Requests & Ideas - page 27

mladen:
Halvard

This is more or less what you described (without the exits) and it is showing how many of the conditions you described are fulfilled

But please check it out. When all the conditions you described are met then values shown by this indicator are either +4 (for longs) or -4 (for shorts). Will try to revise the whole thing, but ... Let me know if that is what you had in mind.
regards Mladen

It seems like its working, but is it possible to smooth it and make alert?

Thanks for all the help Maden, I really appreciate it

Halvard

Halvard

Try this one out. It is smoothed in all cases except when it reaches minimum or maximum (so it can show when all the conditions are met) Alerts are added too. Here is the non-smoothed and the smoothed comparison : peaks when they are all aligned are at exactly the same place
regards

Mladen

Files:

mladen:
Halvard Try this one out. It is smoothed in all cases except when it reaches minimum or maximum (so it can show when all the conditions are met) Alerts are added too. Here is the non-smoothed and the smoothed comparison : peaks when they are all aligned are at exactly the same place
regards Mladen

Its working GREAT now, thank you so much

Have a great evening!

Regards

Halvard

mladen:
Halvard Try this one out. It is smoothed in all cases except when it reaches minimum or maximum (so it can show when all the conditions are met) Alerts are added too. Here is the non-smoothed and the smoothed comparison : peaks when they are all aligned are at exactly the same place
regards Mladen
halvardu:
Its working GREAT now, thank you so much

Have a great evening!

Regards

Halvard

Hi again Mladen :-).

Is it possible that you can make a alert when it crosses the zerro line to? just as an option.

Regards

Halvard

halvardu:

Is it possible that you can make a alert when it crosses the zerro line to? just as an option.

Regards

Halvard

Can you please make this Mladen?? The signals is wery accurate on the 4H chart :-))

Thanks i advance

Halvard

adeo:
I had downloaded it intending to read it, as I am just now. And, I'm sure I will find it interesting. Early in the article, I've come across this tidbit with which I totally agree and reinforces my earlier observation,

"To do this, the main tools of any system developer are good historical data and software with which to analyse it."

However, the next sentence reads, "There are a number of excellent sources of data and software, readily available now."

Trouble is, I cannot seem to find that data - even though I'm happy to pay (a perhaps modest sum) for it. There are many places that claim to have the data - and I've been through several of them without success.

Looks like I'm the only one with data history trouble.

In the event someone else comes along looking for history help, I did manage to find these links very helpful. I was able to get a good history for all pairs in all timeframes using this approach. I have no commercial ties to or knowledge of the data source. It was $135 for all forex symbols.

FOREX Historical Data, Major Indices and Futures Historical Intraday and Daily Market Data - Through Download and on DVDs/CDs.

I also found this indicator / script helpful...

Period Converter Optimized - MQL4 Code Base

Halvard

Here you go It has additional zero line cross alert too

regards

Mladen

halvardu:

Regards

Halvard
Files:

mladen:
Halvard

Here you go

It has additional zero line cross alert too

regards

Mladen

Thank you soooo much Mladen :-).

Have a great weekend!!

Regards

Halvard

Regression and deviation

Hello Mladen:

Any chance of crafting this approach in your usual, elegant manner?

I suppose many would use this with the host symbol as the input; but, could you also include an extern switch that would allow the use of another indicator input (e.g., one value from the vortex)?

Or, perhaps craft it general in nature and allow the user to supply the symbol or indicator name, as well as the timeframe, as the case may be.

Would you also include a multi-timeframe version as well?

adeo, this is the first step to it

It is rewritten much simpler, no objects usage (so more than one can work easily on a same chart), cleaned up and ready for any other value to use (all it takes to make it calculate value of some other indicator for example is to change line 91 from this :
prices = iMA(NULL,0,1,0,MODE_SMA,Price,i);[/php]to something like this : [php]prices = iCustom(NULL,0,"indicator to use",0,i);

and it will do the whole calculation on that new value.

Will make the mtf version a bit later PS: I have noticed that there are slight differences in values : as far as I see the problem is laying in the linear regression calculation itself. The way it is calculated in this is 100% exact (it was checked and rechecked a lot of times and it is correct) so this one corrects those slight deviations from correct calculation too (differences are marginal in most cases but they do exist)
regards

Mladen

adeo:
Hello Mladen:

Any chance of crafting this approach in your usual, elegant manner?

I suppose many would use this with the host symbol as the input; but, could you also include an extern switch that would allow the use of another indicator input (e.g., one value from the vortex)?

Or, perhaps craft it general in nature and allow the user to supply the symbol or indicator name, as well as the timeframe, as the case may be.

Would you also include a multi-timeframe version as well?
Reason: