One more average ... - page 8

mladen:
Here is the interpolated version too This one has one extra parameter :
InterpolateColors
if set to false colors are not going to be interpolated (like the upper macd on the picture)

if set to true, colors too will be interpolated (like the lower one - the "notches" in colors are color interpolation)

The rest of parameters are standard ones. The one extra buffer (and extra drawing line) was needed to outline true MACD values in the case when color interpolation is required (otherwise, those would not be just "notches" but holes too ) hence the overall look of the indicator is changed a bit

Mladen, or Mr Tools,

Happy New Year!

I am wondering if one of you could add a signal line to the indicator "Oma macd 4 color mtf interpolated". Like the other indicator "One more average MACD". I have attached both below. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Gorick

gorick:
Mladen, or Mr Tools,

Happy New Year!

I am wondering if one of you could add a signal line to the indicator "Oma macd 4 color mtf interpolated". Like the other indicator "One more average MACD". I have attached both below. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Gorick

Mladen, Mr Tools,

It would also be great to have a version of one of the above with the fast being a "jurik filter simple", as this has a really great smoothing effect using large lengths.

Regards

gorick

mrtools:
Hi Gorick,

Check out this one, just using oma, looks very smooth and fast, especially on multitimeframe, also added alerts on slope or zero line cross and arrows the same way.

oma_macd_mtfalertsarrows.mq4

Mr Tools,

Brilliant job as usual. Thank you very much.

mrtools:
Hi Gorick,

Check out this one, just using oma, looks very smooth and fast, especially on multitimeframe, also added alerts on slope or zero line cross and arrows the same way.

oma_macd_mtfalertsarrows.mq4

Mr Tools,

I was wondering if we could have a version of the indicator "One more average MACD", attached, with 3 signal lines? I am experimenting with longer periods in the hundreds and thousands and think that this may be useful to give an early signal, confirmation and exit strategy.

Regards

gorick

mladen:
mindsalike,

Here it is. Added the rest of the alerts too so you can choose which ones would you like

regards

mladen

Hi Mladen, I didn't see any version of this in mtf, can you come up with one or am I not looking for it in the right forum? Thank you.

mladen:
I hope I got right what are you referring to This is a one more average smoothed Heiken ashi with alerts made to be multi time frame

Thank you Mladen! I would like to know your views regarding OMA and Jurik in terms of accuracy. Was reading your findings about OMA having less overshoot than Jurik...

Both hav their pros.

But first about "Jurik": what we have here is better than the original (response in the times of sudden price changes is better than the original Jurik - I think I wrote a post about how it was done (the improvement) so I rather call it simply "smooth" since the original calculation is changed by a lot). It is very good at very sharp value changes and in that part is better than OMA

OMA on the other hand is so adaptive that it is like a chameleon - it can act like almost all averages I have ever seen. At the times of very sharp changes of value it is a bit smoother than the "Jurik" but it does not overshoot, so even in those times it tends to be a bit more of use.

The rest is simply a matter or preferences and needs - for some things I prefer OMA, for some "smooth", but you can not be too wrong with either of it

rayphua:
Thank you Mladen! I would like to know your views regarding OMA and Jurik in terms of accuracy. Was reading your findings about OMA having less overshoot than Jurik...

mladen:
Both hav their pros.

But first about "Jurik": what we have here is better than the original (response in the times of sudden price changes is better than the original Jurik - I think I wrote a post about how it was done (the improvement) so I rather call it simply "smooth" since the original calculation is changed by a lot). It is very good at very sharp value changes and in that part is better than OMA

OMA on the other hand is so adaptive that it is like a chameleon - it can act like almost all averages I have ever seen. At the times of very sharp changes of value it is a bit smoother than the "Jurik" but it does not overshoot, so even in those times it tends to be a bit more of use.

The rest is simply a matter or preferences and needs - for some things I prefer OMA, for some "smooth", but you can not be too wrong with either of it

Thanks for your opinion, it helps. Cheers.

Hey Mladen,

Can you create a histogram version of the OMA in multitimeframe?

Further, on page one, I see you have ATR bands for OMA, will you also alter that to be in multitimeframe?

Please help, thank you!

rayphua:
Hey Mladen,

Can you create a histogram version of the OMA in multitimeframe?

Further, on page one, I see you have ATR bands for OMA, will you also alter that to be in multitimeframe?

Please help, thank you!

Hi,

Here's OMA ATR Bands non lag MTF + arrows, it was already posted somewhere on this forum, I modded looks a bit as well as shortname in indicator window. See screenshot below.

Regarding a histogram version of OMA, how would that look like? What's your objective?

Do you want to show distance between price and OMA perhaps?

Cheers, Snow

Reason: