Ocean theory based indicators

In this thread Jim Sloman's "Ocean theory" based indicators will be posted.

PS: this thread (as it stands right now) will have about 60 indicators posted here (metatrader 4 + metatrader 5 versions) Metatrader 4 versions are completed, but because I would like to post immediately it's metatrader 5 counter parts and descriptions that are a bit more usable, it takes some more time. Also, as I go along, some completely new ones are going to be posted. In order to know if there is an ongoing coding going on that will change the number of states I will always mark it on this post.

So the current state is : new code is in a process of preparing and will be posted as soon as possible

PS : a PS that I think needs to be added.

The whole thing with ocean indicators and me started from here :https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178525 At that moment my information as of what are they it and how do they work were superficial. I did take some part in the indicators posted there but, later, found out that those are simply not what ocean indicators are. And then I started to code these. So do not be confused - these are what ocean indicators are and should be

Files:
ocn_-_ndx_4.gif  14 kb
ocn_ndx.mq4  6 kb

Files:
ocn_-_nst_4.gif  15 kb
ocn_nst.mq4  5 kb

Files:
ocn_-_nxc_4.gif  15 kb
ocn_nxc.mq4  7 kb

OCean nst indicator - metatrader 5 version

Ocean nst indicator - metatrader 5 version

Difference in parameters (same as for ndx, but in order to keep it clear, posting it here too):
over bought color -> starting color used for gradient filling and an indicator that overbought conditions are met

over sold color -> ending color used for gradient filling and an indicator that oversold conditions are met

color steps for drawing -> number of steps to use for gradient drawing

If you want to turn the gradient coloring off you can do it in one of the following ways:
  1. set the number of steps to 1 (in which case just the starting color will be used)
  2. or use same starting (over bought) and ending (over sold) color
Files:

Ocean ndx indicator - metatrader 5 version

Ocean ndx indicator - metatrader 5 version

Difference in parameters :
over bought color -> starting color used for gradient filling and an indicator that overbought conditions are met

over sold color -> ending color used for gradient filling and an indicator that oversold conditions are met

If you want to turn the gradient coloring off you can do it in one of the following ways:
  1. set the number of steps to 1 (in which case just the starting color will be used)
Files:

Ocean nxc indicator - metatrader 5 version

Ocean nxc indicator - metatrader 5 version

Difference in parameters - (same as for ndx and nst, but in order to keep it clear, posting it here too):

Files:

Natural moving average - metatrader 5 version

Natural moving average - metatrader 5 version

Difference in parameters : there is no difference in parameters. The only difference comes from a fact that in metatrader 5it is possible to place "descriptive labels" to parameters so the "pain in the a..." job we had before in remembering what does some cryptic name of some parameter mean is simply obsolete.

Files:

Natural moving average + bands metatrader 5 version

Natural moving average + standard deviation bands metatrader 5 version

Difference in parameters : there is no difference in parameters compared to it's metatrader 4 counterpart.

Smoothed natural moving average + bands

Smoothed natural moving average + standard deviation bands metatrader 5 version

Difference in parameters : there is no difference in parameters compared to it's metatrader 4 counterpart.

Natural movin average smooth - metatrader 5 version

Natural moving average smooth - metatrader 5 version

Difference in parameters : there is no difference in parameters.

Reason: