Nodama Trader

This is nodama trader short for normalized deviations with ma and atr . The ea uses partial exits and rifles through them very fast, so depending on your broker you may have to do some adjusting to the settings, to keep your broker happy. Noda is the indicator and in the rar is a template which i have been using on 1 minute charts. The strategy is when normalized Atr is greater than a set level i would say 90 or greater the Ea will decide its direction based on the normalized deviation and normalized deviation ma. Attaching a fwd testing statement the losses on gbpusd and eurjpy was because i for some reason i still can't figure, why coded the atr to be mtf and had it set for m5 time frame and the deviation and ma were at m1 timeframe which wasn't good.

Updated version posted here : https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/exclusive/13869-nodama-trader/page2#comment_761805

Files:
nodama.gif  43 kb
nodama.rar  13 kb

StrategyTester

StrategyTester

Nodama Trader

Thanks MrTools

Seems interesting.

I will try to look at it for this weekend.

Just started to trade this EA using many pairs:

Files:
nodama_2.jpg  98 kb
nodama_1.jpg  201 kb

This is the second version of NoDama EA using nocka mama indicator created by MrTools:

It is not uploaded yet - I am just testing/forward testing.

Files:

This EA (the second version) is trading very good

but it was 2 losses for GBPJPY:

so, we should stop trading very volatile pairs, or use time-to-trade text file on the same way as for Polyfit EA.

Files:

But the other pairs look fine in trading for today:

So, we should stop trading very volatile pairs (but ... how to estimate the volatility for the "future day"?),

or (which is more real) use time-to-trade text file on the same way as for Polyfit EA.

Files:

This is a second version of Nodama trader pretty much the same as the original version, except the indicator is different somewhat.

In the indicator changed the regular atr to the averages atr with the 18 different average possibilities, also some other minor coding changes, and still using jurik smoothing to smooth the results, changed the name to nocka mama. The Ea still using partial exits, and the Ea was coded to use the presets Newdigital is using in his trading.Some brokers may not be too keen on this type of trading so you may need to adjust extern double ATRPartialClose = 0.10 a little higher because after this profit the ATR We will look to start taking partial profits. The Ea only uses nocka mama for ea, the other is to follow trades if you want, its mtf with alerts and options to use the std deviation ma or not and same with the atr.Ea is coded to only trade if Atr is rising and above its lower level(20 by default) and less than the upper level(90 by default) and std deviation is either sloping up or down and greater or less than its ma.

Files:

This EA needs timefilter anyway.

Because a lot of trades, all of them with small profit (less than 1 dollar), and any one loss is about 8 to 20 dollars. And all losing trades were opened during GMT day time. So, if EA will trade at GMT night only - it may be more profitable.

newdigital:
This EA needs timefilter anyway. Because a lot of trades, all of them with small profit (less than 1 dollar), and any one loss is about 8 to 20 dollars. And all losing trades were opened during GMT day time. So, if EA will trade at GMT night only - it may be more profitable.

Good news - MrTools created the version with tiemfilter so I am going to use/trade it since this Monday.

if everything will be fine so this version will be uploaded to this thread.

Just for information.

This is nobama trader 2 with time filter, this type of time filter far as i know kinda one of a kind, was done by Mladen, and you can set it to cross days, for example this one is by default set to 22 your brokers time to start trading and to stop trading the next day at 4 your brokers time or to make it shorter to just trade the less volatile Asian market. Everything else is the same.By the look of things Newdigital may be on to something with this.

Reason: