ASCTrend system - page 5

fotovat:
Dear ND, Thanks alot for your nice job , I'really like this system and it's my primary system to trade , thank you agian, at now I know when to enter market but I don't know when to exit I exit in Fibo lines , If I can do somthing to improve this system please tell me

I exit on Fibo as well.

But i am still testing it. I am trading not to produce the good statement. I am testing just to see how indicators are acting all together. Because there are many false signals. If we filter false signals so the system will be "news" system. But I am trying to find the other way. It is difficult because it is M5 timeframe and anyway we will trade the news. And the other problem is stop loss level. I think the better way is to exit on Fibo lines or on the VQ signals changing. Will see. I need to test it more.

My first imagination is that this system is not trading often.

Hi all. Below is an image i snapped this a.m. after seeing your post above ND. This idea is not original, but it might add some profit exit signals to the equation. What you have is a central 288SMA ((24sma on hourly = median for the last 24 hours of price activity) x (12 x 5m periods in an hour)). Out from the 288 are several copies of the standard "Envelopes" indicator. I've got them set to 0.14, 0.23, 0.38, 0.50, 0.68 (i use 0.85 and 0.98 also) to roughly indicate fibo% off the median SMA. I round down as i like to give myself some breathing room as sometimes the price will not reach exactly to the fibo%. In the CAD example today, the 23.6 which would be 0.24 if rounding up... if we did not go with the lower T/P% the code would have missed out , - ( Knowing this, as looking over the historic chart patterns, we could tell the code to take profits at multiple areas such as 0.12, 0.20 etc? Or at least move the stop loss to those levels as price went through with momentum? But i'm not a coder so don't know if an EA can understand "momentum".

It works pretty good as an idicator of possible consolidation/rest/profit-taking areas. And should also be easy enough to include as it is a standard indicator?

Cheers,

Thom

Yes it may be good idea.

There is simple indicator (attached).

I looked inside the code and it is 55 EMA:

iMA(NULL,0,55,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i);[/CODE]

and 6 other lines with distance (from this 55 EMA): 21, 34 and 55 point:

[CODE]ExtMapBuffer3=ExtMapBuffer2+21*Point;

ExtMapBuffer4=ExtMapBuffer2+34*Point;

ExtMapBuffer5=ExtMapBuffer2+55*Point;

ExtMapBuffer6=ExtMapBuffer2-21*Point;

ExtMapBuffer7=ExtMapBuffer2-34*Point;

ExtMapBuffer8=ExtMapBuffer2-55*Point;
Files:
fibtunnel.mq4  4 kb

And look at the images: we may modify this indicator to work as accrete described in his post.

Files:
fibo_ma.gif  21 kb
fibo_ma1.gif  24 kb
fibo_ma2.gif  24 kb

So I modified this indicator.

Settings are the following:

extern int MAPeriod = 288;[/CODE]

It is the period of MA.

extern int PeriodMode = 0; //0=simple ma, 1=ema, 2=smoothed ma, 3=lwma.[/CODE]
extern int AppliedPrice = 4; //0=close price, 1=open price, 2=high price, 3=low price, 4=median price, 5=rypical price, 6=weighted close price.

[CODE]extern int Fibo_plus_1 = 25;

extern int Fibo_plus_2 = 34;

extern int Fibo_plus_3 = 55;

Distance from MA in point (MA plus 25 point, MA + 34 point, MA + 55 point).

[CODE]extern int Fibo_minus_1 = 25;

extern int Fibo_minus_2 = 34;

extern int Fibo_minus_3 = 55;

Distance from MA in point (MA minus 25 point, MA - 34 point, MA - 55 point).

I think the settings of Fibo_plus_1, Fibo_plus_2, Fibo_plus_3, Fibo_minus_1 = 25, Fibo_minus_2 and Fibo_minus_3 may be adjusted according to accrete's suggestion (compare it with Envelopes).

Files:

Files:
asc1.gif  23 kb
asc2.gif  25 kb

Very good sell on EURUSD and buy on USDJPY.

Will test one more week and probable will go live with this system.

Files:
usdjpy_1.gif  27 kb
eurusd_2.gif  26 kb

newdigital:
Very good sell on EURUSD and buy on USDJPY. Will test one more week and probable will go live with this system.

Nd,

Tnx for sharing.

Can you post the current settings and indicators you use?

Tnx

I will post it later.

It was very good signal on USDCHF.

But it was the signal on EURUSD but usually I am not trading such a difficult case with EURUSD which was today.

Files:
eurusd_5.gif  26 kb
usdchf.gif  26 kb
Reason: