Dynamic zone indicators ... - page 3

Thanks&Suggestions

mladen:
Important notice :

Every indicator that did not use a dll for calculating dynamic zone is updated (a dll version is attached along with the "non-dll version") Values are not going to change, but the speed difference and processor usage are significantly better for the dll versions, so I recommend using those instead of the non-dll versions. All the updated have an "dll" in the end of their names.

It is a work in progress

As with some other ting, sometimes Mark Jurik tells something that is rather a "theoretical idea" than a practical one.

The problem is simple : cfb is an oscillator without known upper bound (so without known range) which demands a couple of thing to do before it is used for the purpose Jurik claims it can be used. It should be "normalized" but any normalization is "deforming" the original values. So I first have to find out a harmless way to avoid to much cfb deformation in order to keep it useful for the purpose he metiones (the funny thing is that, as far as I know, Jurik did not make it, but I might be wrong on this statement)

Mladen,

1-Thanks for the dll versions,they are extremely useful,because ,now,we can use them in several charts or several timeframes without compromising platform stability.

2-Suggestion:How to normalize what has no "apparent" limits?...Can you normalize using lognormal distribution instead of the usual "normal"?...I am not sure if this will work,but it is something I have been wondering about for months...basically the argument goes like this...

A-Markets fit to the lognormal distribution of probability,hence the unbelievably volatile moves...the apparent "no limt" moves.

B-If we can devise dynamic zones whose probability is based on lognormal distribution and (I told you I am an empiricist) .....

C-If we can test those lognormal dzones with promising results...

D-We may have a better tool to make decisions regarding the extremes ,specially when no limit indicators(which is the same as limit indicators that stay at 100 or 0 for several periods ) or raw price are involved.

Hope this helped somehow,it may be that just assuming very fat tails is a simpler solution,but,I don`t think so,as I told you,I am an empiricist,and,IMO, this is not the solution for the kind of no limit indicators you were talking about...and Thanks again for the dll versions.

BTW..The most important "no limit" indicator is price,it can,and will,go anywhere.

Regards

S

mladen:
Dynamic zone DSS Bressert.

This indicator is no mystery. Its formula is know for a long time and has been used for a long time. Short description would go something like this :

The formula of this one is the following :
The reason why I decided to post it here is simple - charts like this one :
or like this one :
Sometimes, nature and some rather simple math shows things we never expected

Parameters :
StochasticLength- stochastic period

SmoothEMA- period of smoothing EMA used

DzLookBackBars- number of bars to look back for dynamic zone

DzStartBuyProbability1- probability for buy zone 1

DzStartBuyProbability2- probability for buy zone 2

DzStartSellProbability1- probability for sell zone 1

DzStartSellProbability2- probability for sell zone 2

WOW! Man nothing to say but awesome!!!

Thanks a lot!

Dynamic zone DSS Bressert

Dynamic zone DSS Bressert.

This indicator is no mystery. Its formula is know for a long time and has been used for a long time. Short description would go something like this :

"One after the other, William Blau and Walter Bressert each presented a version of the Double Smoothed Stochastics. Two exponentially smoothed MAs are used to even out the input values (H, L and C), in a similar way to the well-known stochastic formula."
The formula of this one is the following :
The reason why I decided to post it here is simple - charts like this one :
or like this one :
Sometimes, nature and some rather simple math shows things we never expected ___________________________ Parameters :
StochasticLength- stochastic period

SmoothEMA- period of smoothing EMA used

PS: dynamicZone.dll necessary for this indicator can be downloaded from the post #1 of this thread

Dynamic zone centered triangual MA

Dynamic zone centered Triangular moving average

I decided to make a dynamic zone version of a centered triangular ma too. In case that someone does not know the property that is causing wars among traders when it comes to centered triangular moving average : it recalculates last half period bars and it can happen that values for the last halfPeriod bars are changed.

Even if this one is not a "channeling" version (since it deals with probabilities) a good thread that can help about some properties of centered TMA can be found here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179608

Parameters :
HalfLength- triangular ma half length Price- price to use in calculations. Possible choices
0 - close

1 - open

2 - high

3 - low

4 - median (high+low)/2

5 - typical (high+low+close)/3

6 - weighted (high+low+close+close)/4

ShowMiddleLine - do you want the "50%" line to be shown or not

PS: dynamicZone.dll needed to be rewritten in order to allow this and similar indicators to run properly (that require more precision than oscillators). Also the new dynamic zone dll is somewhat optimized (it uses a bit less CPU resources in calculation than before. It can be downloaded from the post #1 of this thread (the latest version is attached there).

In order to run this indicator you must have the latest version of the dynamic zone dll otherwise it will show nothing on screen. The rest of the indicators will run with no problem with the new dll (slightly faster even) so simply overwrite the old dll with the new one

mladen:
Dynamic zone one more average.

Seemed as logical to make a dynamic zone of this indicator too. With its "imitating" capabilities good part of moving averages dynamic zones are covered

Parameters :
Length- length (period) for averaging AppliedPrice- price to use for averaging (it uses the usual metatrader values :
0 - close

1 - open

2 - high

3 - low

4 - median (high+low)/2

5 - typical (high+low+close)/3

6 - weighted (high+low+close+close)/4

Speed- desired speed (i limited to -1.5 on the lower side but it even does not need that limit - some interesting results with speeds that are less than 0 can be achieved)

Adaptive- does it adapt or not

ShowMiddleLine - do you want the "50%" line to be shown or not. If turned off, you can get a chart like this (somewhat cleaner if using this indicator as "signaling" one

PS: this one needs the latest dll too. So, in order to make it work, the latest dll from the first post must be downloaded

PPS: it is one more average with speed set to 0 used on the picture posted

Thanks a lot Mladen!!

Thanks mrtools for your help in testing the dll too

Actually, the dynamic zone OMA seems to be very interesting indicator. I usually do not recommend settings for indicators (it seems to me that that way I would limit indicators, since every man thinks differently, and what seems important to me might look completely unimportant to someone else) but this time I will deviate a bit :

Here are only 2 charts (the rest is similar) : EURUSD and GBPUSD 5 minute, default parameters except for speed : speed is set to 0 (ShowMiddleLine is set to false in order to make a clearer chart and entries). I think that these speak for themselves (other time frames and a lot of symbols are giving similar results, and surprisingly small number of misses) For example there is 1 miss on the GBPUSD chart marked with thumb down. So I am not stating that it is a holly grail, but ... not bad, not bad at all

mrtools:
Thanks a lot Mladen!!

Files:

Just for clarity, could you say when to buy and when to sell using the dynamic zone OMA please

Janusz

Attached a picture with example trades (this is a 15 minute chart EURUSD with an example of a false signal too)

Buy when it crosses the green line from bellow (crosses it up)

Sell when it crosses the red line from above (crosses it down)

If you want to be more conservative than use the dotted lines instead of solid lines

As usual, you should never depend on a single indicator. Add some other indicator (DSS Bressert, rsx, just as an example) or use some kind of time filter (you could avoid opening orders at the Asian session with this indicator, for example)

regards

mladen

Janusz123:
Just for clarity, could you say when to buy and when to sell using the dynamic zone OMA please
Files:

Alternative setup

mladen:
Janusz Attached a picture with example trades (this is a 15 minute chart EURUSD with an example of a false signal too)

Buy when it crosses the green line from bellow (crosses it up)

Sell when it crosses the red line from above (crosses it down)

If you want to be more conservative than use the dotted lines instead of solid lines

As usual, you should never depend on a single indicator. Add some other indicator (DSS Bressert, rsx, just as an example) or use some kind of time filter (you could avoid opening orders at the Asian session with this indicator, for example)

regards

mladen

Mladen,

Thanks again for your extremely professional work.

I would like to add just an alternative way of trading the OMA....

1-Enter long when price closes above the RED Line...with stop at the GREEN Line(either exit at Green Line touch or stop and reverse with close below Green line).

2-Enter short when price closes below GREEN Line...with stop at the RED Line....same comments as for point 1.

This alternative looks like it has a very good edge,both in terms of successful trade probabilities and in terms of RR.

Regards

S

dll

can anyone help in telling where to install the dll for the dynamic zone indicators please? i've never come across these.

thank you

mike

Reason: