Harmonic Trading - page 3

Kamyar:

sorry for all this questions and thank you again for your help.

Bullish Butterfly Pattern

1.- B = retracement of XA = 0.786

2.- C = retracement of AB = 0.382

3.- D = retracement of BC = 1.618

now XA could give me retracement to D also?, is it XA (1.27-1.618) = BC (1.618-2.618) in order to get D?

Files:

polo0258:
Kamyar:

sorry for all this questions and thank you again for your help.

Bullish Butterfly Pattern

1.- B = retracement of XA = 0.786

2.- C = retracement of AB = 0.382

3.- D = retracement of BC = 1.618

now XA could give me retracement to D also?, is it XA (1.27-1.618) = BC (1.618-2.618) in order to get D?

lokk polo we have some obligation for patterns

for example in a butterfly pattern two condition must be fulfilled

1-the point D must be below(for bullisg) and above(for bearish)

2-the AB leg should be equal(not exactly with a bit difrenece is acceptabel it depends on your timefram) to CD

in the pattern you posted the point D is not below the X(besides it retraces 1.618 but the two condition not fulfilld) so it can fail and changs to another pattern.

for recognizing a pattern we need 4 established point(X,A,B,C)In this pattern in my opinion the point C has not been established yeT

take a look at the attached table.it helps u incredibely

Files:
daily.jpg  79 kb
refrence.gif  18 kb

Kamyar:

Understood, will keep on trying.

thanks.

I guess we will see if your pattern and Gann's prediction for a nice trending day will happen on Monday, only 1 flaw, it could be on Sunday here in the US, because it is Monday in other time zones.

Foreverold:
I guess we will see if your pattern and Gann's prediction for a nice trending day will happen on Monday, only 1 flaw, it could be on Sunday here in the US, because it is Monday in other time zones.

@foreverold

hi

these patterns are not holy grail they might fail many times but in comparison with other trading systems they work grate i said we should wait for the next week price action.it is possible that all of the patterns that i found be failed

I've been using this style of trading for a while now but needed something that could confirm whether a fib was going to provide support or resistance or not - see chart below.

I use the 4HR chart for signals then go to the lower timeframes for entry/exit.

For confirmation of a fib ratio becoming support or resistance I use a T3 RSI set to 9 and the curve set to 0.382. As you can see from the pic at the (green) B and (blue) X, RSI breaking through the curve is an early warning that the 0.707 is holding, there's also the 144EMA for support too. An RSI trend line break is further confirmation tha the move may be over and a long should be initiated.

The rise up to C (A) is 0.782 with a potential entry short or at least cover longs. I tend to stay away from the first signal and see what unfolds in terms of a retrace, occasionally price will rocket away in the intended direction and I may enter a partial amount or miss it entirely, 9 times out of 10 though there's a retrace. In this case it took about 44 hours, so patience is required. The big fish and hedge funds pretty much all take their signals off the daily, 240 and 120 charts, I want to be on the same side as these guys so day trading for me now is strictly an entry and exit thing.

Excellent work Kamyar!

and thanks for the pattern ratios pic, I can chuck away my scruffy hand written sheet now!

For any others not sure of what Kamyar is saying or don't understand it all yet, these patterns work and improve profitability, however they take a while to get to know. I think they make trading a little more enjoyable too!

T3 RSI is attached.

Files:
gbp_3.gif  27 kb
t3_rsi.mq4  3 kb

magpie:
Excellent work Kamyar!

and thanks for the pattern relationships pic, I can chuck away my scruffy hand written sheet now!

For any others not sure of what Kamyar is saying, these patterns work and improve profitability. Plus I think make trading a little more enjoyable too!

I've been using this style of trading for a while now but needed something that could confirm whether a fib was going to provide support or resistance or not - see chart below.

I use the 4HR chart for signals then go to the lower timeframes for entry.

For confirmation of a fib ratio becoming support or resistance I use a T3 RSI set to 9 and the curve set to 0.382. As you can see from the pic at the (green) B and (blue) X, RSI breaking through the curve is an early warning that the 0.707 is holding, there's also the 144EMA for support too.

The rise up to C (A) is 0.782 with a potential entry. I tend to stay away from the first signal and see what unfolds, occasionally price will rocket away in the intended direction and I may enter a partial amount, 9 times out of 10 though there's a retrace. In this case it took about 44 hours, so patience is required. The big fish and hedge funds pretty much all take their signals off the daily, 240 and 120 charts, 100 pip stop seems to be nothing to them. I want to be on the same side as these guys so day trading for me now is strictly an entry and exit thing. Trading is also a lot less stressful!

T3 RSI is also attached.

thanks a million magpie

i read your comment and your way for entryng and exciting it seems very good and i'll check it.

in this froum i think a few members are interested in working with patterns mayebe they do not know how patterns are accurant.i have looked for indicator-based strategies a long time and finally i found it ussless but thes basic analisis have had a fantastic results for me.

any way about your comment and suggestion yes it is grate and i'll check it

most probable patterns for monday

thanks a million shadowwz for indicators

do i have to upgared my plat form for using the EX4 indicator?

would u say what version of plat form do u use?

again thanks for sharing

Hi,

i use 190 build,the last one.

Reason: