Using CCI to Make a Living Off Forex - page 8

I just went Long GU,AU,EU,NU, and short USD CHF.

I will post 3 pictures of my charts of GU, AU, and USD CHF since the rest look exactly the same as GU and AU.

Files:
t1_1.gif  52 kb
t2_1.gif  51 kb
t3_2.gif  51 kb

Guys, here is revised ver. with fixed MagicNumber so it won't close already opened trades and changed to nonLagMA_v7.1_emailAlert.

Files:
cciea_v1a_1.ex4  44 kb

Perfect!

Thanks so much altoronto

EA --last version -in post #72

Hi

The last version of EA (cciEAv1.ex4) mentioned in post #74 did not open any trade, knowing that

I put the EA on 20 different currencies-

Would u tell how toset it up in order to make this EA working

Thanks

chehab:
Hi

The last version of EA (cciEAv1.ex4) mentioned in post #74 did not open any trade, knowing that

I put the EA on 20 different currencies-

Would u tell how toset it up in order to make this EA working

Thanks

The EA doesn't open any trades for you, it just manages the trades you open and moves your stoplos

Get latest EA couple of posts above and it opens trades when CCI cross zero and nonLagMA is green/red.

I lost 50 pips in total:

Gu and Eu shot down and hit my trail stop.

But I made 70 Pips

So in total I only made 20 Pips profit. Not too bad, but I was happy I had a tight stop loss since those EU and GU trades could have been bad trades without trail stops. I Closed all trades at 7 AM Eastern when I checked up on my trades and I saw GU a mess. This weakness in currencies signaled me to close all trades since this is an early warning of erratic market behavior.

Below are pictures of how my trades ended. I went long near the start of the candles where the vertical trendline is. From there I trailed my stop and early this morning where the arrows are, the market went down very fast.

* Look at my previous chart posts to see where I initiated my trades. *

Files:
t2_2.gif  49 kb
t3_3.gif  48 kb
t1_2.gif  46 kb

Simplifying the strategy

I am going to simplify the strategy some more, since I feel some steps in the strategy are unnecessary. I am going to take off the need for CCI 14 to exit the 100 level, and for CCI 8 to exit through zero in the, or the 100 level too. This is because, when ToR shows strong movement across all timeframes, and related currency pairs, and Non Lag MA changes color, a trade must be made, no matter if CCI 8 or 14 exit the 100 level or not. The only CCI level that matters is the zero line on the lower timeframes, since this is how I determine the U.S. dollar strength.

James the Giant:
I lost 50 pips in total:

Gu and Eu shot down and hit my trail stop.

But I made 70 Pips

So in total I only made 20 Pips profit. Not too bad, but I was happy I had a tight stop loss since those EU and GU trades could have been bad trades without trail stops. I Closed all trades at 7 AM Eastern when I checked up on my trades and I saw GU a mess. This weakness in currencies signaled me to close all trades since this is an early warning of erratic market behavior.

Below are pictures of how my trades ended. I went long near the start of the candles where the vertical trendline is. From there I trailed my stop and early this morning where the arrows are, the market went down very fast.

* Look at my previous chart posts to see where I initiated my trades. *

bro, i am still new here. May i know what is the function of the Swiss Army EA? is it to open and close trade automatically?

wahloi:
bro, i am still new here. May i know what is the function of the Swiss Army EA? is it to open and close trade automatically?

It's a lot more than that. It doesn't open trades, it manages them. So it will close a trade, or part close a trade, based on %, MM, SL in terms of pips or dd, etc...

Will also add Trailing stops.

Very powerful.

Reason: