Jurik TrendStrength Ea - page 8

pooh123:
Hi Mr Tools, Just tried backtesting v2.3 and still got the error message with not enough memory. Please find attached the screenshot. If it's not easy to fix then don't worry about it. I haven't forward tested v2.3 yet but at least v2.2 opens trades without problem during forward testing.

Don't know, but did find another iCustom error and some order modify errors that seemed to be with this Ea constantly think i may have got most of them, but doubt that would be causing that problem, that message sounds like a small amount of memory but i'm not sure, this version i'm posting now i 've been waiting for it to trade come to find out it placed a trade and not finding any errors or initializing tick errors.This weekend will be able to try and dublicate what's going on with your back testing.Anyway up to version 2.4.

Just some fwd. testing results from this week, and another upgrade. In fwd testing found was constantly getting order modify errors from ALL the trailing stops couldn't find a one that worked, so removed them and for now going with a basic trailing that is doing well, or at least no errors, and it will let you know by alerts whats going on error wise.

Hi MrTools,

What is your recommended settings and timeframe for Jurik_TrendStrengthExpert_v2.5 EA?

Hi Newdigital,

Thanks for asking, might help if i give more information.

This is my setfile i was using for M15 EurUsd was using Absolute Strength with Trend strength jurik, did ok but seemed i was getting in towards the end of the moves, so now its Trend Strength and Trend Envelopes, and seems to be getting better entries.

Files:

Thanks.

I made an update for this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179816

Because I am trying to change very old version (from elite section) to this new version (advanced elite) for forward testing/trading.

mrtools:
Just some fwd. testing results from this week, and another upgrade. In fwd testing found was constantly getting order modify errors from ALL the trailing stops couldn't find a one that worked, so removed them and for now going with a basic trailing that is doing well, or at least no errors, and it will let you know by alerts whats going on error wise.

Hi MrTools,

I have a couple of querys about the latest version of Jurik Trendstrength that I hope you could answer.

I am currently testing the latest version and I am seeing some odd behaviour with the orders. When I have a look at the log I am seeing the following error message:-

ECN Ordersend failed with error #146

I was wondering if you had any idea as to what is causing this error message to appear ?

I've also noticed that the EA memory usage grows very quickly over a short period of time (roughly 2 hours). I am testing with over 20 different currency pairs and I've just got the EA running with no indicators on the charts. When I examine my logs I see the indicators being reloaded and initialised numerous times. I was wondering if this would be the cause of the increase in memory usage ?

Regards

Peekaboo

peekaboo:
Hi MrTools,

I have a couple of querys about the latest version of Jurik Trendstrength that I hope you could answer.

I am currently testing the latest version and I am seeing some odd behaviour with the orders. When I have a look at the log I am seeing the following error message:-

ECN Ordersend failed with error #146

I was wondering if you had any idea as to what is causing this error message to appear ?

I've also noticed that the EA memory usage grows very quickly over a short period of time (roughly 2 hours). I am testing with over 20 different currency pairs and I've just got the EA running with no indicators on the charts. When I examine my logs I see the indicators being reloaded and initialised numerous times. I was wondering if this would be the cause of the increase in memory usage ?

Regards

Peekaboo

Hi Peekaboo,

For the second part of your question this version i am posting will take care of those problems, and most definitely causing those problems with increased memory usage, now about the ecn order send 146 error, if i may ask is the Ea still trading , also is the broker an Ecn broker, sorry if the questions seems dumb just helps me to track down what the problem is.

mrtools:
Hi Peekaboo, For the second part of your question this version i am posting will take care of those problems, and most definitely causing those problems with increased memory usage, now about the ecn order send 146 error, if i may ask is the Ea still trading , also is the broker an Ecn broker, sorry if the questions seems dumb just helps me to track down what the problem is.

Thanks for the quick fix MrTools, I'm currently testing it and will let you know if I encounter any problems.

For the first part of my problem with the ecn order error, I am using an Ecn broker. An example of the error was with the EURGBP pair, there were three occurences of the error over a 45 minute period before a successful order was placed for the pair ( the same problem also occurred on other pairs as well, but the error occurred only once before a successful order was placed).

Peekaboo

Thanks, perfect that's what i needed to know.

Hi Mr Tools,

Just backtested v2.5a using 10 years' history data from 1/2/2002 - 12/30/2011 on eurusd with your setting. The EA opened its last sell order on 6/19/2002 and then the order just hung there until closed at stop 9 years later. I noticed all other orders were closed with sl. The SL were added by ordermodify after trade is opened. For this order on 6/19/2002 somehow the EA didn't have a chance to add SL. Please find attached my test result.

Files:
jts2.5a.gif  8 kb
jts2.5a.htm  206 kb
Reason: