ASCTrend system - page 43

Hi Cubesteak,

the EA I am using is posted in this thread, post 369. The ASCTrend indicator has several names depending on whether it has an audible alert included. You can either re-name your ASCTrend_sound indicator or I will attempt to attach the indicator which is labelled correctly.

regards

waltini

Files:
asctrend.mq4  4 kb

waltini:
Hi Cubesteak,

the EA I am using is posted in this thread, post 369. The ASCTrend indicator has several names depending on whether it has an audible alert included. You can either re-name your ASCTrend_sound indicator or I will attempt to attach the indicator which is labelled correctly.

regards

waltini

Thank you!

Asctrend mini 7.1 EA

Hi Pedz,

I started to test Asctrend mini 7.1 EA and I think that there is a problem with the options: Signal on last bar only or the number of completed bars.

The ea puts the order following correctly all the filters BUT when the first order is closed (manually) it keeps on putting orders even if the signal was generated more than 5 bars before. Several times I closed the orders and it kept placing the same order for a signal generated 10 or 15 bars before.

I hope this helps to improve the ea which I think is very promising.

Agreed...

waltini:
Hi ALiT,

I did some forward testing last week. I found the EA was not closing trades using the ASCTrend option nor the NonLagMA option. Consequently the EA did not perform very well.

Whether the problem lies with my computer, the moneytec feed, or the EA I dont know. I have had problems ocassionaly with EA's not entering trades.

I sent a private message to the writer of the EA hoping to discuss it but have not had a reply. He has obviously put a lot of effort into the EA. It would be a shame not to give it a proper forward test.

regards

waltini

Now that I have this running, I see the same issue.

It's configured for the second rules - relative strength exit, but isn't doing it. Nor is it exiting on a magenta or blue Absolute strength exit indicator.

Strange...

I'm following along so to speak with ND's template on the chart as well, and I don't think that this EA is using all the right indicators...

Anyway, I'm going to try to play with it and see what I can come up with.

-cs

RSIFilter is helping sometimes. On the image attached we can see the trades according to the rule #1.

I did not count exact pips but we might have the following:

EURUSD: more than +200 pips;

USDCHF: about -50 pips in loss;

GBPUSD: about +40 pips;

USDJPY: +118 and +120 and -6 and -8 (about +220 for 4 orders).

So it is about +400 pips just for 4 days.

Of course some big movement was filtered by RSIFilter and we did not trade but rule #1 is very risky rule so it is some kind of protection.

Files:
eurusd_6.gif  32 kb
gbpusd.gif  32 kb
gbpusd1.gif  34 kb
usdjpy.gif  32 kb

Rules #2.

On EURUSD we have the following:

+5;

+47;

+78;

-5;

and one order is still open.

+125 pips in total and one order is open now (with profit as well).

On USDCHF we have about -50 and one order is open.

GBPUSD: about -50 and two orders are still open.

USDJPY: 0 and +45 and 0 and +26. About +70 pips in total. No one order opened now.

+95 pips in total for rules #2.

Files:
eurusd2.gif  30 kb
usdchf2.gif  31 kb

newdigital:
RSIFilter is helping sometimes. On the image attached we can see the trades according to the rule #1.

I did not count exact pips but we might have the following:

EURUSD: more than +200 pips;

USDCHF: about -50 pips in loss;

GBPUSD: about +40 pips;

USDJPY: +118 and +120 and -6 and -8 (about +220 for 4 orders).

So it is about +400 pips just for 4 days.

Of course some big movement was filtered by RSIFilter and we did not trade but rule #1 is very risky rule so it is some kind of protection.

OK - that makes sense to me now too - I was misunderstanding the trade... Thanks

Do you know if the EA by Pedr8888 supports re-entry? It doesn't seem like it...

Hi Cubesteak,

NewDigital uses several different approaches to his 30 min ASCTrend system but not all are covered by the EA. There is no AbsoluteStrength built into it.

The RSIFilter is an entry option only. Exit options are by ASCTrend, NonLagMA, ^pivot(stop loss & Take profit),and stop loss.

Hope this helps

waltini

NonLagMA indicator is some kind of digital filter. It means that price may go anywere and indicator's line is just indicator's line only. And AbsoluteStrenght indicator is showing the current market situation (not the situation "in the future").

So how to reduce the losses in this case?

AbsoluteStrenght indicator may have the same rule as MACD (look at the image attached). If blue line is above brown line and blue line is above blue signal line as well - so it is strong buy signal. And we may look at the angle of crossing of blue and brown lines. The trading rules for AbsoluteStrenght indicators are the same with MACD (signal line) and digital filters (angle).

Files:
absolute.gif  28 kb
Reason: