Linuxser
Private message

Thanks Tangocash, let's test it

Linuxser
Private message

Labtrend2 is outlined but it should be at new candle start. This schema points Euro down, risky stop Labtren1 is at 1.5450. Potential target could be 1.5300.

Maybe I could be wrong but this market will fall. The day started with a spike, it was filled and a second sell wave.

Linuxser
Private message

New RSI histogram version if you want some new look.

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/exclusive//page38#comment_284015

tangocash
Private message

Optimization

Currently backtesting it over 4 years of data. So far only 4hr TF looks promising without TP or SL, close on reversal. Testing the different Risk levels. I'll let you know if I got a good setting.

Linuxser is there any other way besides the risk adjustment to filter out the "fakeouts". Need your advise to improve the EA.

Currently from the data I'm seeing, a trailing stop would help alot. I'll be trying that out in version 1.1

Thanks

Linuxser
Private message

Well,

We look for all indicators aligned to take the trades but there is no real order to the alignment. We could say often this happens.

The debug the EA maybe we need the trigger will be LabTrend2 and labtrend1 a reenter indicator. Also LabTrend2 it's the best trailing stop.

Or just take the trades when Labtrend2 is in the right position and use Labtrend1 as trigger.

Another big problem are reversals. Usually when the move is big and the market enters in consolidation phase LabTrend1 will fire up close signals or reversals signals.

And sometimes it works like a swiss watch.

Fakeouts are due to low volatility. I usually look for rsi divergences or lower rsi peaks but this is a problem for any EA. Maybe one chance is to look at Labtrend 2/3 value and position as additional filter.

Example, is current value of Labtrend3 (it's more sensitive than 2) it's same as one bar ago do not trade because market isn't trending. But i don't know if this would work.

mystified
Private message

Hi İgorad and Linuxser ,

İs it possible to replace RSİ with Jurik RSX indicator to have a smoother indicator ?Thanks in advance.

Linuxser
Private message
mystified:
Hi İgorad and Linuxser , İs it possible to replace RSİ with Jurik RSX indicator to have a smoother indicator ?Thanks in advance.

Sure!!!

this is not a closed system, everybody could modify what they want or do what's feel is better for him in order to improve their success

Let us to know how is the progress, or if you find something different than rsi histogram.

mrtools
Private message

Hope TurboJrsx is all right

Hi İgorad and Linuxser , İs it possible to replace RSİ with Jurik RSX indicator to have a smoother indicator ?Thanks in advance

Hi Mystified

Changed to Turbo JRSX

tools

mystified
Private message

Thanks for the modifications Mrtools, much appreciated.

Linuxser ,at the beginning I thought this topic was about discussion of İgorad's indicators.Obviously I didnt read the topic properly

I havent worked out how you are exactly using the RSİ histogram as a filter , but I have different ideas than the RSI histogram.I think Snake border histogram looks promising.There can be some modifications on it , it is open to different ideas.MACD histogram also looks nice to filter the fake signals during the low volatility.I hope it helps.

Linuxser
Private message

I'm just using RSI as old fashion momentum indicator , for exhaustion and divergences.

WNW
Private message

Thanks!

Many thanks to Igorad and Linuxer for all of their work here.

The detailed explanations and diagrams are very helpful, the time it took to create these is much appreciated.

I'm eager to manually test this strategy.

Thanks again.

tangocash
Private message

Labtrend EA v1.1

Hi guys, latest Labtrend EA v1.1

Newcomers, you will need to copy all the indicators in the compressed file into your experts/indicators folder.

Updates

======

- Cleaned up and debugged some issues.

a) EA was opening orders on 3rd bar after confirmation, now it's 2nd bar.

b) RSI confirmation is more efficient

- Internal Stoploss

- Internal TakeProfit

(Pros: Not limited to broker limit and broker can't see your SL & TP)

(Cons: Make sure your computer doesn't crash, or your wallet will follow suit)

If you enter 0 for either TP or SL, they will be deactivated.

- Close order on "confirmed" Labtrend 1 direction change

(previous bar confirmation for order, previously it was on current bar to confirm. I feel this filters some "fakeouts" to close order)

- RSI Channel Adjustment

( If e.g. you enter '20', this means RSI(14) buy trigger on '20' or more or sell trigger on '-20' or less)

That's all for now. I will be working on Trailing Stop next. Please if any of you could help improve the strategy, let me know and I'll try to add it into the next version. Looking for a consistent strategy to program.

Please share your findings and setting with me with regards to my EA.

Thank you

newdigital
Private message
Linuxser
Private message

Maybe LabTrend 1 with values like 6 or 9 would help us to reduce false signals. I'm testing to see if this values works better.