Using CCI to Make a Living Off Forex - page 6

Yeah, I changed my mind. I think an EA with CCI 14, 8 and filtered by Non Lag MA period 8 is a good idea. Best trade setups do happen when CCI 14 leaves 100 and CCI 8 leaves 100 and and non lag MA changs color.

Ok I set up your system and on the first look it looks promising, I will test it on Monday on my live micro account and see how it performs.

I'll let you know about the results.

Thanks.

thanx james for sharing this system

CCI 8 cross 0, filtered with nonLagMA.

Files:
cciea_v1a.ex4  41 kb

Thanks altoronto. I will test it and post it on the first page later.

Hi James !

Can you share with us your trades today ?

Thanks.

Sure,

I closed my trades before I saw your request, but I was long GU,AU,EU, and NZD/USD last night at 10pm when all pairs matched in strength and shot up for a mini trend. And I shorted Usd Chf.

GU didnt move much,just got +3 pips overnight.

AU gave me =+40 pips

USD CHF gave me +30 pips

NZD/USD gave me +40 pips

EU gave me -12 pips

Overall 101 pips overnight.

Below are some pictures of my trades. I dont plan on making anymore today. I waited for Non Lag Ma to switch color on all pairs, and with a strong ToR movement in one direction across the same pairs, and with an equal negative push on Usd Chf. Set my Stop Loss for 55 pips overnight, with a trail stop at 55 pips starting from the beginning of the trade, not an in profit trail.

I closed my trades because ToR is showing weakness in USD strength, and a break in any forward movement across all pairs and GU non Lag turned color.

Files:
t1.gif  51 kb
t2.gif  52 kb
t3.gif  52 kb

Clarification on TOR and latest version of the EA

Hi James and Altoronto,

At the outset I would like to thank you for introducing such a simple system and an EA to go along too to make things more sweet.

I would like to know what exactly you look for in TOR? I see two sets of indis in TOR one is ADX and the other is CCI. As per your earlier suggestion since we trade on H4 there is no need to see other TF if I am right and CCI values are as is monitored on the chart itself. SO the other one is the ADX. I presume we enter long when the adx shows green and vice versa on 4 hrs ( based on trading tf)

The second part is that I tried to use the strat tester on the new version of the EA uploaded by Altoronto cciEA_v1a but it is not taking any trades -geting an error saying

-" Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\FxPro - MetaTrader\experts\indicators\NonLagMA_v7_M.ex4' on the EURUSD,H4

though I have loaded indi in the custom indicato files and on chart too. Not sure what I am missing out here.

Thanks in advance,

NB.

Here is Non LAG Ma I used in EA .. tonight I will update EA with non lag ma from post 1 and with fixed MagicNumber code, so no need to type any magicNumber in EA (fixing bug with closing already opened orders)

Files:

Use of ToR

Well ToR is really the heart of the strategy because it shows you the many direction of the timeframes of any pair. The use of multi timeframes is very important in determining the strength of the dollar.

So if ToR is showing CCI 14 and 8 from 15M-1HR on all related pairs( GU,EU, AU etc,) going above zero, and 4 HR CCI has exited -100 with Non Lag MA changing colors, then that you should trade long since a trend has arose and you have entered it at a great price in the 4 HR chart.

Without ToR, you would be trading with only 4HR tf, which is okay, yet it doesn't give you the certainty that the move you have made a trade in is strong enough to last. When ToR is in sync though across GU,AU,EU,NZ,and opposite direction in USD/CHF, and 4HR CCI exits 100 and Non lag MA indicate a change in trend, then that is when you know you are making a safe trade.

And I backtested the EA in my strategy tester. I found that the Non Lag MA was renamed as something else, so when you test the EA, it cant find the Non Lag Ma indicator. It was renamed:

NonLagMa_v7_M

I have not used the EA yet, so use it wisely. And the EA doesn't automate the strategy, it just manages it after you pull the trigger to make the trade. Which I have not had time to test on a demo account yet.

Reason: