TickScalper EA

+ New Comment
challenger78
Private message

Thanks Igorad

very interesting EA, it is not often we see tick trading in MT4.

I have the following suggestions for improvement, but of course I don't know if they will work! - but this is what I think, note that these are for tick trading only, not for the higher TFs:

1. Trade on the cross of the fast MAs as seen in the 1st image middle in TickSmoother window (perhaps we need to reduce their period a bit to make them more responsive, but this is for testing). Trade in the direction of the main trend as seen in yellow or blue MA in top graph.

2. Keep SL small, of similar size to TP, to avoid the large DD that newdigital observed at times.

3. TP and SL will be determined based on current volatility at tick level - for this we need a tick based volatility indicator, something like ATR or StdDev but for ticks, or at least average size of last few "tick candles" - dont know if we have it already. So TP and SL will be certain multiple of this indicator reading.

4. The same volatility indicator of (3) above will be used to block entries to trade i.e. we dont want to enter when vol is too low cause then we get killed by the spread.

5. Probably best pair in this case will be EURUSD because of low spread.

6. Additional exit condition is opposite cross of the MA signals; also when volatility drops too low and we already have open trade profit >= 0, close trade.

7. Optionally, to gain performance, replace iCustom calls with code inside EA, but this is not so important, just because we are trading ticks speed is nice to have.

8. Might be worth going below 10 sec because sometimes ticks jump quite fast.

Let me know what you think, should be easy to make a mod for these conditions, only the vol indicator might be a bit harder I guess.

Dave1974
Private message

Thank you Igorad for this EA and thank you NewDigital for your help

best2004
Private message

Hi

No any trade open IBFX demo EU 1min chart using template 2

Thanks

Dave1974
Private message

No trades yet...?

Quick question,

I'm using NewDigitals template 2 default settings, however, I've started this last Friday, and there still hasn't been any trades yet. I'm using EUR/USD in M1 time frame just like you said, but nothing's happening. Is there something not set up right or is there something I'm not doing right? Is that normal not to have a trade for a day or two or sometimes longer? Thank you!

-Dave

P.S.- I'm live trading this, not demo.

sillykiddo
Private message

No trades for me either newdigital can u fix template 2 ? thanks

newdigital
Private message

No trade for template 1 today (EURUSD and GBPUSD).

It was 4 trades for template 2 (EURUSD, Alpari broker):

And I am testing template 3 with EURJPY, EURGBP and USDCAD.

It is the statement for today for this template 3 (attached):

Dave1974
Private message

Broker times...?

Didn't have any trades like you did for template 2 and mine should have been very similar My brokers time is GMT + 2 which is 8 hours ahead (Republic of Mauritius) of me here in the states, perhaps the time stamps were off. Should I change the time in the EA for to offset the time with my broker?

P.S.- Never mind- I somehow had the EA set on short only- my bad. Change back to long & short. Will see how this goes

newdigital
Private message

Template 2 is Alpari and Alpari is on GMT + 1 now.

So, for GMT + 2 broker (LiteForex ?) - it can be 9 - 19.

For example:

M1 candle right now

- 19:44 Alpari time (GMT + 1)

- 20:44 LiteForex time (GMT +2).

Just same candle.

It means - if 8 - 18 Alpari time so it can be 9 - 19 LiteForex time for same bars, right?

Dave1974
Private message
newdigital:
Template 2 is Alpari and Alpari is on GMT + 1 now.

So, for GMT + 2 broker (LiteForex ?) - it can be 9 - 19.

For example:

M1 candle right now

- 19:44 Alpari time (GMT + 1)

- 20:44 LiteForex time (GMT +2).

Just same candle.

It means - if 8 - 18 Alpari time so it can be 9 - 19 LiteForex time for same bars, right?

It's FXOpen, but yeah, that would make sense! Thanks for the time frame bumps! I'll see how this works into the equation...

yamaichi
Private message

I've been looking for this kind of scal_EA.

Thanks igorad and NewDigital.

I am testing template2,because may account is very small

today.i had 3trades in eur/usd and all positive.(AlpariUK)

my lot size is 0.02,so i got 0.54. 0.22, 0.20...

it's a very small profit,but now it's enough for me!

regards.

sorry for my english.

sillykiddo
Private message

This is the first trade EA took today

anyone kind enough to tell the manual system of this system how to use the tick window .. if i decided to trade manually

also does it use big SL?

newdigital
Private message
sillykiddo:

anyone kind enough to tell the manual system of this system how to use the tick window .. if i decided to trade manually

also does it use big SL?

If you want to trade it manually so no need to have big stop loss.

Because in EA: you can select MAs as for M15 timeframe, or for H4 timeframe, or for any timeframe.

But if you use M1 timeframe and MAs (crossing for enter/exit) will be on the same M1 timeframe so you will have very small stop loss value.

It is just a settings of the EA.

newdigital
Private message

It was difficult day yesterday for this EA:

1. Template 1 - no trades.

2. Template 2: it was 1 stop loss for EURUSD:

3. Template - it was 1 stop loss but EA recovered this loss very quickly in the same day:

That's all news.

sillykiddo
Private message

what is the Template 2 EA SL my one says 100 pips thats dagerous.. how can i fix that? based on M15 MA?

newdigital
Private message

Just change in the settings of the EA (StopLoss and MAs confirmation parameters as MC_Timeframe 15).

But I am not sure that it will be profitable with changes.

It is the system itself converted to the EA.

It was the idea of this manual system generally.

Read first page of this thread.