TickScalper EA - page 49

Jack as per your PM here some trades using ts mode8.Know on the comments it says 3.44 but it is 3.45 just forgot to change that, but will once the other stuff is done.

Files:
gbpjpy.gif  25 kb
gbpusd.gif  30 kb
usdjpy.gif  23 kb

oh so my tsmode was 9 but mcmode was 8 and it wasn't trading. so which of these does the ea use if both are set or does it just not work?

jackjones:
oh so my tsmode was 9 but mcmode was 8 and it wasn't trading. so which of these does the ea use if both are set or does it just not work?

This is MC Mode 8

if(mode==8 && ok && ok1)

{

up = iBands(NULL,tf,slow,1,0,price,MODE_UPPER,0);

dn = iBands(NULL,tf,slow,1,0,price,MODE_LOWER,0);

double AO = iAO(NULL, tf, bar);

double AO1 = iAO(NULL, tf, bar+1);

if (mfastMA > mslowMA && mslowMA > mconfMA1 && mconfMA1 > mconfMA2 && mClose AO1) result = mode;

if (mfastMA < mslowMA && mslowMA < mconfMA1 && mconfMA1 dn && AO < AO1) result = -mode;

This is TS Mode 9

if(mode == 9 && ok && ok1)

{

if (iCustom(NULL,macdtf,"averages MACD",Price,FastPeriod,SlowPeriod,SignalPeriod,Method,true,4,1) > iCustom(NULL,macdtf,"averages MACD",Price,FastPeriod,SlowPeriod,SignalPeriod,Method,true,5,1)

&& (tClose > fastMA && fastMA > slowMA && slowMA > confMA1 && confMA1 > confMA2)) result = mode;

if (iCustom(NULL,macdtf,"averages MACD",Price,FastPeriod,SlowPeriod,SignalPeriod,Method,true,4,1) < iCustom(NULL,macdtf,"averages MACD",Price,FastPeriod,SlowPeriod,SignalPeriod,Method,true,5,1)

&& (tClose < fastMA && fastMA < slowMA && slowMA < confMA1 && confMA1 < confMA2)) result = -mode;

}

The ok and ok1 are also more ma confirmations so both together the MC Mode 8 and TS Mode 9 very heavily filtered and the Ea will not trade much, if at all this was why i said to pick one or the other in this case.

The Equity trailing works but would recommend using separate magic number for each pair Ea is traded on, later will install an automatic magic number generator, will make this much easier, also try to figure out each mode and install explanations in Ea somehow, so it will be easier to understand each mode and what it is using. Now to get some sleep.

Thanks for the code some issues maybe:

1)I could not get it to trade 24 hours a day not only during day time. I have entered various values but it still displays Not Trade Time. Mistake working mixup 23:59 with 24:59.

2) The exit strategy to salvage martingale is ok but in case all pairs have no profit you are stuck. Could it be fixed with Non correlated pairs? It could also trade 24/7 lets make a list of pairs.

Basically loss in the set of trades which are in martingale pair. But fast recovery of profit due to other pair gain and maybe smooth profit curve.

Second if other pairs are in profit then MaxOrder 4 is like a stop order. We lost these set of trades which are in martingale. But we are in profit.

Third if it is the only pair then it will exit in breakeven these set of martingale trades.

I do not know which is best but maybe more optimized is to breakeven the orders that are on martingale and use this set of trades to break even. Case market is not working in our favour to give it one more mart gale step to break even and not profit. Same logic as martingale but with a BreakEvenAfterMaxMartingale instead of ProfiTarget.

I am testing also same pair two instances one long and one short to see how it will works.

Some thoughts to make it more profitable, suggestions...

NC

So what is the TS and MC mode 'sweet spot'... I turned mc mode off and its trading like a mad man and was lucky to escape. But to tame it with what. This is what I'm looking at.

My live is back and working and nearly 10% for two weeks of actual trading on eur/gbp. the account is smallish and i'm changing settings on the run as I have the ea demoing on other pairs in other modes and monitoring those to see if I can get pair that will trade well. Problem is finding a pair with a favorable spread. oanda is 1.2-2 on e/g which is good, other non majors have too big a spread for scalping in my opinion. As i say above I'm mainly looking for a setting that will get this scalping on e/u 0.8-1 pip spread.

Super7 System | Myfxbook - tickscaler ea

it's actually occasionally starting doubling the buy lot every now and then when it hasn't in the past , which makes me wonder. it's not set to martingale

Another update and like usual not sure how it will work out, what is different is a more extensive time filter, added the auto magic number function, along with a manual magic number function, think the auto magic may be key with the equity trailing, but remains to be seen.

Files:

Dear jackjones,

Hope you find the 'sweet spot' and tell us also. The supesafemode uses ExitMode 12 which is martingale and in this version after MaxOrder = 4 will try to exit at the first instance of break even. You use ExitMode 10 if I remeber correctly so you will have to edit properties.

Question to mrtools what will happen if market goes agains us after MaxOrders and does not retrace in our favor. Will there be a SL or margin call? The propability for this to occour is slim or not? 4 x 55 MGstep = 220 pips with no retrace to break even? For sure this version is better compare to the previous one 3.44.

Could get help from traiding other pairs with opposite correlation like USDJPY, USDCHF or other provided they are not also in matringale DD mode. Any ideas?

How about if we run this ea long and short on the same pairs?

With out martingale what is the best ExitMode? jackjones uses 10 others?

thanks

nc!

jackjones:
So what is the TS and MC mode 'sweet spot'... I turned mc mode off and its trading like a mad man and was lucky to escape. But to tame it with what. This is what I'm looking at.

My live is back and working and nearly 10% for two weeks of actual trading on eur/gbp. the account is smallish and i'm changing settings on the run as I have the ea demoing on other pairs in other modes and monitoring those to see if I can get pair that will trade well. Problem is finding a pair with a favorable spread. oanda is 1.2-2 on e/g which is good, other non majors have too big a spread for scalping in my opinion. As i say above I'm mainly looking for a setting that will get this scalping on e/u 0.8-1 pip spread.

Super7 System | Myfxbook - tickscaler ea

it's actually occasionally starting doubling the buy lot every now and then when it hasn't in the past , which makes me wonder. it's not set to martingale

nc!:
Question to mrtools what will happen if market goes agains us after MaxOrders and does not retrace in our favor. Will there be a SL or margin call? The propability for this to occour is slim or not? 4 x 55 MGstep = 220 pips with no retrace to break even? For sure this version is better compare to the previous one 3.44.

Could get help from traiding other pairs with opposite correlation like USDJPY, USDCHF or other provided they are not also in matringale DD mode. Any ideas?

How about if we run this ea long and short on the same pairs?

With out martingale what is the best ExitMode? jackjones uses 10 others?

thanks

nc!

Hi Nic,

Just taking baby steps, and i am testing,watching,reading peoples suggestions,and considering how to add them, and please remember this wasn't built by me i am just trying to make it a little better.This is why only demo trade this until your sure about it, then try on very small real account, but far as i'm concerned its still in development stage.

jackjones:

Hi Jackjones,

Can you show your settings please, before i start wondering ?

Well I am trying to slow the live one down a bit as personally I would rather it get it right (scalp on trend) rather than trade so often like the other settings let it do.

Can you tell me which condition this line is looking for on the macd

if (iCustom(NULL,macdtf,"averages MACD",Price,FastPeriod,SlowPeriod,SignalPeriod,Method,true,4,1) > iCustom(NULL,macdtf,"averages MACD",Price,FastPeriod,SlowPeriod,SignalPeriod,Method,true,5,1)) result = mode;

so which part of macd is 4 and which is 5? if I wanted it to only go long when the signal period is positive and greater than the previous what would that look like?

sorry for the trader noob questions

Reason: