"meters" ...

Not a new idea, but since we do not have something like these ... And I was wondering is it complicated to make one ____________________________

In this thread indicators that can be called "meters" will be posted. The "meters" in this case refers to a certain way of presenting data. More or less it something like this :
Of course it has to have some possibilities to adjust the "look and feel" as well as the parameters for the underlying indicators - something like this : one indicator with different settings
____________________________ Of parameters common to all indicators :
IndicatorMagicNumber-> in order to make it possible to place multiple instances of the same indicator with different parameters, this parameter is used. For every next instance simply apply a new unique (unique to the chosen indicator - it will not get mixed with the rest of the indicators from the same family) number

IndicatorWindow-> window in which you want the indicator to be shown. 0 is the main chart, 1 is the next sub-window and so on. These indicators are by default drawn in the main chart, and in order to allow sub-window drawing without a need to open a "real" indicator a fake indicator is supplied ("meter fake") which only opens an empty sub window which then can be used to place these indicators

IndicatorCorner-> the corner where to draw the indicator. Corners are :
0 -> up left

1 -> up right

2 -> down left

3 -> down right

IndicatorXPosition-> horizontal displacement of the indicator in pixels

IndicatorYPosition-> vertical displacement of the indicator in pixels

IndicatorSteps-> number of steps used to draw the meter. Minimal value is 15 and maximal value is 75 (these limits are for practical reasons only)

IndicatorMiddleLine-> the way how would you like the indicator to be drawn. If set to true indicator is drawn around a middle line (for exampla 50 for stochastic, rsi, or 0 for dmx) or you want it to be drawn in absolute 0 to 100 range value (example on the picture with IndicatorMiddleLine set to true in the upper one and false in the lower one)
IndicatorTextColor-> color for the text displayed by indicator

IndicatorBackColor-> color for the background displayed by indicator

IndicatorStartColorand IndicatorEndColor-> starting and ending color used to display the "meter" Middle colors are calculated as a gradient from these two colors

...TimeFramesparameter used by all the indicators is a list of time frames you want to be displayed. It is a list separated by ";", and there is no limitation as of number of time frames used (you can set duplicate time frames, you can set then up in any order you prefer) Also, when entering time frames, you can use the "number" convention as well as the letters and numbers from the periodicity bar : so 1 hour for example can be entered as "60" or "H1" as well
____________________________ The "fake" indicator which opens an empty sub-window (as in the example)
Files:

Thanks for the great indicators Mladen,

How do these indicators meter the data ,what do they tell us ?I mean are they classifying,mapping the market(overbought-oversold-trending-ranging etc.. ?Thanks.

biddick,

These indicators are not doing any estimate or translation or something similar (it is an idea to do that too, but the problem is how to measure the wights of different time frames regarding "trend") Till then (till I have a reliable way of weighting different time frames (of which I am not so sure that it can be done), this is how they work :

These indicators are taking the values of an indicator and translate it to a steps you defined. So, for example, if the value of a stochastic is 0, it will show the values from the middle line down to 0 if middle line option is set to true, or nothing if middle line option is set to false. In the opposite, when the value of the stochastic is 100 it will show the values from the middle line up to 100 if middle line option is set to true, or all the steps filled in with gradient colors if middle line option is set to false

regards

mladen

mladen:
biddick,

These indicators are not doing any estimate or translation or something similar (it is an idea to do that too, but the problem is how to measure the wights of different time frames regarding "trend") Till then (till I have a reliable way of weighting different time frames (of which I am not so sure that it can be done), this is how they work :

regards

mladen

Mladen ,

I also have a similar idea with Jurik CFB and Ehlers Corona Charts combination to map the data (cycling, trending ,noisy etc...) https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179306 what do you think is it possible to measure the weights of different time frames with these two analysis?

ADX meter

Hey Mladen,

Could you make a Wilder's DMI meter?

I guess you will have to make "two" meters one showing ADX and the other DI+ and DI - unless you combine both ADX values and DI+/- in one.

thanks,

jim

thanks mladen...........

mladen,

Could you add an alert to the DMI meter?

Could you set the alert such a way if the indicatorsteps is set to 15, that means there is 7 steps above the "middle step line" and 7 below. So if I choose "5 steps" for an alert, then anytime "5 steps" are "highlighted" then the indicator alerts.

Please setup the alert so that for example if I choose M15 and H1 for the alert, then the indicator alerts when "5 steps" are highlighted on both M15 and H1 otherwise it doesn't.

Thanks,

Jim

mladen,

If you have not worked on the alerts then please disregard my request.

Sorry......jim

mladen,

Could you make a "bollinger squeeze" meter with alerts?

thanks,

jim

Files:

Bollinger Squeeze

mladen,

I had requested a MTF Bollinger Squeeze in the elite section however if you are working on a Bollinger Squeeze meter then please disregard my request for MTF Bollinger Squeeze.

thanks,

jim

Hi Mladen,

first I want to thank you and the whole team TSD for the great work.

I have the following questions to your "meters":

- Can I change the "meter" in the broad ?

- Can you make a "meter " of CCI ?

- I can not to see for the "meter", if the indicator is rising or falling.

Can you change that (similar corona_dashboard) ?

Sorry for my bad english !

Thanks

derumuro

Reason: