Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 6

but isn't IBFX an IB for FXLQ (and both companies offer that mini)... I know the IBFX mini has different data to the standard, and a real account has different data to the demo... so isn't it just a case of the mini and standard causing the different signals, as you are using the mini with IBFX and the Standard with FXLQ?

Trade contest is busy

Project 1972, today I see the sentence "trade contest is busy" on the test screen.What does this mean? Is some reminding? Thank you very much.

Files:
test.gif  26 kb

today's performance ....:)

Files:

nancy2006bj:
Project 1972, today I see the sentence "trade contest is busy" on the test screen.What does this mean? Is some reminding? Thank you very much.

Don't know about this EA but there is some good link about it (with article) https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177910

trade context is busy

the way this EA is coded anytime the trade ontext is busy you will get the message "trade contest is busy". But when it goes to place a trade or modify a trade it checks to see if it can first. So it works fine.

faqcya:
the way this EA is coded anytime the trade ontext is busy you will get the message "trade contest is busy". But when it goes to place a trade or modify a trade it checks to see if it can first. So it works fine.

That's correct, there is only one "stream" in metatrader for trading, so if one EA is busy talking to server, all the rest will have to wait until it finishes.

Electra will check first if the trading thread is already busy by the same EA on other pair or other EA, before attempt to trade, close or modify any order, to prevent errors.

The Message in the screen only mean that there is a communication ongoing with the server, there is not any error.

The message in screen is only useful to monitor how long an execution take, normally it's displayed for few seconds during a trade, if you see "trade contest is busy" message for 4 minutes, and only one order placed or closed, and there are ticks coming, it mean that you need to fire your broker.

my result after market close...:)

finally...from the first day i test this ea..there is a closed position on profit..on pair eu/chf...:)

Files:
my_result_1.gif  41 kb

Modification

hi project1972 would you mind taking a look at this mod i made to electra once again I modified it so it can use more then one EA on a account. I also used a global variable this time.

thanks faqcya

Files:

faqcya:
hi project1972 would you mind taking a look at this mod i made to electra once again I modified it so it can use more then one EA on a account. I also used a global variable this time. thanks faqcya

Ok, First Electra don't need any mod, it can run together with others EAs in the same account, without any problems.

Second, as I told you before, you should not attempt to write or read a global variable without consulting if the EA is running in the backtester or live.

Global variables are kept in the client terminal within 4 weeks since the last access.

what will happen if you run a backtest with a starting equity of $100k and after it you attach the ea FOR LIVE trading on a 10k account ?

The EA will use the global variable previous stored with the backtester to based his MM.

Avoid using global variables while the EA is backtesting at all cost or you can have costly bugs.

Project1972 I don't mean to offend you, by making any changes. I realize that you are the more experienced trader. The reason why I wanted the change was because I saw the way the money management was being calculated and thought it would be better if this EA only concerned itself with its own trades. Lets say I'm an overactive trader one who takes many positions. I use Electra and it has 10 trades all doing very well. I start placing more trades and drop my equity below 10% of my account balance. Electra will end up closing all trades just because the equity was below 10% of the account balance. Losing out on all of its profitable positions and other trades which all had the potential of becoming profitable trades.

Please correct me if i'm wrong but it is my personal opinion that one should never risk more then a certain amount of money on any one trade idea. Just because I risk more then 10% of my account does not mean that I am risking it all on 1 EA or on 1 trade idea. I could easily have over 20 different trade ideas going all at one time each only risking 1%. I usually like to limit myself by a 2 tier method of risk management. 1st I like to limit myself to about 1% per trade idea. Secondly I like to limit myself to 20% for all of my trades.

If I am trading incorrectly and you have a suggestion for a better way of trading please teach me I want to learn.

Reason: