TMA&Cycles - page 12

a buy

Entered buy on H1 band touch or slight b/o, seems strong support and resistance around 142.60, seems cross , mm lines there, a very busy area anyway Hurst projection around 145.57 and weekly MM Line at 145.31 so put TP there so with 100 pip sl if i figured it right around 2.75 to 1 risk to reward.

update: in didn't take long in a matter of 30 minutes went from 30 pips up to 100 pip sl!

Files:
lines.gif  106 kb

mrtools:
Entered buy on H1 band touch or slight b/o, seems strong support and resistance around 142.60, seems cross , mm lines there, a very busy area anyway Hurst projection around 145.57 and weekly MM Line at 145.31 so put TP there so with 100 pip sl if i figured it right around 2.75 to 1 risk to reward. update: in didn't take long in a matter of 30 minutes went from 30 pips up to 100 pip sl!

Sometimes wish i could reach my butt with my foot so i could kick it myself sometimes, was almost probably 90% sure gbpjpy was going to go up, but where i entered the trade last week would have needed a 200 pip stop loss, but still figuring Hurst projection would have been around 3 to 2 reward to risk, maybe more reward if would have let trade go further. Just never used stop loss that big, but think need to start going with smaller lotsize to accomodate larger SL. Anyway looking through my rear view mirror always 20/20 vision, need 20/20 looking out front windshield

Files:
gbpjpynow.gif  49 kb

Thanks to all

Hello SIMBA,

Just leaving you a quick note to thank you for the informative thread.

Also thanks to all who have participated and contributed.

Cheers,

Since I am "into bands" today ...

4 hour TMA centered with asymmetric 3 dev bands on a 1 hour chart

Interesting

Very nice Mladen, glad you are into bands today.

Thank you mladen!

You have fascinating ideas creating new indicators and are faster in coding them than I am in understanding them.

You, mrtools and Simba form a great team and you understand one another instinctively. I am learning a lot here and am very grateful for all your ideas.

May I ask all three of you if cycle trading in combination with dynamic zone indicators gives you an extra edge? I know the dynamic zone indicators only from the images posted by mladen and they look very promising.

kalusao:
Thank you mladen!

You have fascinating ideas creating new indicators and are faster in coding them than I am in understanding them.

You, mrtools and Simba form a great team and you understand one another instinctively. I am learning a lot here and am very grateful for all your ideas.

May I ask all three of you if cycle trading in combination with dynamic zone indicators gives you an extra edge? I know the dynamic zone indicators only from the images posted by mladen and they look very promising.

Thanks for the very good question Kalusao

Yes i would say they give an extra edge especially Dss Bressert version but like everything else, it depends on how it is used and interpreted. The Dss Bressert version to me is cyclic in nature, which makes it a good fit.Check out this chart using it with Corona DFT /2.

Files:
coronatime.gif  152 kb

kalusao,

I will constrain myself to answering one part of your question : the dynamic zone and implicitly asymmetric bands.

Both are on a "same line" - the short version of an explanation would be : "if a hill does not want to come to you, than you have to go to the hill".

In trading we are manly looking for two things : directions and signals. These fall into the signals part. The idea is to adapt the signal giving part so it will "react" faster. So if the indicator is "as is", then we have to move the zero, over bought / over sold, support, resistance, .... all sorts of lines in a direction where they will be of more use. Implementations are quite different but they are trying to solve a problem of "signals too late". I like both solutions I am talking about since they are in fact speeding up what the intention was (the signals) and if we are able to give a signal even a 1/2 bar earlier we are on a right track (even a small difference like often means a gain instead of a loss)

What I hope is that giving people a choice of code and tools not so badly coded can help in building successful trading systems (I tend to believe that every trading system is individual - reflecting the person itself) So, with more reliable tools there is better chance of finding ones own successful trading system

A bit long answer, but I hope what I told is understandable

regards

mladen

kalusao:
Thank you mladen!

Thank you mrtools. Very interesting chart.

I see opportunities when the 'middle zone' in the DSS Bressert moves above or below the center and the DFT simultaneously moves below 50 and forming a corona. On 21st DSS Bressert and DFT both confirm a swing move. Not so clear to me the situation on 28th where DSS Bressert middle zone moves high above center but DFT shows a trending situation (above 50). Here we have it what you already told, it depends how to use and interpret the whole picture.

"if a hill does not want to come to you, than you have to go to the hill"

Very good explanation, mladen. I like the concept.

The speeding of the signal is clear to me in the dynamic zone indicators but not so clear in the asymm TMA bands yet but I guess it requires some experience.

kalusao:

The speeding of the signal is clear to me in the dynamic zone indicators but not so clear in the asymm TMA bands yet but I guess it requires some experience.

It is "adapting" itself too - it is narrowing the "opposite band" in the times of strong movements. And since the bands should show projected possible ranges, the ranges are projected accordingly. But since TMA is doing its own job too, the changes are not so obvious . According to Millard even those bands are to be projected so that they contain a certain % of prices (his idea is to use a certain % of the price to project basic bands, these are a variation of his idea). By adapting the bands, it is in fact, closer to original Millard's idea.

On the other hand, it would look completely different using dynamic zone on centered TMA. Just a "sneak peak" (not teasing, but it is "a work in progress", and since dynamic zone indicators are posted in the advanced elite section, it will be posted there too) : as you see the logic of using it is quite different in case of using DZ

Reason: