TickScalper EA - page 2

loading indicators

I did notice on frid eve a big drain on computer do we need to load indis on charts

I do not think that it is necessary to load indicators on the chart.

I am attaching it because of the following:

- to check the spread (by spreadometer indicator);

- indicators can not be backtested because it is tick indicators. So, if we want to check the enter - indicators should be attached to the chart.

Because indicators are working in real time only.

It is better to keep it on the chart.

Thanks Igorad

very interesting EA, it is not often we see tick trading in MT4.

I have the following suggestions for improvement, but of course I don't know if they will work! - but this is what I think, note that these are for tick trading only, not for the higher TFs:

1. Trade on the cross of the fast MAs as seen in the 1st image middle in TickSmoother window (perhaps we need to reduce their period a bit to make them more responsive, but this is for testing). Trade in the direction of the main trend as seen in yellow or blue MA in top graph.

2. Keep SL small, of similar size to TP, to avoid the large DD that newdigital observed at times.

3. TP and SL will be determined based on current volatility at tick level - for this we need a tick based volatility indicator, something like ATR or StdDev but for ticks, or at least average size of last few "tick candles" - dont know if we have it already. So TP and SL will be certain multiple of this indicator reading.

4. The same volatility indicator of (3) above will be used to block entries to trade i.e. we dont want to enter when vol is too low cause then we get killed by the spread.

5. Probably best pair in this case will be EURUSD because of low spread.

6. Additional exit condition is opposite cross of the MA signals; also when volatility drops too low and we already have open trade profit >= 0, close trade.

7. Optionally, to gain performance, replace iCustom calls with code inside EA, but this is not so important, just because we are trading ticks speed is nice to have.

8. Might be worth going below 10 sec because sometimes ticks jump quite fast.

Let me know what you think, should be easy to make a mod for these conditions, only the vol indicator might be a bit harder I guess.

Thank you Igorad for this EA and thank you NewDigital for your help

Hi

No any trade open IBFX demo EU 1min chart using template 2

Thanks

No trades yet...?

Quick question,

I'm using NewDigitals template 2 default settings, however, I've started this last Friday, and there still hasn't been any trades yet. I'm using EUR/USD in M1 time frame just like you said, but nothing's happening. Is there something not set up right or is there something I'm not doing right? Is that normal not to have a trade for a day or two or sometimes longer? Thank you!

-Dave

P.S.- I'm live trading this, not demo.

No trades for me either newdigital can u fix template 2 ? thanks

No trade for template 1 today (EURUSD and GBPUSD).

It was 4 trades for template 2 (EURUSD, Alpari broker):

And I am testing template 3 with EURJPY, EURGBP and USDCAD.

It is the statement for today for this template 3 (attached):

Broker times...?

Didn't have any trades like you did for template 2 and mine should have been very similar My brokers time is GMT + 2 which is 8 hours ahead (Republic of Mauritius) of me here in the states, perhaps the time stamps were off. Should I change the time in the EA for to offset the time with my broker?

P.S.- Never mind- I somehow had the EA set on short only- my bad. Change back to long & short. Will see how this goes

Template 2 is Alpari and Alpari is on GMT + 1 now.

So, for GMT + 2 broker (LiteForex ?) - it can be 9 - 19.

For example:

M1 candle right now

- 19:44 Alpari time (GMT + 1)

- 20:44 LiteForex time (GMT +2).

Just same candle.

It means - if 8 - 18 Alpari time so it can be 9 - 19 LiteForex time for same bars, right?

Reason: