Jurik TrendStrength Ea - page 3

mrtools:
This is same as last posts Ea but using only Jurik Trend Strength and Absolute Strength , doing very well so far using default settings on M15.On the picture are current open trades and today closed a 3 order buy trade for eurusd for around 150 pips. ps) forgot to mention in last post and pertains to this Ea as well if you have trailing mode = true and trailing stop= 0 then psar indicator will be trailing your open orders, also indicators can be found in first post of this thread.

Hi mrtools. Could you post the indicators and your tpl file pls. Thanks.

I did not test new versions yet.

I will forward test the latest version next week.

fmonera:
With Jurik TrendStrength v2 I keep getting "OrderSend failed with error #0" on FXCBS demo. I tried enabling / disabling MM, puting integer lots, but still keeps appearing the error. It works ok on Forex.com demo.

As I said - I did not test new versions yet.

But as I understand - error 130 - it may be something with ECN (stp). It is necessary to have EN settings/features for this EA (if we do not have any).

newdigital:
As I said - I did not test new versions yet. But as I understand - error 130 - it may be something with ECN (stp). It is necessary to have EN settings/features for this EA (if we do not have any).

The Jurik trendstrength (first 2 versions i posted) are not Ecn compatible yet, will work on fixing that this weekend, would reccomend testing the last 2 versions for now after saying that realized this week about over anyway will work on making the first 2 version Ecn compatible, but while who ever is testing think about what you think this Ea or these Ea's need to make them better!

trad2kx:
Hi mrtools. Could you post the indicators and your tpl file pls. Thanks.

Here's a couple templates all are indicators except libSSA dll it goes in experts/libraries the channel indicator repaints been working on making a nrp version and using in Ea but no luck so far

Last week forward test of Jurik TrendStrength EA result was a loss of 10% of the demo account. I'm testing EURUSD, GBPJPY, GBPUSD, USDCAD, EURJPY.

I'm pretty sure the bad performance is due to the pending bugs (stop looses, etc). Unfortunately, I am not skilled enough to fix this EA.

I think this will become one of the best performing EA. I hope someone skilled thinks like me and finish it

I will keep the forward test for the moment.

fmonera:
Last week forward test of Jurik TrendStrength EA result was a loss of 10% of the demo account. I'm testing EURUSD, GBPJPY, GBPUSD, USDCAD, EURJPY.

I'm pretty sure the bad performance is due to the pending bugs (stop looses, etc). Unfortunately, I am not skilled enough to fix this EA.

I think this will become one of the best performing EA. I hope someone skilled thinks like me and finish it

I will keep the forward test for the moment.

I agree Fmonera,about the possibilities with this Ea and started workng on it this weekend have added the ECN broker mode, and this works fine but now am bogged down with the stops issue, from what i have found so far when using either Trend envelopes or Volty stop as trailing stops seems to be causing the problem, doesn't seem to be a problem when using regular stops.So please be patient with me as am committed to fixing the bugs.

Regards

tools

mrtools:
I agree Fmonera,about the possibilities with this Ea and started workng on it this weekend have added the ECN broker mode, and this works fine but now am bogged down with the stops issue, from what i have found so far when using either Trend envelopes or Volty stop as trailing stops seems to be causing the problem, doesn't seem to be a problem when using regular stops.So please be patient with me as am committed to fixing the bugs.

Regards

tools

The problem with stops is that the EA uses Volty Stop to set it. That is fine, but many times the (buy/sell) trade are taken before Volty Stop has an (down/up) value. You can just visual backtest to show the problem.

I found that just skipping those trades are better than setting a fixed stop loss.

I stopped the test after a 25% down in the account. I'm not sure if the problem was the EA or current market conditions, as I was testing TrendOSOB at the same time and it destroyed the demo account too.

Half of the destruction on both were news spikes, so in the real world one could just shut down the pairs affected by the news.

I have high expectations on this EA. I need a trend-following EA and I like a lot this one. I think once the bugs are fixed and pairs tested, this should be a very profitable one.

Jurik_TrendStrengthExpert ECN

mrtools:

Regards

tools

Hi mrtools, I am back again. Please find attached the Jurik_TrendStrengthExpert with ECN/STP support and automated adaption to 4 and 5 digit brokers incl. the used indis (also the AbsoluteTrendStrength Indi). I recommend to only add the indis that are used from the EA as well. I also facilitated the automated MagicNo. calculator a bit.

I didn't change any stop loss functions/methods so far.

I also have the feeling that the EA is opening trades with low momentum. Maybe it would be good to include a momentum indi as well.

Boxter

Boxter:
Hi mrtools, I am back again. Please find attached the Jurik_TrendStrengthExpert with ECN/STP support and automated adaption to 4 and 5 digit brokers incl. the used indis (also the AbsoluteTrendStrength Indi). I recommend to only add the indis that are used from the EA as well. I also facilitated the automated MagicNo. calculator a bit.

I didn't change any stop loss functions/methods so far.

I also have the feeling that the EA is opening trades with low momentum. Maybe it would be good to include a momentum indi as well.

Boxter

Thanks Boxter and nice job, there was a bug in juriktrendenvelopes i had posted earlier, this is fixed version of indicator, it is named the same so just overwrite the old indicator with this version.

Files:
Reason: