One more average ... - page 4

Simply wonderful !

Good evening, Mladen!

My cordial appreciation for your GREAT CONTRIBUTIONthroughout the threads of TSD!!! A lot of thanks for this extraordinary job, especially ! Best regards and green pips, Mikhael.

Dear Mladen

Could you please make the Hilo jurik smooth indi in a separate chart, with bar?

I tried making it myself by putting SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_HISTOGRAM,0,2);

It achieved the bar in separate chart, but i think it is repainting on last bar.

Could you please help me?

and another question, if I put smoothphase to be really large (4000), it looks better. Is there any bad side effect from this?

Thanks alot for sharing this wonderful indi

yuhu,

First about the phase : in Jurik's smoothing phase 100 is the one with most "overshooting" and phase "-100" is the one with lest "overshooting". (the indicator itself ignores values greater than 100 and less than -100, that is why I am talking about 100 and -100) So with +100 you might get some more signals (due to "faster" movements the averages do). The "ignore part" is a bit hidden in the code ( this is the line that does it :
double R = MathMax(MathMin(phase,100),-100)/100.0 + 1.5;
that is why it is not so obvious Second : I am not sure if this is what you were trying to achieve, but here is one version as bars in a separate window. Let me know if this is what you wanted. You are right about the repainting if you covert the one that draws lines. It is due to what needs to be done when drawing a non-repainting color line : one extra point needs to be added in order to draw the beginning of the line (metatrader needs at least two points for that) and that is why when you converted it to bars, you got one extra bar that does not need to be there at all when done as bars
regards

Mladen

Dearest Mladen

It is exactly what I am looking for!.

Thank you very very much for your explanation and help.

Looking forward to the OMA version of it.

Have a nice day!!!

Mladen,

Could you please advise how to put these indicators in 2 separate windows, one below the other?

Thanks, Janusz

mladen:
Using low lag averages (smoothers) to correct some of the indicators problems

Some normally very useful indicators like RSX, due to the nature of their calculation, tend to narrow ("flatten") the range they are showing if their periods are widened. In the case of RSX (as well as its predecessor RSI) are tending to center values of 50 as the periods are growing. Here is an example (RSX in this case, but keep in mind that RSX is a smoothed RSI)
That is the reason why any serious study is recommending NOT to use periods larger than 10 for RSI (and RSX implicitly) Well, here is one solution that adds no lag to it and corrects that "flattening" problem : instead of using a raw price using a low lag smoothers like one more average. And, see the results :
RSX on OMA :

and RSX on Jurik smooth

As you can see, the crosses are on the same place, but the ranges are dramatically enhanced (to the level that one can almost use the classical 20-80 levels for signals too)

I am including a version that uses Jurik smoothing too (as a comparison, default parameters are set to have the values as similar as possible) I know that it sounds like preaching, but even in this case it is clear that OMA is not lagging behind Jurik smooth (in some cases, quite the opposite) but for the sake of fair comparison I decided to include the both versions.

PS: a little advice - the longer the RSX period the longer the smoothing period should be. But do not "oversmooth" : We still need those crosses as early as we can get them. I used smoothing length of 10 for RSX 50, for example

Janusz

I am not sure if I understand the question correctly. If you mean like these on the first picture, than simply double click each, set the parameters, and they will be active on the chart
If you mean one over the other (like this), then after placing the first drag the second to the target sub-window
regards

mladen

I meant the top one. That was a quick answer. Thanks. Janusz

mladen:
Janusz I am not sure if I understand the question correctly. If you mean like these on the first picture, than simply double click each, set the parameters, and they will be active on the chart
If you mean one over the other (like this), then after placing the first drag the second to the target sub-window
regards mladen

Can someone make a MTF version of Guppy OMA Oscillator and add three alert options that alerts on close when the fast and slow cross each other and when they cross zero?

thanks,

jim

Files:

thanks a lot mladen.............

jim

mladen,

I was testing Guppy OMA Oscillator alerts MTF and I was getting alerts every few seconds even though the alertoncurrent is set to false.

Here are my settings:

Current TF

alerton - true

alertoncurrent - false

alertonlinecross - true

alertmessage - true

The rest of the alerts are false.

Could you take a look at the indicator?

Thanks,

Jim

Reason: