Jurik TrendStrength Ea - page 6

Hi Gorick,

This version is working on Gold, might be better than the others on currencies as well.

Files:

mrtools:
Hi Gorick, This version is working on Gold, might be better than the others on currencies as well.

Mr Tools,

This one works very well thank you. I will put it in.

Regards

gorick

Hi Mr Tools,

I found that this EA is most profitable when default setting is used with Exitmode=0 and stoploss is set to 0, in which case almost all trades are closed with a profit, with the last one sometimes closed at a loss. This feature is its edge. But it's a double edged sword. If an order is opened at a mid/long term top or bottom in the wrong direction, it could remain open for a long time and eventually end with a big loss, wasting both time and money. I attached my backtest result here. The big drawdown at the last was exactly the case.

So, would you consider adding a time-based forced order close--the order will be closed after it is open for certain period of time ?

Or what else may help ?

Thanks,

pooh123

I do not know the answer on this question sorry.

I think - MrTools can reply.

I only want to say that ... using M15 timeframe for the indicators working on H4 timeframe - it is multi timeframe EA/case ("AbsoluteStrength parameters"; AS_TimeFrame=240) and in this case - backtesting is not valid. I mean: may be valid, may be not.

--------

the order will be closed after it is open for certain period of time ?

Yes, it may be idea ...

I remember - old version of this EA is not trading often and the trades are keeping open for the long time ...

I think - it may be closed on friday evening.

Because EA is not trading often so forcing the closing on Friday may be good.

Because this EA is having few trades in a month only so closing on friday may help.

pooh123:
Hi Mr Tools,

I found that this EA is most profitable when default setting is used with Exitmode=0 and stoploss is set to 0, in which case almost all trades are closed with a profit, with the last one sometimes closed at a loss. This feature is its edge. But it's a double edged sword. If an order is opened at a mid/long term top or bottom in the wrong direction, it could remain open for a long time and eventually end with a big loss, wasting both time and money. I attached my backtest result here. The big drawdown at the last was exactly the case.

So, would you consider adding a time-based forced order close--the order will be closed after it is open for certain period of time ?

Or what else may help ?

Thanks,

pooh123

Hi Pooh123,

Yes sounds like a good idea,the good thing is Tick Scalper has this already and the basic Template almost the same so should be fairly easy.

pooh123:
Hi Mr Tools,

Or what else may help ?

Thanks,

pooh123

Hi Pooh123,

Might try this version the version you were testing had a CloseTimeMode but didn't see it until i started the mod,should've removed my shades in the house anyway updated the indicators and Ea, tried to keep your default settings. About the time close add on's there is a Friday close mode, the close time mode (set it to 0=off or 1=on)then you set the time, by default it is off and set at 24, so if you had it on and if its working correctly should close the trade after 24hrs.The Friday close mode you can set the hour and minute to close trades on Friday.Anyway when you open the Ea up in metaeditor on the comments explains it pretty good.Put it on 1 minute chart already opened a couple trades.Also put a different automatic magic number calculator along with the no hedge code.

Mr Tools,

Thanks for your quick response. I'll try it.

pooh123

I know im late to this conversation, but I downloaded the EA and the indicators posted today, and currently back testing them, but for some reason I get lots of 130 errors.

any idea?

also is there a template for this, as I dont know which instruments to put up

Hi Fxhelper,

Thanks for testing and pointing out the bugs, should be fixed in this version, as far as a template for now have this for how i am fwd testing it, a few posts up is the regular Trend Strength indicator, mtf and alerts, and as far as mtf and alerts for absolute strength will find or make one.

after spending a day glued to the screen, here are my results, the robot is amazing, BUT,

I tested for 7 months between July until today, and found that 12 out of the 60 trades got into trouble ( were open for 6 days before they turned into profit)

some analysis showed that some whipsaws were 300 pips strong.

For the life of me I cant figure out how to put a hard stop loss on this puppy, as I would think 100 pips TS would be amazing.

any opinions?

Reason: