Kase indicators - page 2

And an addition (so usual when Kase indicators are concerned)

Found another way(s) of calculating Kase DevStop indicator :
Version II
Calculation is done according to metastock formula. One part of the calculation has been removed (original bellow) : the part where RWH and RWL are using "/(ATR(Per1)*Sqrt(Per1))" in calculation. Since those values are used only to test greater than and smaller than 0, division by a same value does not make any difference in the final test, and removing it from the calculation adds to speed
Kase DevStop II

{Cynthia Kase}

Per1:=Input("Max Length",2,100,30);

RWH:=(H-Ref(L,-Per1))/(ATR(Per1)*Sqrt(Per1));

RWL:=(Ref(H,-Per1)-L)/(ATR(Per1)*Sqrt(Per1));

Pk:=Mov((RWH-RWL),3,W);

AVTR:=Mov(HHV(H,2) - LLV(L,2),20, S);

SD:=Stdev(HHV(H,2) - LLV(L,2),20);

Val4:=If(Pk>0,HHV(H-AVTR-3*SD,20),LLV(L+AVTR+3*SD,20));

Val3:=If(Pk>0,HHV(H-AVTR-2*SD,20),LLV(L+AVTR+2*SD,20));

Val2:=If(Pk>0,HHV(H-AVTR-SD,20),LLV(L+AVTR+SD,20));

Val1:=If(Pk>0,HHV(H-AVTR,20),LLV(L+AVTR,20));

Val4;

Val3;

Val2;

Val1;

And a version that looks like a candidate to be close to the original :
To be honest, I am not 100% sure that this is in fact the same as original (working on limited information regarding this indicator, and again Cynthia Kase does not help with information) Anyway, even at a first glance, both of these versions are more useful than the "version I"

mladen:
These are indicators from Kase StatWare

They have very little in common with the ones posted on the public part of the forum (will post comparison of those too) Wallander will remember the wondering about the 1.92 and 2.08 constants used. Well, these have nothing of a sort.

First the peak oscillator

Parameters :
kpoDeviations-> deviations to use in calculation

kpoShortCycle-> starting position to calculate values

kpoLongCycle-> ending position to calculate values

kpoSensitivity-> sensitivity modifier used to calculate values

allPeaksMode-> this one needs an explanation
On a lot of pictures showing Kase peak oscillator, every peak is marked regardless of its value compared to deviations. If you turn the allPeaksMode to true, it will work that way, but, frankly, I do not like that mode. See the comparison of the two modes

Also, the way peaks are determined must be explained here. It is marked using the last 3 bars. If the middle one of the 3 is "peaking" than it is marked. It means that if the oscillator is showing the peak in the previous bar, it can be changed (repainted). So the scope of repainting is predictable. If the peak bar is 2nd bar (first closed bar) it can be repainted. Once it becomes the 3rd bar or older there will be no repainting

The question is if it can be usable the way it is calculated. Answer is dual : sometimes it is god damn good even with repainting ad sometimes it is not. Anyway, do not rely on the peaks only, but use the rest of the info the indicator is showing

Difference compared to the "public version" is significant (not just for the "extra lines" but value wise too, see the comparison - upper is this version and lower is the "public version")
mladen:
Kase CD (where CD means convergence / divergence) In short it is one kind of MACD of basic Kase oscillator values

Parameters :
kpoShortCycle-> starting position to calculate values

kpoLongCycle-> ending position to calculate values

kpoSensitivity-> sensitivity modifier used to calculate values

You will notice that in this version there are no deviations line. I decided to keep it as close to original I can, hence no deviations lines in this one

Hi Mladen ,

Is it possible for you to adjust signal lines(like in the charts I am attaching ) for both Kase CD and Kase Peak indicator?Many thanks.

Files:
kase_cd.png  102 kb
kase_cd1.png  153 kb
kase_cd2.png  24 kb

Thank you very much Mladen .

biddick,

here is the Kase peak oscillator with divergence lines. The operation depends on the allPeaksMode parameter :
with allPeaksMode set to false

with allPeaksMode set to true

Will post the CD with divergences too as soon as I test those (since the peaks are going to be determined differently there)

Kase CD with divergences

What has been done : first step was to "unify" indicator so that now you can get something very similar to Kase peak oscillator - just turn the drawDivergences parameter to false and you are going to get this :
If the drawDiveregences is set to true, then the indicator is going to draw the divergences too. Again, it is showing more divergences if the allPeaksMode parameter is set to true (it is natural, since in that mode all the peaks are marked, not just the one breaking through the deviations "bound")

Is it possible to add an alert after the bar closes to kase permission stochastic smoothed.mq4 so that it gives an audible and popup alert once the lines cross?

Thanks,

Jim

I am sure you could code this yourself? plenty of indicators around that do this. Its very close to copy and paste

thanks mladen.....

Those purple peaks in kase peak oscillator... any repainting?

Reason: