Harmonic Trading - page 5

kamyar:
ok ihave been testing the indicator yet

but i suppose that u forget to code for finding the targets.i mean the rectangular shapes that perevious indicators plot it can makes your job much more fantastic.

for now i found this one i'll check it carefully and i'll talk with u thanks

Hi,

i changed a lot of code,so for now i removed targets.the target should be :

- first is 0.618 of CD

- second is 0.618 od AD

right ?

hi shadow u did well

all founded patts by the indicator is valid but i'm wondering y the indicator do not find some one.i should test it live.

up to now the cases are these:

1-the last versuion does not plot the targets as perevious ones

2-what do u mean by ploting the number(take a look athe pic)

3-what is the exact usage of countbars and from parameters.when i change them nothing happen and when i change the countbars parameter value the indicator show nothing.for now please claryfy these.then i'll check it on live charts(from monday)

thanks for your attention

Files:
4.gif  16 kb

update

Hi,

- added targets.

Cheers.

Files:

kamyar:
hi shadow u did well

all founded patts by the indicator is valid but i'm wondering y the indicator do not find some one.i should test it live.

up to now the cases are these:

1-the last versuion does not plot the targets as perevious ones

2-what do u mean by ploting the number(take a look athe pic)

3-what is the exact usage of countbars and from parameters.when i change them nothing happen and when i change the countbars parameter value the indicator show nothing.for now please claryfy these.then i'll check it on live charts(from monday)

thanks for your attention

Hi,

"1-the last versuion does not plot the targets as perevious ones"

- i will add it to next version,maybe i will finish/post it today.

"2-what do u mean by ploting the number(take a look athe pic)"

- it's bar where the pattern is found,where is D.this can help by checking with "from" parametr.at your picture i see butterfly at 80 bar.set "from" to 79 and check if the pattern is still vissible.it will show you how fast the pattern is found,after how many bars(minimum is 1). * not nessesary 1,it also can be at same bar the pattern is found D.*

"3-what is the exact usage of countbars and from parameters."

- countbars ,how many bars to check from the begining - if zero the all bars.

- from,from wher to start,starting point by default is 0,from right to left.

i hope the explanation was ok.

ShadowWz:
Hi,

- added targets.

Cheers.

well done.now i sould say u r a grate coder.from monday i check the indicatore live.by the way it seems work properly.

any way thanks for every thing .

kamyar:
well done.now i sould say u r a grate coder.from monday i check the indicatore live.by the way it seems work properly.

any way thanks for every thing .

wow things move fast here! Looking forward to testing this, well done Shadow!!!

Shadow, what a great indicator!

The backtesting I've done is just great - and it shows the failures perfectly, but also shows the winners - all the more reason to hunt out an idicator of your choice that will point out possible failures as they are happening, but also when to stay in. Really looking forward to 'forward' testing this now. Excellent job !

The only thing I've found is when two patterns finish at the same time the names overwrite each other.

ok... after a little backtesting, this is my favourite (see weekly chart) - the cable topping out process from feb 2004 - Dec 2004, a perfect butterfly and you'd have made around 1300+ pips to the target, which is very handily pointed out to you! Notice how price hesitated around the target for 5 to 6 weeks.

The eventual bottom of the move in July 2005 was within a few pips of the 127% extension of CD on the butterfly.

With fibonacci, a butterfly, a crab, a bat and Mr Gartley as friends your account will do fine.

Files:

Excellent indicator Shadow, trully one of a kind

I haven't thoroughly test it, but got a little question. Does it only paint the past price pattern, or will it draw a potential "D" point ? Target estimation will be really cool too !

mietectec:
Does it only paint the past price pattern, or will it draw a potential "D" point ? Target estimation will be really cool too !

Hi,

no , it paint only full patterns,not potential "D" point forecasting.

ShadowWz:
Hi, no , it paint only full patterns,not potential "D" point forecasting.

It would be great if we hv also an alert when pattern is visible. Is it possible?

Great job anyway. Congratulations.

Reason: