Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 5

hinomaru:
o..ic...ok thx faqcya...:)

That's correct, you have to wait the first tick, but I also noticed that sometimes the EA don't want to start, because MT, don't have data in the D1 timeframe.

if that happen switch between several Timeframes until the terminal load the data on all Timeframes, after done the first time MT should download the data without intervention.

Anyway Electra is not a fully finished EA, there will be a new version to correct this and others minor bugs, Also the new version will have some new features, specially in the MM area...

project1972:
That's correct, you have to wait the first tick, but I also noticed that sometimes the EA don't want to start, because MT, don't have data in the D1 timeframe.

if that happen switch between several Timeframes until the terminal load the data on all Timeframes, after done the first time MT should download the data without intervention.

Anyway Electra is not a fully finished EA, there will be a new version to correct this and others minor bugs, Also the new version will have some new features, specially in the MM area...

ok project1972,it's work now..:)

and this morning have an opening position on EU..it's TP point so high...:)when this EA closed position?

hinomaru:
ok project1972,it's work now..:) and this morning have an opening position on EU..it's TP point so high...:)when this EA closed position?

The TP is there to write something in that field but that value will be rarely reached, The Ea will move the Sl to breakeven after the AtrBreakeven is reached, and start closing partial Profit after the ATRpartialClose is reached

The Internal TS is also updated in steps after each partial profit.

The EA show the values in the chart.

ok..got it...thx for the explanation....:)

Test result

Project 1972,

This is my test result for 2000 dollar deposit from 2007.11.20. Did I made something or setting wrong? Thank you very much

Files:
testresult.gif  72 kb

nancy2006bj:
Project 1972, This is my test result for 2000 dollar deposit from 2007.11.20. Did I made something or setting wrong? Thank you very much

Not you don't, Market did a small reversal on Friday and is stuck in a range from that time.

I am also down, that's why is important to use a more conservative MM.

Files:

Electra 1.10 was posted in the first post.

The main change in this version is the addition of an Automatic MM and SL are now hidden

The MM used is a Turtle System MM.

The lot size is selected based on the pair volatility.

Example EURGBP have a 20 days average dairy range of 38 pips but GBPJPY have a 20 days average dairy range of 339 pips, it mean that if we get a loss on GBPJPY and a winner on EUGBP, we will never cover that loss with that winner.

To equalize the trading size between different instruments Turtle traders use a Money volatility based position size.

This EA use ALL the rules of the turtle System MM, including the reduction of 10% of trading size after each 10% of account loss - 20% reduction -

Default risk is 0.5

This is a drop-in replacement of previous version, lot size doesn't matter at all, the Ea will handle all orders opened with a previous version and you can change risk setting on the fly even with opened orders.

Also we use a 20 days range for all the calculations, like in the turtle system.

To keep a perfect equalization of the lot size with the default risk size, the EA need a minimum $2500 IBFX mini account $25,000 Standard IBFX, FXLQ and $250,000 NF, FXDD account without micro lots.

here my result with Electra EA...:)

GU and EU already hit SL

Files:
my_result.gif  19 kb

Hit SL on pair UCHF....

Files:
equitygraph.gif  10 kb

hinomaru:
Hit SL on pair UCHF....

hinomaru, thanks for your report, is incredible how different this EA trade on different brokers.

IBFX is heading down, with almost not new trades, but FXLQ and NF are very active now and turned upward.

I just started a new Demo on FXLQ few days ago to test the new version 1.10

Anyway, remember that this EA is a long term play, even in backtest it show up to 6 - 8 months of flat performance if we combined all pairs.

I am very pleased with how the Turtle MM based on tick value and daily range equalize the lot size on different pairs, take a look to EURGBP and GBPJPY

Files:
electra1.10.gif  58 kb
Reason: