Linuxser
Private message

Today trades.

First picture. Marked bar for our entry point. Remember that we open our trades when the marked bar starts (last bar close).

Note: red line marks the wide between Labtrend 2 at top and Labtrend 1 signal at bottom and Labtrend 3. The wide is about 100 pips and could suggest some warning.

Next picture: Small profit or small loss, we should exit when the RSI turns negative. We could wait for a reentry signal because LabTredn 2 and 3 are marking for an uptrend.

Next picture: Similar condition with picture 1 and warning about widening between indicators. This trade is with 70 pips profited right now and still open because we don't have any signal to close.

Last picture: no trades open because indicators are not in agreement.

tangocash
Private message

Hi thanks for a great system

Any method of entry for an already ongoing long trend?

Thanks

Linuxser
Private message
tangocash
Private message

Labtrend EA?

Hi thanks for this system, I've been manually trading this system with reasonable success, I like the accuracy I'll give it 80%- 90% for the general trend, however half the time I'm not at the screen to catch the the entry (I'm on 15minsTF) and I risk entering much later after checking higher timeframes. What happens is that this compromises my entry as the trend may be losing steam or I enter just before a divergence making me think that it is losing steam. Is there a way to code a simple EA to follow the rules you have set?

P.S I'm currently trying to learn MQL to program some of my ideas. If only I was proficient enough to program this EA I would post it in this thread for everyone.

Linuxser
Private message
Enforcer
Private message
tangocash:
.... half the time I'm not at the screen to catch the the entry (I'm on 15minsTF) and I risk entering much later after checking higher everyone.

Set SoundAlertMode==1 for LAbTrend1

tangocash
Private message
Linuxser
Private message
tangocash:
I've switched on all the sounds in but I'm running my own business so I'm out meeting clients half the time. Thanks alot you've been a great help.

Hi,

I was thinking you could move to h4 if you don't mind.

This system works on any timeframe.

Test it some time is this timeframe. Average winners/losers should be equal in pips. However your stop should be bigger.

Because for me trading is a resistance race and not a speed race I prefer to trade smalls amounts in big timeframes.

Linuxser
Private message

Shorting CHF and just looking GBP.

CHF signal is only one bar old.

GBP picture is an example of don't do anything.

Tokarus
Private message

LabTrendZigZag

Dear IgorAD,

LabTrendZigZag is just fantastic!

Would you please elaborate on the meaning of the second number?

For example, see attached EURJPY chart with numbers 58/164 at the top of the recent high. I assume that 58 indicates the last top-to-top cycle, i.e. the number of bars from the last top (labelled 6/52) to the current top (58/164). The 164 number puzzles me as it doesn't seem to map to any important bar.

Similarly if I take the next pivot/low 56/40, the 56 maps to the recent low (with the description 11/38). What does 40 mean? It doesn't seem to map to any important bar.

For my purpose the first number is exactly right (thanks!), but I would love to see the second number mapped to the major turning point, counting bars from the major low to major high (and vice versa). On our picture major high/low points are labeled (13/112) and (58/164).

Thanks for posting it anyway.

Best regards, Kris

igorad:
Please try to test updated LabTrendZigZag_v1.1 with calculation of cycle periods and distance between turning points.
Tokarus
Private message

OK, I get it the second number is the vertical diff between the last pivot low to pivot high, etc.

My request still stands, if we could habe the number of bars from the major Low/High.

Cheers, Kris

felix
Private message

Hi Linuxer,

This is a good system. Is it possible to join the labtrend indicators in one indicator with sound allert?

toddanderson
Private message

I agree

Yes I agree it does look like a good system, but difficulty to see with all the indicators

if some them where combind than some popup aler would help

felix:
Hi Linuxer, This is a good system. Is it possible to join the labtrend indicators in one indicator with sound allert?
igorad
Private message

I've developed new version of LabTrendZigZag_v1.2 with new options:

1-ShowPeriodsMode:0-off,1-full cycle,2-half cycle

2-ShowPipsMode: 0-off,1-on

3-you can change colors for all names including current leg

Now we can overlay some ZigZags with different settings on the same chart.

Tokarus:
OK, I get it the second number is the vertical diff between the last pivot low to pivot high, etc.

My request still stands, if we could habe the number of bars from the major Low/High.

Cheers, Kris
Tokarus
Private message

Very cool indeed!

I see the benefits of this approach.

Is it possible to display the total number of bars, counting from the major low/high? I played with the parameters, but if I make some numbers to high (e.g. Risk parameter) the indicator disappears.

Cheers, Kris

igorad:
I've developed new version of LabTrendZigZag_v1.2 with new options:

1-ShowPeriodsMode:0-off,1-full cycle,2-half cycle

2-ShowPipsMode: 0-off,1-on

3-you can change colors for all names including current leg

Now we can overlay some ZigZags with different settings on the same chart.