ASCTrend system - page 42

I am attaching all the indicators once again:

- un'ziped all and

- place indicators in /indicator folder (C:\Program Files\MetaTrader4\experts\indicators for example),

- compite indicators in MetaEditor,

- place template file in /templates folder (C:\Program Files\MetaTrader4\templates for example).

Stop loss and take profit.

If we are trading according to the second rules (exit on AbsoluteStrenght_exit indicator) so probable we do not need stop loss and take profit. Because the order will be closed on ths Absolute exit indicator. I did not check it especially but I think that we do not need any.

May be we need stop loss for the first rule (exit all the orders on the yellow bar of NonLagMA big). And we definitely need stop loss (and may be take profit as well) for the 3rd and 4th exit rule.

Some people understand the value of ASCTrend indicator as initial stop loss value. The other way to estimate stop loss is ^Pivot_ResSup indicator or Live Charts Fib Pivots indicator.

But stop loss according to ASCTrendsig indicator's value is too thin sometimes.

Files:
stop_loss.gif  29 kb

Original ASCTrend- Forward testing - any good??

Hi,

Is anyone forward testing the original ASCtrend EA posted in the beginning of this thread? Is it as good as the backtest. I look forward to your replies.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Ali

In case someone is interested, I've plotted the plain Smooth lines (not the dotted Signal lines) of the Absolute Strenght indicator in Histogram format.

My apologies if it's been posted here before.

absolutestrength

Hi pipeline,

Can you share the correct settings and how should this indic be used?

Thanks

svirgo:
Hi pipeline,

Can you share the correct settings and how should this indic be used?

Thanks

Hi svirgo,

the histogram version does the same job as the normal version, except that it doesn't show the Signal lines, so the setting for "Signal" won't have any impact on the histogram.

For Mode_Histo setting, "2" gives a somewhat counter intuitive picture, so you can avoid it; "3" and "4" (and "1" as well, if i remember correctly) give nearly the same visualization so pick up the one you prefer.

For the other settings, it's the same as the original AbsoluteStrenght indicator.

What are the correct settings for these? I believe there are no such things as "correct settings" for indicators: it depends on what you want. For a Moving Average, is "50" more correct than "20" or "100"? Of course not. 50, 20 and 100 all make sense; it's up to you to decide what you want the indicator to show you.

"how this indic should be used"? Same answer as the settings: it all depends what you want to do with it...

I haven't read this thread but it seems popular and was opened by a serious guy (newdigital), so reading it will probably give you some ideas.

For your information, on GBPUSD M1, the default settings of the AbsoluteSrenghtHistogram give nearly the same crossing as the PCCI indicator.

Forward Testing EA

Hi ALiT,

I did some forward testing last week. I found the EA was not closing trades using the ASCTrend option nor the NonLagMA option. Consequently the EA did not perform very well.

Whether the problem lies with my computer, the moneytec feed, or the EA I dont know. I have had problems ocassionaly with EA's not entering trades.

I sent a private message to the writer of the EA hoping to discuss it but have not had a reply. He has obviously put a lot of effort into the EA. It would be a shame not to give it a proper forward test.

regards

waltini

Which EA and some problems with Pedzr888's EA for M30

waltini:
Hi ALiT,

I did some forward testing last week. I found the EA was not closing trades using the ASCTrend option nor the NonLagMA option. Consequently the EA did not perform very well.

Whether the problem lies with my computer, the moneytec feed, or the EA I dont know. I have had problems ocassionaly with EA's not entering trades.

I sent a private message to the writer of the EA hoping to discuss it but have not had a reply. He has obviously put a lot of effort into the EA. It would be a shame not to give it a proper forward test.

regards

waltini

Which EA are you testing? The one by Pedzr888?

I'm attempting to use that EA with M30 (backtest only right now) - and I keep getting the error that it can't open ASCTrend.ex4. I suppose you could be having the same problem with the forward test. Sorry if that's a stupid thought - I'm new to MT4.

Newdigital or Pedzr888 - can one of you confirm which release of the M30 indicators are supposed to work with Pedzr888 EA?

Is my problem as simple as renaming ASCTrend_Sound.mq4.mq4 to ASCTrend and recompiling?

Thanks all for their input...

-cubesteak

Pedz Asctrend EA v7.2

Hi Cubesteak,

I am testing the latest EA on this thread by Pedzr888. I am having no problems with the indicators. I hesitate to give advice about coding seeing as I know nothing but my understanding is the indictors must be named the same as in the EA.

The ASCtrend indicator must be called "ASCTrend"

The RSI Filter must be called "RSIFilter_v1"

The NonLagMa must be called "NonLagMA_v4"

The Pivot Stop must be called "^Pivot_Ressup"

Hope this helps

waltini

waltini:
Hi Cubesteak,

I am testing the latest EA on this thread by Pedzr888. I am having no problems with the indicators. I hesitate to give advice about coding seeing as I know nothing but my understanding is the indictors must be named the same as in the EA.

The ASCtrend indicator must be called "ASCTrend"

The RSI Filter must be called "RSIFilter_v1"

The NonLagMa must be called "NonLagMA_v4"

The Pivot Stop must be called "^Pivot_Ressup"

Hope this helps

waltini

Hi Waltini,

Thanks very much for the info! Can you tell me which release (as in post number...) version of newdigital's M30 you are using with it?

The version I have (filename: 10785-asctrend-system-asctrend_m30_indicators.zip) only has these files:

AbsoluteStrength_v1.mq4

ASCTrend_Sound.mq4.mq4

Live Charts Fib Pivots.mq4

NonLagMA_v4.1.mq4

NonLagMA_v4.mq4

RSIFilter_v1.mq4

^Pivot_ResSup.mq4

To my knowledge, there will never be an ASCTrend from those files - did you have more files than that, or were you using a different version?

Again, thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,

-Cubesteak

Reason: