Requests & Ideas - page 28

Regression and deviation - line slope?

mladen:
adeo, this is the first step to it

It is rewritten much simpler...

Mladen

A thing of beauty...'tis remarkable as it was done quickly...amazing.

I assume the slope of the regression line is LinearRegSlope.

Is there an indicator buffer available to expose the slope of the regression line or are they all consumed?

The regression line slope would be nice to know as it can be used (1) to indicate direction resulting from regression as opposed to moving average, (2) compare against a preset to aid in a decision to take a trade if Price Action has made it to the n-standard deviation, (3) signal a reversal breakout if PA moves back across the line and so forth.

In my opinion, having the value exposed is more valuable than the object visualization. I assume an object would be required to present the line on the chart?

Too, I shall experiment with values other than price. If this is done, should it go to a separate window? Rhetorical question since I have not yet tried it in any fashion...thought I'd express my thanks first.

Thank you.

Separate window works well for values other than prices.

adeo

Here are 2 new ones :

One that is on the main chart but with multi time frame added and the other that does that in a separate window. The one that is in separate window has one more option added : it can display symbols different than the chart symbol (I made it in the "separate" version only because very different values can be displayed without making the main chart meaningless)

So now you can get things like this :

regards

Mladen

mladen:
adeo

Here are 2 new ones :

One that is on the main chart but with multi time frame added and the other that does that in a separate window. The one that is in separate window has one more option added : it can display symbols different than the chart symbol (I made it in the "separate" version only because very different values can be displayed without making the main chart meaningless)

So now you can get things like this :

regards Mladen

Thanks a lot Mladen and Adeo!

Excellent Mladen and Adeo , thank you.

Mladen addition to this can you smooth asymetric band oscilator with jurik filter simple indicator?Thanks.

biddick

Here you go Added the possibility to "double smooth" too (default - set by parameters - is the "simple" smoothing though) so you can choose which smoothing suites you the best in different situations (or even no smoothing - when Smooth is set to less than or equal 1). On the picture : upper - not smoothed, middle - "regular - simple" smoothing, lower - double smoothed
regards

Mladen

biddick:
Excellent Mladen and Adeo , thank you. Mladen addition to this can you smooth asymetric band oscilator with jurik filter simple indicator?Thanks.

Mtf_#mama

Dear Mladen,

can You make this MTF_#MAMA_2.1 in separate window and add arrows on alarm? Maybe any small smooting is possible too?

thanks,

bbjurek

Files:
mama.mq4  5 kb
mama.gif  18 kb

bbjurek

This one was a "head scratchier" I am afraid that the #mama indicator is having errors. Errors consist of 3 types :
1 - a simple coding error in this part (line 112)
Smooth[7]=Smooth[5];Smooth[6]=Smooth[5];Smooth[5]=Smooth[4];Smooth[4]=Smooth[3];Smooth[3]=Smooth[2];Smooth[2]=Smooth[1];
the 5 colored in red is wrong. I suspect that there are similar errors but was not looking further in the code 2 - the way it is written it is causing an error like on the picture (that error will happen on every new tick and is a consequence of similar error like error 1)
3 - in converting original Tradestation code (attached the document with a description and the original tradestation code) to Metatrader code whoever converted the code did not pay attention that Tradestation trigonometrical functions are working in degrees and Metarader functions work in radians, hence the results is completely wrong (compared to Tradestation original too) mama should look like this :
And with the error of not correcting radians to degrees the author actually got very close to a simple exponential moving average (here is a comparison of EMA 9 and the wrongly coded MAMA - black line is EMA 9)
you can "provoke" that error in the code I am attaching here to by simply replacing line 84 from :
double rad2degree = 180.0/Pi;

to

double rad2degree = 1;

and you will get that wrong calculation of mama
So much for now (so just a correct mama indicator this time). Check if this is what you are expecting from the mama indicator (since the "#mama" is closest to combination of EMA4 with EMA9 of median price - and not to a mama indicator) and let me know

regards

Mladen

bbjurek:
Dear Mladen,

can You make this MTF_#MAMA_2.1 in separate window and add arrows on alarm? Maybe any small smooting is possible too?

thanks,

bbjurek

Thank You Mladen for your explanation.

bbjurek

mladen:
bbjurek Check if this is what you are expecting from the mama indicator (since the "#mama" is closest to combination of EMA4 with EMA9 of median price - and not to a mama indicator) and let me know

Yes Mladen, this EMA4 and EMA9 and very similar to MAMA. Can You in this case, make this two awerages in separate indicator window (in histogram apperance) and arrows on cross?

bbjurek

mladen:
Halvard

Here you go

It has additional zero line cross alert too

regards

Mladen

Hi Mladen!

It dont seems like the zerro alert it working? can you please check it?

Halvard

Reason: