stav01
Private message

Question

MuddBuddha:
I'm using this indicator with a slight variation as well.

I've used the LabTrend1_v4 with Igorads StepMA_v7 and the OsMA on the hourly charts of nicely trending and volatile pairs.

The way I've set mine up is to take trades on signal from the LabTrend1 in the direction of the StepMA....so blue with blue and red with red.

I open the initial trade at a close of the first bar on a change of the StepMA with two lots and shed one lot at the first sell (or buy) signal of the LabTrend1, keeping the other lot open. Then re-enter at the next buy signal (or sell) with another lot. Once the trend has changed overall direction as indicated by the StepMA, I close out both lots unless they've already been taken out by the trailing stop @ 125 pips. This keeps me trading in the direction of the prevailing trend and in the trade for as long as the trend lasts.

I have to admit that I'm more impressed with this system than I have been with ANY other system I've used. It's a beautiful system for the hourly charts and Igorad, linuxser, and their team have done excellent work.

Very interesting. When do you put your trailing stop on?

MuddBuddha
Private message

Since I'm using 125, anytime really.

If the StepMA trend change is indicated while price is still fairly close in proximity, then I will wait to place a stop to ensure the direction and give my position some swing room.

I've been using the StepMA line as the hard stop level regardless of the point count in distance, yet still trailing at 125 to ensure I don't get prematurely bumped out until the trend is truely ready to change.

igorad
Private message

One more useful tool for LabTrend System - LabTrendZigZag_v1.

newdigital
Private message

Thanks a lot.

I updated first posts of this thread https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/exclusive with more links.

robp
Private message

Nice thread developing. Please continue.

edchuz
Private message

Hi Linuxser, can you tell me what condition to determine a valid signal ? and u mean wait for the indicator aligned ? how can i tell if it aligned, im completely new with the system, can you tell me more about this..

Thank you.

Linuxser
Private message
Linuxser
Private message
igorad
Private message

Please try to test updated LabTrendZigZag_v1.1 with calculation of cycle periods and distance between turning points.

newdigital
Private message

Thanks a lot.

I updated indicators' links on this thread https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/exclusive

Linuxser
Private message

LabTrend 2

LabTrend 2 Alone

LabTrend 3 Alone

LabTrend 1 Alone

LabTrend 2 and 3 Alone

LabTrend all together

Linuxser
Private message

Here we have two examples of trades.

First trade marked with orange lines point to ordered signals in the following order: LabTrend1, LabTrend3, RSI below center line, LabTrend2.

Second trade marked with line lines point to non ordered signals in the following order: LabTrend1, LabTrend3, RSI above center line, and LabTrend 2.

But we need to remark that Labtrend 2 never changed in the last bars. It was marking uptrend for some time. This is an example of reentry signals.

We don't need to wait in this case because there is nothing to wait.

xppr
Private message

thanx for ur explanation linuxer.

what is our long-short entry point? can we use for long orange dots+5 or x and for short green dots + 5 or x.?

or what do you think?

Linuxser
Private message

Here we have some pictures with detailed entry points.

Also, RSI histogram helps better to pinpoint divergences. You could n ignore it.

We always enter at closed bars

robp
Private message

How is this indicator used with LabTrend 1, 2, and 3?

igorad:
Please try to test updated LabTrendZigZag_v1.1 with calculation of cycle periods and distance between turning points.