Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 49

Version 1.17

Biggest changes :
Entry types can be changed to (the EntryTypeparameter):
  1. "Classical" - the one previous electra versions used
  2. Absolute strength - it will enter trades according to Absolute strength indicator
  3. Stochastic - it is going to enter trades according to stochastic rules some posts ago

ECN compatible - use EcnBrokerparameter

Some internal coding changes too (we are continuously working on this EA along with some new EAs. As they are finished (new versions or new EAs) they will be posted)

PS:

I already stated that I do not use preferred settings in my testings. When I test EURUSD, these are the settings different from default settings that I use , and bellow is a chart of results it produces when, for this example, it uses stochastic entry types :
PrefSettings- false

ATRBreakeven- 1

ATRPartialClose- 1.5

ATRStoploss- 1

EquityTrailing- true

Since Electra can be back tested normally, I recommend to test it first with different parameter settings and than use it. Some new setting are going to be posted for some common symbols, but, if anyone finds good settings of the above parameters, feel free to post them - the idea is to replace the preferred settings within the code to new ones

Thanks a lot.

I updated this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page2 in EAs' files.

The default entry is Absolute strength (EntryType==2), but, use EntryTypeto set it to your desired entry type (EntryType parameter is explained in the original post)

regards

mladen

jhansen:
really appreciate the hard work you guys are putting into this project.

What setting is the RAS version using - is it absolute strength or is it stochastics or is it the older indicator from the beginning?

Thanks again

really appreciate the hard work you guys are putting into this project.

2 quick questions though:

1) What setting is the RAS version using - is it absolute strength or is it stochastics or is it the older indicator from the beginning?

I could also just ask simple - what is the preferred entry type in you guys' opinion after you have now tested it?

2) does the absolutestrengthforea.mq4 go into the \experts\indicators folder or where?

Thanks again

OK, I see :-) - thanks mladen!

@newdigital - are these (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178196/page24) the settings that are used in the this RAS version of Electra http://www.rentasignal.com/signal/view/756 ?

For 1.17 absolute?

It is my settings:

Files:
117_12_7.jpg  36 kb
117_12_7_1.jpg  33 kb
117_12_7_2.jpg  32 kb

Why you dont use equty trailing function? and what is the preffered value with our default risk and mm settings?

I tried many settings combination with many versions and it is what I am using for many month.

As to PrefSettings ...

As I see from inside the code - PrefSettings is related to:

- ATR break even

- ATR partial close

- ATR stop loss

May be I am wrong so sorry.

Try to backtest this EA with your initial deposit to see which lot size will be opened and change the settings to have desirable lot size.

As an addition to ND's previous post :

The part about risk and mm :

Risk is the maximal percentage of equity that will be "allowed" to loose when stop loss is placed at nnn x average range (Electra always has a stop loss, a "hard" one or a "hidden one" (the default)), and lots are calculated so that the potential loss is "risk" %.

So, the greater the stop loss (ATRStopLoss), the smaller will be the trade in lots (with a 4 times minimal lots limitation, which has been discussed at this thread a lot of times)

regards

mladen

ken98:
Why you dont use equty trailing function? and what is the preffered value with our default risk and mm settings?

Manual for Elektra

Hi all,

I've been a quiet follower of this thread for a time, but now I can't keep my mouth shut anymore:

It would be nice if somebody (don't know exactly who, maybe Newdigital, Project1972, or whoever is in care of the development of Elektra?) could put together a little manual with recommended settings for the most relevant parameters of Elektra, maybe with some standard sets like the one from Newdigital, but explained in a less "techie" way.

I downloaded this awesome piece of software and I'm experimenting it in several ways, and I see a big potential in it, but it's still a kind of 'black box' to me, because of the way some things are (or aren't) explained, and of course, I'm not a coder, nor in any way familiar with MQL4. The overall philosopy of the EA is very clear, but it's in the details, where it becomes confusing.

For example: Can I load the Newdigital.set and start the EA with the 19 currencies listed somewhere in this thread and leave it alone till it stops? Do I have to use only those 19 currencies, or can I use any available? Do I have to stop it myself, when I think it has made enough profit? Or do I have to set 'EquityTrailing = true' and 'PercentEquityTrailing = 10' to have it stop on 10% profit measured against current balance, or against starting balance..or..or?..

I'm thinking here of a commercial product like "GT-Shadow" which is a pretty complex, programmable EA too, but comes with a sets of parameters 'ready to go' for those who want to get started quickly, but still leaves plenty of room for those who want to experiment, customize or fine tune (and it has a dedicated forum, too).

Elektra has been developed to a stage where it becomes necessary to have a set of bundled instructions, if it is meant to be useful for somebody other than the developers.

Pretending that anyone who has a particular question about Elektra should work his way across the entire huge thread which is going on for several years now, is neither realistic nor acceptable for a paid subscription (at least not for me, though I DID work through the whole threat, which was a pain, and didn't answer my questions anyway).

Though I understand the difficulties of managing a big forum like this one, it could be as easy (at least I hope it's that easy) as putting all the relevant stuff on the very first post of this threat, together with the latest version of Elektra (my suggestion).

Christoph

Reason: