Of course I will do it. Or somebody may do it.

Besides, sorry, everybody may improve this M30 system but please note: there are no any system that works in the same way in any market condition.

When we have not good market condition to have exit on NonLagMA (price is in cloud on D1 or anything described above) so we have exit on AbsoluteStrenght indicator (exit on AbsoluteStrenght indicator is our reserve way because the other way in difficult market condition is the following: not to trade).

We started to create some EA/indicator to estimate market condition and this EA/indicator will post the file with full description. We just started (me and Igorad).

newdigital:
We started to create some EA/indicator to estimate market condition and this EA/indicator will post the file with full description. We just started (me and Igorad).

That sounds great! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help... I've been mulling similar ideas over as well.

You guys are the experts, but sometimes it helps to have another pair of hands as well!

Best regards,

Cubesteak

waltini:
Hi Cubesteak,

I think it might be possible to have the EA do multiple trades by removing just one line

What do you think?

regards

waltini

That was my original thought too, but then it would have NO money management at all... I tried to put something in, but it won't open ANY positions now, after 5 days of trading.

So, clearly, there is a bug. I'll let you know when I get a chance to find it!

-cs

newdigital:
It was losses for me as well during the 2 or 3 days last week. But it was one or two very profitable orders so it is ok (on jpy for example). During the 1-2 last weeks not all the pairs were tradable. Besides please not that NonLagMA big and AbsoluteStrenght indicators are just the filters only and the price may move anytime anywhere because the main indicator is the price itself. Of course it is very informative indicators especially AbsoluteStrenght indicator.

And we have Fibo-Pivot to reduce the losses.

I said in some post that we can not use this system every week.

I always look at Ichimoku D1 chart (attached). It was for EURUSD for example the following:

- price went into cloud (not trading);

- then price went out of the cloud for some time but no any buy signal on Ichimoku D1: white line crossed the price once only but white line was in horizontal way).

What does it mean?

If the price is in cloud so it is flat if the cloud is thin, or it is choppy market if the cloud is wide. Anyway it is very dangerous to trade if the price is in the cloud.

When white line is crossing the price in almost horizontal way (on closed bar) so it is flat and not strong signal. It is not trading days as well.

Anybody can estimate the dangerous market and non-trading days/weeks. It is not difficult.

Most difficult situation was on GBPUSD (see image attached) and USDCHF. We could trade USDJPY (see image attached) because it was uptrend but the border of the cloud is resistance line and this border came down (resistance line) so it was not easy as well.

Because ASCTrend system is working well when the trend is established already and it is our resporsibility to know when to use this system.

Hello ND...

I´m with the thread since the beggining. And I think, after several test of the last ASC Trend variation (M30), the ASC Trend M15 it´s the best choice. Your work in the developmet of that was incredible.

I find hard to duplicate the results of the ASC M15 with ASC M30.

Off course, M30 is quite simple against M15. But is the balance between M1 and M30.

Anyway, maybe is a personal problem with M30. I guess I need a new computer to test M30 in hard (some 4800 dual core with 4gb ram) because when I open 5 or 6 charts they´re eat 80% of my resources. And the only way to trade when the price is moving faster (like a few minutes ago) is only have one terminal open .

About danger or non tradable days, maybe a filter can works. A week ago I just readed one old post of yourself in braintrend thread and I add the itrend indicator in the exact wat like you suggest. Another way was put a horizontal line in the absolute strenght indicator but depends on the currency and needs to be adjusted constantly.

My favourite: a tiny trailing stop

Just my little opinion.

I just looked at ASCTrend M30 chart and on Ichimoku_H4 confirmation chart and this system did about 1,000 pips.

And we may see the good downtrend on Ichimoku H4 confirmation chart (EURUSD). And this confirmation for downtrend on H4 came earlier that first confirmed sell signal on M30 so it is ok.

Igorad improved his AbsoluteStrenght indicator here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general and we may see this OverSold. I think we should not look at the color of OverSold/OverBought lines. We may look at the mos nearest line (see image).

The same situation for GBPUSD: it was trading days/confirmation on Ichimoku H4 and finally more than 400 pips now.

And it is about 400 pips on USDCHF but we did not have good confirmation on Ichimoku H4.

CubeSteak,

I've been trying out Pedrz888 EA ASCTrend_Mini_V7 and apparently it is the one with the SL bug. Additionally I noticed that it puts a T/P target of 1000 pips out but under the configuration popup window, there is no place to bring that value down to a more reasonable number. Would you have the debugged version and now how to change the T/P?

Thanks,

Alan

Reason: