ASCTrend system - page 44

It is the other image illustrating this AbsoluteStrenght indicator.

I know that some people are using the angle of crossing in EAs based on EMA crossing. they are doing it as pips or in pips ... I don't know how they are doing it but this "angle" is well-known for some programmers and they are using it not for digital filters only. And signal line is used in MACD indicator (the same rule).

Files:
absolute2.gif  26 kb

Thanks...

Thanks ND and Waltini... That does indeed help!

waltini:
Hi Cubesteak,

NewDigital uses several different approaches to his 30 min ASCTrend system but not all are covered by the EA. There is no AbsoluteStrength built into it.

The RSIFilter is an entry option only. Exit options are by ASCTrend, NonLagMA, ^pivot(stop loss & Take profit),and stop loss.

Hope this helps

waltini

Rule #2 is exit on AbsoluteStrenght indicator.

For example:

double f1u = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"AbsoluteStrength_v1",Mode,Length,Smooth,Signal,Price,ModeMA,0,i);//up

double f2u = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"AbsoluteStrength_v1",Mode,Length,Smooth,Signal,Price,ModeMA,0,i+1);//up

double f3u = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"AbsoluteStrength_v1",Mode,Length,Smooth,Signal,Price,ModeMA,0,i+2);//up

double f1us = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"AbsoluteStrength_v1",Mode,Length,Smooth,Signal,Price,ModeMA,2,i);//up_sig

double f2us = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"AbsoluteStrength_v1",Mode,Length,Smooth,Signal,Price,ModeMA,2,i+1);//up_sig

double f3us = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"AbsoluteStrength_v1",Mode,Length,Smooth,Signal,Price,ModeMA,2,i+2);//up_sig

double f1ds = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"AbsoluteStrength_v1",Mode,Length,Smooth,Signal,Price,ModeMA,3,i);//up_sig

double f2ds = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"AbsoluteStrength_v1",Mode,Length,Smooth,Signal,Price,ModeMA,3,i+1);//up_sig

double f3ds = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"AbsoluteStrength_v1",Mode,Length,Smooth,Signal,Price,ModeMA,3,i+2);//up_sig

double f1d = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"AbsoluteStrength_v1",Mode,Length,Smooth,Signal,Price,ModeMA,1,i);//dn

double f2d = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"AbsoluteStrength_v1",Mode,Length,Smooth,Signal,Price,ModeMA,1,i+1);//dn

double f3d = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"AbsoluteStrength_v1",Mode,Length,Smooth,Signal,Price,ModeMA,1,i+2);//dn

if(f1u > f1d && f2u > f2d && f2u > f2us && f1u < f1us)

On the image you may see the exit on AbsoluteStrenght indicator. I don't think that it is ideal exit as we may have several exits on one order sometimes but it is ok.

Files:
exit2.gif  29 kb

On this image we may see which line is which one.

Files:
absolute3.gif  26 kb

I am not sure that it is understandable from the image attached.

Files:
absolute4.gif  30 kb

Thanks NewDigital,

I might try to incorporate the Absolute exit into the EA. I guess no exit will be perfect in every circumstance, you just have to pick one which suits your trading style.

My demo is currently short both the Gb/us & Eur/Us from about 1200 yesterday and the EA should have closed both trades. As I stated before the ASCTrend exit and NonLagMA exit functions are not working. Would you mind having a look at the EA and see if it something easy to fix.

Waltini

Because what is ASCTrend system?

1. we may have some part of the trend. It means that we can not "convert" all the pips from the big trend onto the profit. We can trade some part of the trend.

2. we can re-enter (if we want).

3. we have exit (one or two - up to us);

4. we have several rules to trade;

5. we have sets of indicators;

6. we have Non-Trading Zones on the chart.

7. and we should have all the indicators connected to each other (by library files or any). For examle, we should have exit for particular order. Not just exit. We don't have it now

8. And, finally, all the system should be self-trained. It means that indicators should look at the history for more better settings adjusted automatically. We don't have it as well.

If we make #7 and #8 so this system will be complete.

But I have no idea now how to do #7 and #8. Will wait for this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174396 to be more developed to see some example. Or may be some idea will come about how to do it.

I am not talking about EA. I am talking about manual trading system. ASCTrend system only.

waltini:
Thanks NewDigital,

I might try to incorporate the Absolute exit into the EA. I guess no exit will be perfect in every circumstance, you just have to pick one which suits your trading style.

My demo is currently short both the Gb/us & Eur/Us from about 1200 yesterday and the EA should have closed both trades. As I stated before the ASCTrend exit and NonLagMA exit functions are not working. Would you mind having a look at the EA and see if it something easy to fix.

Waltini

Ok I will look.

I am not professional coder but I can see something inside the code.

waltini:
Thanks NewDigital,

Waltini

I've been trading the EA as well on the EUR/US and have essentially the same short trade. The problem, (I believe) is the RSI filter. I know that you said it was entry only, but I don't think that is the case. When the ASCTrend gives the signal to exit, the RSI filter has always been in the opposite direction. If I read the EA correctly, it won't close unless the ASCTrend and the RSI are in agreement.

if (EnableRSIFilterConfirm) { //2

upbuffer = iCustom(NULL,NULL,"RSIFilter_v1",9,0,ShiftSignal);

dnbuffer = iCustom(NULL,NULL,"RSIFilter_v1",9,1,ShiftSignal);

PB = (PB && upbuffer>0); //Get confirmed directions

PS = (PS && dnbuffer<0); //Get confirmed directions

} //2

Is where it sets the filter, and then it uses PB and PS in the close logic:

if (!EnableNonLagMAExit && PS){//5

CloseBuy();

return(0);

and

if (!EnableNonLagMAExit && PB){//5

CloseSell();

return(0);

So, I think that is the problem...

Also, If you are using EA v7.1 - there is a problem with the stop loss, and it never fires. 7.2 fixed that (unfortunately I didn't notice until too late. ), but still has the same issue with the RSI Filter.

I'm working on v8 that will allow multiple re-entries and 8.1 that will work on sort of a multi-point system, more along the lines of how ND described above.

If ASCTrend is saying sell and RSI disagrees, but Absolute strength and NonLag are both in agreement and there is some configurable amount of profit, then sell, etc.

Also looking into adding Risk-to-reward ratio on the multi-point system. Essentially, the better that ratio, the less confirmation the EA will require on opening a trade.

Don't know if it will add up to a bunch of profit, but watching this EA trade for 19 out of the last 24 hours, I've been cringing at what good indicators are around that the EA doesn't catch.

I absolutely mean no disrespect to the original writer by saying that though - he even said it was preliminary. Also, it is providing an awesome base to start my tinkering from.

Anyone have any other thoughts on how to improve this EA? I'll attempt to code it if it makes sense...

Thanks,

-cubesteak

ASC System Development (Thread Review)

I hope this help.

Pls, if someone likes to check the attachment would be better.

Because, maybe I forgive something or something is not in the right place.

Files:
Reason: