ASCTrend system - page 11

Asct Ea

Download the above ASCTrend.mq4 and put it in your experts/indicator folder.. Try forwardtesting.. best results it got on 4h and daily timeframe

Hi Marphe

ASCT EA excute 0.1 lot and I want to change to 1.0 lot do u know how?

did u trade live with ASCT EA ?

yass:
Hi Marphe

ASCT EA excute 0.1 lot and I want to change to 1.0 lot do u know how?

did u trade live with ASCT EA ?

if you downloaded the ea above.. moneymanagment i set to open lots depending on your account size.

I think the key to make this ea profitable (very profitable) is to forgot about sl an tp... it only should open positions when asc shows up or down.

Hello again Marphe

Did u reach the point( it only should open positions when asc shows up or down) ? and if we can change ASCT to BT2sig with trailing stop BT2stop

i think we will get ver good good results in H4TF?

Can u send the ASCT EA use the Dallas modification?

differences between your evaluation and actual LabtrendX indicators?

igorad:
Hi,

I want to represent light version of ASCTrend.

I named it LabTrend.

Igor

Hi Igor,

is it me who sees some light differences between (ASCTrend) indicator descriptions in your posted evaluation and the actual implementation of the LabTrendX formulae?

i.e:

in the evaluation about ASCTrend1 Initial Stop you consider the SMA of a 10-period price range (as below)

for long position:

- (Initial)BuyStop1 = Low - 0,5 * SMA(Range, 10)

for short position:

- (Initial)SellStop1 = High + 0,5 * SMA(Range, 10)

while in the actual formula it seems as you've coded it using a ATR(10) ...(actual Mov(ATR(1), 10, S) in MSK lang)

...UpTrendSignal[shift]=Low[shift]-0.5*iATR(NULL,TimeFrame,10,shift);

moreover... I'm wondering what the term "Point" means in MT4 language exactly?

Checking the LabTrend2 code I read:

double delta=MathAbs(Bid-Ask)/Point;

//double delta=3;

I ask this because I'm trying to code this mammuth in MetaStock language and know not too much about MT4 language...

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Marco

ps: why you haven't considered the W%R variable-period for the ASCTrend 1 paintbar code as mentioned by a poster (MBKennel) on a forum (http://www.createphpbb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=466&sid=3b9be763f1bf50b5d0d7c6d298b6cae0&mforum=fxreview)

" ASCtrend also has another feature---it looks back in the period in question.

If there are any of two events: either a gap bigger than twice the average per-bar hi-low range, or a 3-bar trend bigger than 4.6 (again, hardcoded) times the average high-lo range, then the distance back in time that the final signal is evaluated (e.g. WilliamsPower length) is decreased to 3 or 4 bars instead of the usual 9 (hard coded). The idea is that if there is a gap or a sharp trend then you should be ready to turn around more quickly than otherwise. "

ps2: if someone using MetaStock skilled enough to collaborate in coding this system (I'm thinking to make an Expert Advisor and a System Tester later if possible) would like to... can contact me.

yass:
Hello again Marphe

Did u reach the point( it only should open positions when asc shows up or down) ? and if we can change ASCT to BT2sig with trailing stop BT2stop

i think we will get ver good good results in H4TF?

Can u send the ASCT EA use the Dallas modification?

Hi Yass!

The above Asctrend Indicator is the modification from Dallas.

Can you send me BT2sig i will have a look on it... i´m not satisfied with the indicator yet..

regards

Marphe

USD/JPY look good!

Files:
asctrend1.gif  5 kb
asctrend1.htm  187 kb

New ASCTREND Fixed!

Nobody wants to help , so i fixed it myself...

EUR/USD

Files:
asctrend.htm  185 kb
asctrend.gif  6 kb

USD/CHF works too

Files:
asctrend2.gif  6 kb
asctrend2.htm  179 kb

GBP/USD

right.. works too!

I changed indicator and some code in the ea.. thats all!

Files:
asctrend3.gif  6 kb
asctrend3.htm  235 kb

Marphe:
GBP/USD

right.. works too!

I changed indicator and some code in the ea.. thats all!

Hi Marphe, nice results, I don't want to discourage you, but backtest are always dream that never come true.

I wish you same results in forward testing.

Reason: