TMA&Cycles - page 7

Chris

Might want to try Igorads Corona Dashboard makes it easier for me, is multitimeframe so for instance on your h4 chart just change dashboard to 1440 to get cycle period for daily.Testing another system with TMA Cycles for confirmation so please excuse all the indicators hopefully will eliminate the ones not using, now looking like flower power

Files:
cdb.gif  63 kb

Right settings

chris1010:
Simba,

Hi. I re-read the first three posts of this thread and answered the questions I asked in my last posts. Sorry for my asking questions that were already answered in this great thread.

I am not sure if I have the correct settings for this USDJPY 4hr chart. I have posted the chart. The fit of the outer bands doesn't look right to me, but maybe I am mistaken.

Inner Bands

Corona Cycle Dominant: 26 periods

TMA Half Length: 13

ATR Multiplier: 2

Outer Bands(Daily)

Corona Cycle Dominant: 78 periods(26x6=156)(156/2=78)

TMA Half Length: 39

ATR Multiplier: 5

Another question is do I need to check the Corona Cycle Period daily for the dominant cycle and change the TMA settings accordingly?

Thank you.

Chris

Chris,

Np,and thanks for your kind comments.

Basically your settings are right...you could prove to modify the Daily ATR multiplier from 5 to 4 and see if that provides a better fit.

I modify the H4 and D1 settings,everyday,based on new cycle information,and,if there is a strong change in H1 cycle periodicity ,or I want to confirm an entry,I modify the h1 settings every hour...

Regards

S

I agree

zipfrog:
Hi Simba,

Love this thread, have been using the TMA cycles for a few weeks now and doing well with it. Thanks for the great explanations on how to use them in this thread too. Was wondering if anyone could add an alert to the TMA's to give an audio alert when a TMA gets violated?

I have been using the TMA's along with 2-5 pip renko bars (depending on market volatility) on the 5 min chart for both eurusd and gbpusd with great success. I will post a pic of my set-up here. Would love an alert to let me know when the outer TMA gets broken as I have been using this along with a few indies as filters to catch trend reversals and pullbacks.

Regards,

Zipfrog

ZipFrog

I agree with you that an alert for TMA bands penetration would be a very good idea,I don`t know if mladen will have enough time for doing so...Let`s see if he can agree with your proposal...I would add another condition..alert1=Band penetrated...alert2=band penetrated at bar CLOSE...

Thanks for your kind comments and regards.

S

TMA with alerts anyone?

Hi Simba,

Love this thread, have been using the TMA cycles for a few weeks now and doing well with it. Thanks for the great explanations on how to use them in this thread too. Was wondering if anyone could add an alert to the TMA's to give an audio alert when a TMA gets violated?

I have been using the TMA's along with 2-5 pip renko bars (depending on market volatility) on the 2 min offline chart for both eurusd and gbpusd with great success. I will post a pic of my set-up here. Would love an alert to let me know when the outer TMA gets broken as I have been using this along with a few indies as filters to catch trend reversals and pullbacks.

Regards,

Zipfrog

Files:

SIMBA:
ZipFrog

I agree with you that an alert for TMA bands penetration would be a very good idea,I don`t know if mladen will have enough time for doing so...Let`s see if he can agree with your proposal...I would add another condition..alert1=Band penetrated...alert2=band penetrated at bar CLOSE...

Thanks for your kind comments and regards.

S

Hi

Simba

it looks very great but could u please post the indicator along with template for lower tf like 5m and 15m also 1 hour i'm new to this so please help me out. Also i have bought the constant range bar and renko from the mql guy.. a help would be greatful

thanks

Alerts added to the version from the first post of this thread

Additional parameters :
alertsOn- > alerts main switch

alertsOnCurrent-> alerts on current ( opened ) or previous ( closed ) bar

alertsOnHighLow-> alert when high penetrates upper band and low penetrates lower band or use close price for that purpose

alertsMessage-> show the alert message or on

alertsSound-> play a sound on alert or not

alertsEmail-> send an email when alert or not

mladen:
Alerts added to the version from the first post of this thread Additional parameters :

alertsOnHighLow-> alert when high penetrates upper band and low penetrates lower band or use close price for that purpose

Thank you Mladen

help&thanks

sillykiddo:
Hi

Simba

it looks very great but could u please post the indicator along with template for lower tf like 5m and 15m also 1 hour i'm new to this so please help me out. Also i have bought the constant range bar and renko from the mql guy.. a help would be greatful

thanks
mladen:
Alerts added to the version from the first post of this thread Additional parameters :

mladen

Thanks a lot for your mod with alerts.

sillykiddo

The indicators are all at the first posts of this thread,so,you can donwload them from those posts.

I don`t trade below h1,unless I am scalping,which is a totally unrelated technique to TMA BANDS...And,if you are a newbie I suggest to test in demo my previously posted settings for h4,h1...CRBs,etc....and to avoid like the pest the lower timeframes in real trading.

In any case,on Monday I will try to post a template that you can use on m5 DEMO,by combining several timeframes.

Monday to Wednesday I expect very good entries on several pairs,so,next week,I will keep posting a few more trades using CRBs and higher timeframes

I don`t know if MrTools can add anything about using TMA bands with lower tfs.

Regards

S

Great!

Thanks so much mladen, you rock!

SIMBA:
mladen

Thanks a lot for your mod with alerts.

sillykiddo

The indicators are all at the first posts of this thread,so,you can donwload them from those posts.

I don`t trade below h1,unless I am scalping,which is a totally unrelated technique to TMA BANDS...And,if you are a newbie I suggest to test in demo my previously posted settings for h4,h1...CRBs,etc....and to avoid like the pest the lower timeframes in real trading.

In any case,on Monday I will try to post a template that you can use on m5 DEMO,by combining several timeframes.

Monday to Wednesday I expect very good entries on several pairs,so,next week,I will keep posting a few more trades using CRBs and higher timeframes

I don`t know if MrTools can add anything about using TMA bands with lower tfs.

Regards

S

SIMBA

Thanks a lot for your reply I'll wait for your reply in monday. BTW I'm not newbie in forex been trading for a while but I want to see this method for lower TF. I am more of a scalper but I will definatly look for trade in higher TF as well. If you and other member of this thread is kind enough to set up a template for lower TF 5m or 15m would be very helpful

Thank you guys again...

Reason: