TMA&Cycles - page 2

Second method

Once you are in a winning position,if you want to add more lots,you can just use TMA bands with half length=100 and atr=4 on a M5 chart,and you add when price touches the band...see pic...target is same 1.6430 and SL is now at breakeven of the global position....1.6280

This method is very simple,is slightly counterintuitive since what a trader will usually do is ,once his tp is approached and price reverses,exit fast instead of adding,usually to see price go back and hit the target.

Regards

S

Files:
campc7.gif  42 kb

SIMBA:
Once you are in a winning position,if you want to add more lots,you can just use TMA bands with half length=100 and atr=4 on a M5 chart,and you add when price touches the band...see pic...target is same 1.6430 and SL is now at breakeven of the global position....1.6280

This method is very simple,is slightly counterintuitive since what a trader will usually do is ,once his tp is approached and price reverses,exit fast instead of adding,usually to see price go back and hit the target.

Regards

S

That's one of my problems staying with the target, like you said, I exit then sit a watch the trade hit the target anyway Going on a limb here and trying a projection projecting eurusd will stop downturn around 1.4765 area + or - 10%. Will see!!

Files:

Target reached

mrtools:
That's one of my problems staying with the target, like you said, I exit then sit a watch the trade hit the target anyway Going on a limb here and trying a projection projecting eurusd will stop downturn around 1.4765 area + or - 10%. Will see!!

Hi Tools,

Yes,it requires Discipline but it is a valuable trait to acquire...seeing the market approach your number and then reversing usually triggers feelings of anxiety and that leads to bad trading decisions,like exiting when you should be adding.

Target has been reached...see pic

Regards

S

Files:
campc8.gif  73 kb

SIMBA:
Hi Tools,

Yes,it requires Discipline but it is a valuable trait to acquire...seeing the market approach your number and then reversing usually triggers feelings of anxiety and that leads to bad trading decisions,like exiting when you should be adding.

Target has been reached...see pic

Regards

S

Nice trades Simba!!!

Third method

This third method is a countertrend trade,with approx 1:1 RR and higher than 70% probability of success...It is not my favourite trade,but it has positive expectancy,so,I trade it if previous position has been closed profitably.

1-Once price has touched the previous target(blue TMA ),if the price is then rejected and ,additionally,you have an additional resistance(see pic,we have both 50% retracement of the move and daily R1 resistance) you enter a trade,in this case a short...the entry was done on the last red bar of the pic.

2-Target is set at next pivot or next Fibo line-I normally don`t use fibos,I use octaves,but there is practically no difference-In this case I have set it slightly above the next octave .

3-SL is set slightly above the red band.

The basis for this trade is that very often,after the initial move,prices are rejected either by the higher timeframe center TMA or by the red band,offering an opportunity for a countertrend trade.

EDIT:The blue TMA is just on the 1.64308 (red R1 line) and covered by it,but it is there ,believe me

Regards

S

Files:
campc8_1.gif  40 kb

mrtools:

Target acquired!!!! Sorry for large picture still haven't learned how to do this!!

Files:
hit_target.gif  64 kb

Target acquired

Tools,

You may not know how to post a "reduced size" pic(I still have problems to do so )...but you know how to "acquire target",so,the first issue is irrelevant and the second is important ,as long as you do well the second one,that`s fine...and,from what I know,you are doing better than well .

OK,Target reached...see pic.

I will take holidays both tomorrow and Friday..so,If anybody wants to post his setups,doubts,etc..I will reply either on Saturday or on Sunday.

Regards

S

Files:
campc9.gif  114 kb

Simba, you have once again demonstrated your acumen and I thank you for being unselfish in sharing what seems to be an incredible tool to make decisions as to when the Trend is changing.

I have the same problem as ProfitTrader21 in #Post 6 regarding the Daily-value. I used your suggested settings and my figure is also 16 on the D1 chart. Any suggestions please? My charts are GMT+2 charts if that is any different to your?

Also, what I would like to see is how the M5 chart shapes up to the M30 as oppose to H4 / D1, but I need to first understand everything. If I can get it sorted out, I will post my chart tomorrow.

Best wishes.

Problem

ValeoFX:
Simba, you have once again demonstrated your acumen and I thank you for being unselfish in sharing what seems to be an incredible tool to make decisions as to when the Trend is changing.

I have the same problem as ProfitTrader21 in #Post 6 regarding the Daily-value. I used your suggested settings and my figure is also 16 on the D1 chart. Any suggestions please? My charts are GMT+2 charts if that is any different to your?

Also, what I would like to see is how the M5 chart shapes up to the M30 as oppose to H4 / D1, but I need to first understand everything. If I can get it sorted out, I will post my chart tomorrow.

Best wishes.

Hi,

Thanks for your kind words.

I have 14 days cycle for eurusd( mtf daily,measured in h4 chart) and 30 days for GBPUSD.

I don`t think the fact that your charts are GMT+2 or that mine are CET+1 can influence the cycle measurement for daily timeframe,specially on such a big difference.

I tend to have thousands of bars in history(16k in H4 and 250k in m1),which I need to create a long enough history base for the CRBs,so,this could cause the difference,but I don`t think this is probable,since Corona charts update very fast to the new situations...so,to summarize,I am as lost in this regard as you.

Take care with the m30,m5 combination...These techniques only work on shorter tfs when they are linked to,at least ,H4 .

Regards

S

Periods Ratio in #Post 3

Hi Simba,

Firstly thank you for the reply regarding the D1 figure and also the "warning" about using a lower TF than H4. I do appreciate all of your expertise believe me, but my research instinct drove me to look at the M30/M5 combination and it most certainly warrants a further investigation as far as I am concerned. I will continue to work with H4/D1 though as I also take my direction from H8/H4/H2 in order to help me make an informed decision.

Having said that, I am sorry to tell you that you have confused me with your #point 4. in your 3rd chart regarding the calculations and I respectfully draw your attention to it:

4-Set the new atr multiplier to approx square root of the periods ratiomultiplied by previous(h4) atr... ..It is very easy ..D1/h4=6..so sqr root of 6 approx 2.5,previous atr was 2.0..so,now we set the new atr multiplier to 5(2.5*2)

You refer to "the periods ratio" and the way I was taught maths, it means the ratio between D1 and H4 "multiplied by previous (h4) atr" and then I do not get your results. Your mischievous smiles certainly did their thing .

Would you mind just "spelling it out" for me?

Please use the H4/D1 example as per your first posts.

Thanking you sincerely.

Reason: