MTF Stochastic

Hi,

The attached stochastic is an mtf version that is great. However it does not show interim values on higher time frames when used - it only updates the values on close of the higher time frame values. Could you change it to show higher time frame values in the interim before bar close, during the period? I realize this is not an issue if you are trading on a 5 min time frame and looking at hourly for example, but it does become an issue when looking at daily, weekly and monthly as the updates are to slow on the higher time frames.

Thanks,

dshay

mtf_stochastic_v2.0.mq4

Can someone pls attend to this request?

dshay

That is simply a stochastic that is interpolated when in mtf mode. It also has some errors in that interpolation (among other it assumes that there are no missing bars on chart) and some other errors when switching to mtf mode, so it is better to use some other indicator instead. Attaching one that works as it should

dshay:
Can someone pls attend to this request?
Files:

Hi mladen,

Thanks, this one is very good, but it does not allow to go to lower time frame i.e. on 15 min chart, I cannot add 5 min stochastic, as lowest time frame = current time frame. Is it possible to do that? It helps to refine entry points, when looking across multiple time frames.

Thanks and much appreciated,

dshay

dshay

I know, and that is done on purpose.

An example : on a 1 hour chart you would have 4 15 minute bars for each 1 hour bar. Which one of the 4 is "the most significant" and should be shown? In short, showing lower time frame on a higher time frame is simply not possible without significant error and that is why multi time frame indicator do not show that (or else they are showing wrong data 99% of time)

dshay:
Hi mladen,

Thanks, this one is very good, but it does not allow to go to lower time frame i.e. on 15 min chart, I cannot add 5 min stochastic, as lowest time frame = current time frame. Is it possible to do that? It helps to refine entry points, when looking across multiple time frames.

Thanks and much appreciated,

dshay

mladen:
dshay That is simply a stochastic that is interpolated when in mtf mode. It also has some errors in that interpolation (among other it assumes that there are no missing bars on chart) and some other errors when switching to mtf mode, so it is better to use some other indicator instead. Attaching one that works as it should

Updated version of the indicator to make it new metatrader 4 compatible : stochastic_mtf_nmc.mq4

Files:

mladen:
Re: MTF Stochastic Updated version of the indicator to make it new metatrader 4 compatible : stochastic_mtf_nmc.mq4

Is there a more user friendly version?

sebastianK:

There is. Will post it on issues solved

sebastianK:

i think this one is pretty too.

regards

Files:

Good day gentlemen

I have an issue with the composite mtf stochastic.

When I try to add it to an already existent sub-window it doesn't show the time frame options box and all that shows is a flat line onthe bottom.

Only acts normally if opens up a sub-window of its own.

Is there a way to correct it? Thank you

azorix:

Good day gentlemen

I have an issue with the composite mtf stochastic.

When I try to add it to an already existent sub-window it doesn't show the time frame options box and all that shows is a flat line onthe bottom.

Only acts normally if opens up a sub-window of its own.

Is there a way to correct it? Thank you

You can not do that

The thing is that metatrader does not recognize the sub-window of the indicator when it is dragged to an already existing sub-window and since that indicator needs to know that, it can not create the buttons it needs to interact with you. Do the opposite : make the composite mtf stochastic first in the sub-window and then drag another indicator in that sub-window and then it will work

Reason: