Requests & Ideas - page 92

mugskei:
mrtools,

Is it possible to add an input to select the turn off of a range ( say 5% or 95% ) instead of just 0% and 100% of the DTOSC you've worked on for me?

dtosc_channel_arrows_1.mq4

Mugskei, try this version, by default have it set to 95 and 5. Whatever you set levelOs and levelOb that will be where the Magenta dotted line will fall. And your alerts and arrows should happen there also.

I am impressed!!

Thank you mrtools.

Vpci

Hi

Does anyone have the Volume Price Confirmation Indi (VPCI) for mt4?

you can find out more here:

Visual Trading Systems User Forums > Tasc - July 2007 - Volume Price Confirmation Indicator (vpci)

thanks in advance, Caprica

p.s. yes I know there is no real volume data for the forex market and mt4 simulates volume from tick data, but I am just curious none the less.

All Averages with symbools and labels

Mr Tools or Mladen,

Can you make this All Averages indicator (or if you have a better all averages ma indicator), have the ability to have symbols option.

What I mean is to have the ability to have say a usd/chf MA on a eur/usd chart.

And can I have labels added to it at the end so I can tell which MA is which.

Also can I get a subchart version.

Thanks.

Ish

Files:

Programming Help

Hello everyone,

I have taken the liberty to create a little supporting indicator for the G browser, currently it is not working as I want it to (i.e doesn't display anything). What I am interested in is to create an indicator that will create a composite of the different time frames into one, so that the outcome is a projection of how the market will behave till the next turning point. The indicator would take into account the wave pattern in all time frames starting at M5 up to W1 and then builds those progressively higher.

I would appreciate it if you someone can take a look at the code and tell me what I had done wrong and if possible fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Pip

cycle_composite.mq4

Files:

Pip

This one works. First thing that was the problem was the name ("it was "Geortzel browser 5" instead of "Goertzel browser 5", but that errors are the most difficult to find, believe me, been there a couple of times ;() And also there were some problems with parameters but that is solved now.

Some changes were made in the browser itself to make it "callable" (it was never meant to be called from other indicator hence the browser itself is written that way) so you need to use the one attached here with one extra parameter that prevents future bar objects creation in order to work as it should. Here is an example of a couple of time frames prediction parts on a 1 hour chart (no time translation have been done - in this example there are 5, 15, 30 minute, 1 and 4 hour prediction parts summed)

Now of compositing : the one you made adds composite cycles of chosen time frames together (so it is a sum of predictions of various time frames). Compositing those would take completely different approach : you have to know the current period, amplitude and the phase of each and every wave (sine or cosine) that is then used to "construct" the composite wave (since composite wave lacks one thing : the period and when there is no period for a signal, the question of a phase is a subject of debate (does or it does not exist for a composite signal - wave, In my opinion there can not be a phase in a composite signal)). And when it comes to multiple time frames the story does not stop there : synchronizing times of different time frames is obviously immediately ruling out lower time frames. But also, as I was telling in problems when mtf-ing future is concerned, it makes a combination of future bars in that manner impossible (one would need to construct a kind of "ideal" time frame chart first and then do the job on it and then when it comes to step of showing that on a real chart - bump - we are stuck) Also, a look at the "Keris" like mtf chart (the step like chart) also shows what the result would look like (it make combination of different time frame periods, amplitudes and phases imposible since higher time frame data would go same for a couple of bars and the result would be anything but a "wave")

Anyway, to shorten the story : the indicator posted here works with 5.1 version of browser and works as you original code was started (summing not compositing - compositing omitted for reasons stated above).

regards

Mladen

... Cycle Strength = Period (in price)/Period (e.g. 300 pips/48 bars) ...

I think it could be calculated as as kind of momentum (since the period is known a simple change of a price over a period bars should mean an impact of the cycle - cycle strength) I think that we should look for a stating bar where the phase of a wave is 1 or -1 since (to avoid zero phase and presumable zero price change) but will check it - not sure about this part right now

Mladen

mladen:
Pip

This one works. First thing that was the problem was the name ("it was "Geortzel browser 5" instead of "Goertzel browser 5", but that errors are the most difficult to find, believe me, been there a couple of times ;() And also there were some problems with parameters but that is solved now.

Some changes were made in the browser itself to make it "callable" (it was never meant to be called from other indicator hence the browser itself is written that way) so you need to use the one attached here with one extra parameter that prevents future bar objects creation in order to work as it should. Here is an example of a couple of time frames prediction parts on a 1 hour chart (no time translation have been done - in this example there are 5, 15, 30 minute, 1 and 4 hour prediction parts summed)

Now of compositing : the one you made adds composite cycles of chosen time frames together (so it is a sum of predictions of various time frames). Compositing those would take completely different approach : you have to know the current period, amplitude and the phase of each and every wave (sine or cosine) that is then used to "construct" the composite wave. And when it comes to multiple time frames the story does not stop there : synchronizing times of different time frames is obviously immediately ruling out lower time frames. But also, as I was telling in problems when mtf-ing future is concerned, it makes a combination of future bars in that manner impossible (one would need to construct a kind of "ideal" time frame chart first and then do the job on it and then when it comes to step of showing that on a real chart - bump - we are stuck) Also, a look at the "Keris" like mtf chart (the step like chart) also shows what the result would look like (it make combination of different time frame periods, amplitudes and phases imposible since higher time frame data would go same for a couple of bars and the result would be anything but a "wave")

Anyway, to shorten the story : the indicator posted here works with 5.1 version of browser and works as you original code was started (summing not compositing - compositing omitted for reasons stated above).

regards

Mladen

Mladen,

Point taken, thank you for tacking a shot at the indicator. It is certainly a start.

On another note, you had asked me regarding cycle strength and how it is calculated. It turns out simpler than I thought. The cycle strength is defined as the cycle impact in each bar and thus in mathematical terms it is Amplitude/Period. The only caveat though is that amplitude has to be calculated in terms of price, so the current amplitude output in G browser would to be converted to pips (i.e. how many points move from the low to the high in the sine wave pattern) for each cycle. Once that is determined you divide that number by its relevant period. The resultant will be a number telling which wave has the biggest impact in the current time point. The cycle with the highest strength is the one that should be sorted on the top, then the next one in sequence.

In order to preserve the way G Browser works now, My recommendation would be to introduce bool allowing the user to sort cycles based on Cycle Strength or original method (in case you venture into implementing this bit of info)

This approach challenges the concept that the greatest amplitude period is the dominant one.

Is it possible to implant that in G browser?

Cycle Strength = Period (in price)/Period (e.g. 300 pips/48 bars)

Cheers,

mladen:
I think it could be calculated as as kind of momentum (since the period is known a simple change of a price over a period bars should mean an impact of the cycle - cycle strength) I think that we should look for a stating bar where the phase of a wave is 1 or -1 since (to avoid zero phase and presumable zero price change) but will check it - not sure about this part right now Mladen

That is precisely the key. The phase of the cycle would have to be matched with a starting low point (-1) to use a point of reference for the amplitude conversion

Cheers,

Pip

Cycle Strength

Hello again everyone,

To further illustrate the point of cycle strength and its application to cycle analysis please review the attached image.

Applied is the following:

1) Second Window I have G browser set at top 1 cycle and starting at cycle 3, which has a period of 24 and amplitude of 0.0880. Cycle Strength = 0.0880/24= 3.7 x 10^3 (0.0037)

(modified cycle strength formula using native amplitude to see if the principle still applies, it would be nice to compare with the price adjusted version)

2) Third Window I have G browser set at top 1 cycle and starting at cycle 2, which has a period of 68 and amplitude of 0.1710. cycle Strength = 0.1710/68= 2.5 x 10^3 (0.0025)

3) Fourth Window I have G browser set at top 1 cycle and starting at cycle 3, which has a period of 92 and amplitude of 0.6161. cycle Strength= 0.6161/92= 6.7 x 10^3 (0.0067)

Although G browser has cycles with period 92 and 68 as the top two dominant cycles, Cycle strength, on the other hand, tells us that it is the 92 and the 24 period.

This can be visually confirmed using a little indicator I created entitled Dynamic Cycle Explorer (DCE). This indicator is still work in progress but it is the bases for comparing what price is actually doing to the determined theoretical cycle.

The purpose behind the Dynamic Cycle Explorer (name coined by Dr. Theinen) is to measure phase and amplitude variance between actual and theoretical market cycles.

DCE is nothing more than the difference between two centered moving averages. It is a method developed by Millard called "average minus average". The first centered MA is that of the full length of the dominent cycle period, while the other is half length.

If you refer back to the image attached you are visually able to determine the quality of the theoretical cycle to the actual price cycle and make a decision whether they are in synch.

Furthermore, the difference in amplitude between actual and theoretical cycle, as well as phase difference can be made evident (and measurable).

This is crucial for trading purposes because with that information you are able to tell whether the theoretical cycle should be adjusted in phase or in amplitude to match what price is doing for the purpose of adjusting the projection.

Please note that the change only relates to phase and amplitude and not periodicity. Periodicity is controlled by the Cycle Strength Factor (in addition to other things), when that changes, the projected cycle changes, as well as the new amplitude and phase (and hence the DCE changes to match the new cycle, still needs to be implemented).

Lastly, even though cycles with period 92 and 24 were determined to be the top two dominant cycles (based on cycle strength), visual inspection of the DCE helps us determine that historically only cycle with period 24 had a real impact on price action and thus it would be a more reliable cycle to follow for the purpose of trading.

I hope i made sense with this post, if not let me know.

Cheers,

Pip

Reason: