Simple experts - page 8

Dostoyevsky:

Sorry what is STAD? My search for "STAD books about trading systems" on google came back with lots of sites for robots. Is there any thread here on TSD about MM?

I think I understood what you meant (let's forget about plug and play) but if you have a simple EA based on a single indicator isn't it easier to test it with strategy tester. The question is how to cycle through different indicator parameters combinations (if we are on the same page this would be specific and non-specific conditions you were talking about). For example if you decide to use the SuperTrend indicator there are two parameters there, namely, period (usually 10) and multiplier (usually 3.0). Obviously you would consider a reasonable range, let's say, between 5 and 15 for period and 2.0 and 4.0 for multiplier. Is there any way to automate this testing? For example you would start with 5 for period and you would cycle through the range for multiplier from 2.0 to 4.0, then you would increment the period to 6 and cycle through multiplier and so on... I guess this would take some time but at the end you would get the results recorded and easy to compare i.e. easy to see which combination of parameters is, sort of, "the best". That's why I prefer EAs and strategy tester because you can see straight on what is good and not so good and discard combinations that would take you to the abyss. 

I do appreciate your suggestion that any trader should first learn to use indicators in a proper way but I'm not sure I understand what you tried to say. Can you give me an example with RSI (Relative Strength Index). From my point of view all that I need to know as a non-programmer is how to change parameter for period to something reasonable. I know the default value is 14 so if I change it to 1587 I should know that I cannot expect anything reasonable. I will get something but I cannot expect it to make sense. Am I on the right track with my thinking?

About STAD : STAD is ( Strategy, Trading and Development) - search fro stad pdf tradestation and you should find some places where you can eventually download them

mladen:
About STAD : STAD is ( Strategy, Trading and Development) - search fro stad pdf tradestation and you should find some places where you can eventually download them

Thank you for the STAD. I found it here so if anybody else is interested the pdf document can be downloaded from here:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/zanran_storage/www.qqfx.com/ContentPages/43119538.pdf 

Do you have any opinion about my second issue with regard to testing simple EAs using strategy tester and cycling through parameter combinations?

Exclusive Forum

Simple experts

Dostoyevsky, 2016.05.30 19:03

Thank you for the STAD. I found it here so if anybody else is interested the pdf document can be downloaded from here:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/zanran_storage/www.qqfx.com/ContentPages/43119538.pdf 

Do you have any opinion about my second issue with regard to testing simple EAs using strategy tester and cycling through parameter combinations?

There should be 13 books (STAD were published 1 book a year - for 13 years)

Thanks.  I've looked for these with no success.  You google well.

As I mentioned it took me a while to find it but I'm glad I was helpful. 

Mladen, somebody mentioned "stepMA of RSI adaptive ema 2.8" being a cutting edge indicator. If you share this opinion and you think this is the case could you please make a simple EA with this indicator. Tnx. 

ps: could you please attach the indicator as well. I jotted down on a piece of paper the name but now I cannot find the thread I was reading about it. Tnx. 

Dostoyevsky:

As I mentioned it took me a while to find it but I'm glad I was helpful. 

Mladen, somebody mentioned "stepMA of RSI adaptive ema 2.8" being a cutting edge indicator. If you share this opinion and you think this is the case could you please make a simple EA with this indicator. Tnx. 

ps: could you please attach the indicator as well. I jotted down on a piece of paper the name but now I cannot find the thread I was reading about it. Tnx. 

Wow! That was quick. Tnx a lot Mntiwana. 
Reason: