Jurik TrendStrength Ea

Did a mod of Elite sections TrendStrength Ea now its Jurik TrendStrength Expert. Posting here because this is where thr best jurik source is

The Ea is calling Jurik TrendStrength,JurikAddsignal,JurikTrendEnvelopes, Volty ChannelStopv2.1 and AbsoluteStrength_v1.1 .

JurikAddsignal requires jurik STC nrp,jurik filter simple-1, and rsx on jurik smooth-1.

Did a quick back test after quick optimization on Alpari got pretty good results on M15 eurusd.

Thanks a lot, Mrtools.

Yes, Elite sections TrendStrength EA is profitable (statement is attached).

And it is the performance since September 2007 with same unchanged settings (the data was taken from excel file - last post on this elite section thread:

It is very good to see new version of this famous EA with Jurik feature.

Thanks a lot.

Files:

Mrtools, could you rewrite the Jurik TrendStrength into an indicator, please?. Thanks, Janusz

Janusz123:
Mrtools, could you rewrite the Jurik TrendStrength into an indicator, please?. Thanks, Janusz

Hi Janusz,

There is a Jurik Trend Strength in the rar file but if you are looking at turning this into a manual system probably would be easier to post for you a template, which you can add or subtract indicators as your trading preference. If you are asking about turning JTS into a manual trading type system like Mandarine, let me think about how to do this, and not sure if it can be done because of MT4 8 buffer restrictions.

Regards

tools

Thanks for your quick reply . I've extracted the JTS from the rar file but if you can do more, all the better. By the way, you're a very patient guy when people like me ask you silly questions sometimes (I should've looked into the file first). Regards, Janusz

mrtools:
Hi Janusz,

There is a Jurik Trend Strength in the rar file but if you are looking at turning this into a manual system probably would be easier to post for you a template, which you can add or subtract indicators as your trading preference. If you are asking about turning JTS into a manual trading type system like Mandarine, let me think about how to do this, and not sure if it can be done because of MT4 8 buffer restrictions.

Regards

tools

Thanks a lot for this interesting EA, mrtools. I have tried to verify your backtest results and wonder why often a stop loss is set when an order is opened and sometimes a stop loss is not set (s/l = 2147483647). Sometimes this leads to orders which are open for weeks or months, e.g. on the 4th of March 2009 a sell order w/o stop loss was opened and the price moved up for the next months.

Should this EA work that way or do I get wrong results due to bad data e.g. ?

Could you please provide your backtest results?

Regards,

kalusao

This EA looks very good, but I faced the SL problem too backtesting 2009 so I am still not confident on trying it.

fmonera:
This EA looks very good, but I faced the SL problem too backtesting 2009 so I am still not confident on trying it.

Weird thing is not having the problems in live demo trading Alpari fior some reason made me start a new demo so lost all my prior demo testing but started a new demo and will see how it goes, so far only using Jurik Trendstrength mode=1 and Absolute Strength on H4 mode now =2 and Volty Stop as emergency stop loss, and so far doing well. Best i can say is try it yourself on demo and see how it does, nothing to loose, and back testing can be very unreliable!

kalusao:
Thanks a lot for this interesting EA, mrtools. I have tried to verify your backtest results and wonder why often a stop loss is set when an order is opened and sometimes a stop loss is not set (s/l = 2147483647). Sometimes this leads to orders which are open for weeks or months, e.g. on the 4th of March 2009 a sell order w/o stop loss was opened and the price moved up for the next months.

Should this EA work that way or do I get wrong results due to bad data e.g. ?

Could you please provide your backtest results?

Regards,

kalusao

I had the same problem on some orders while back testing in fact the same number if i remember right, not sure if its the Ea or the data, can't provide my back test results for some reason after back testing on Alpari try to save my results they won't save, not sure if its a Vista problem or platform problem, anyway in that test had Trendstrength rsx length set to 8 and k = 8. All indicators had mode=0 except Trendstrength mode = 1 and Absolute strength mode = 1 and used volty stop as trailing it is trailing mode = 2, but in real demo trading these settings proved to be no good so changed Trendstrength rsx to 14 and k = 4.236 and mode=1 and Absolute Strength everything default except timeframe=240 and mode = 1 and still using volty as trailer(trailing mode=2) but experimenting mainly with risk settings. One more thing changed take profit = 10 the Ea has been doing well now seems to be having problem of opening a trade one after the other with sometimes the last one opened is very late in the move this is where i am experimenting with Volty as a type of safety net for this type of trade, sosomething i should have said when i posted it is please don't use it on real account as of yet unless you are extremely confident in it, my plans are to find best indicators that work best and put it in a better Ea format once this is figured out.Posting v1 Jurik Trendstrength with default settings hard coded in it for now.

ps) something else forgot to mention if you leave magic number = 0 the Ea will automatically choose your magic number.

1 day results

Results from new demo started last night, the figures not adding up because i lost $80 on manual trade, currently have 3 trades open with Jurik Trendstrength but only 30$ drawdown will see how it goes.

I see you are testing GBPUSD, EURJPY, EURUSD, GBPJPY and USDCAD. Any other pairs to test?

Which timeframe? From the picture, it seems you are using 15m.

Starting forward test today.

Reason: