MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 291

Hey guys, I'm making this idea around old XMT Scalper system, as the developer has been inactive since early 2017 I'd like to continue from the base they left. I saw ASSAR EA based on the exact same code, they claim that it has some variations but I'm not sure about that. They've based Assar from...
Hello everybody, I need your help. I code a Program with two brokers respectively two MT4 Instances. The program opens a Buy Trade on Broker1 and a Sell Trade on Broker2 at a specific time. So in the next step I am going to close all trades at a later time. Both trades have to close at 0€. This
I think i already knows the answer to this question but i'm asking anyway. When you do backtesting and optimization and you get the results and want to save them is there a way to save the cache that gets created when you run the test? I know I can save it as a html or copy all entries to excel but
I am trying to write to a csv file, but can't write past 280 lines. I am trying to write upto 2400 or more lines, only one double per line. The lines in the file are scores related to same line number in another file the same size. I read in the scores, modify them then write them all back in. As
  high[iHighest]  (3)
hi i wrote a very simple indicator but it dose not work //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Dive-sample001.mq4 | //| Copyright 2020, MetaQuotes Software Corp. | //|
Hi I have a question regarding my trailing stop. So the trailing stop starts when my trades has reached 10 pips (100 points), but the problem is that my trailing stop sets the SL to +2pips, which is not enough, I want it to be at +5 pips. How can I include this in my MQL4 code? And that the Trailing
double mypool[][ 2 ]; int secondticket, lastTicket, count; double secondPrice, lastPrice, dif; for ( int i= 0 ; i< OrdersTotal (); i++) { if ( OrderSelect (i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)== false ) break ; if ( (OrderMagicNumber()==MAGICMA_n) &&
Can't seem to find the original mt4 Fibonacci source code anywhere in codebase or any article. I want to play around with the source code and amend to my own use. Does anyone know where I can find this code (original mt4 application, not auto). Or is this not allowed?
I have an alert that sometimes adds a bell icon to the string. I want to remove the icon before I process the string. The string displays in MT4 as "?? This is the alert" When I view the raw text in a different editor it reads as "\ud83d\udd14 This is the alert info" I have tried int replaceBell =
Could anyone help? how to get price value from Andrews pitchfork? manually or indicator drawn? objectget will not work.
How to change trend width in the Market Watch window? Now the Tick Chart is drawing chart only at left side and width of chart is ~10%.   How to change it to full size of the Market Watch window?
hi guys exist a command for set timeframe on thefly when i add indicator ? example when i write script and clic over play in metaeditor in default , it set me H1 but if i want set M30 ? on the fly ? i look ChartSetInteger in hcart propertuy but not find nothing is possible ? thankz
I'm recently started using MT4, and after couple of trades start to notice issued with my system: 1. New order disappeared from the right click menu. 2. New order from toolbar or tools open blank page, within active bars and I can not edit or place order. 3. Trades and pending order not appearing on
Ok so Im relatively new to making " checkpoints " as in first condition is met and THEN the next one is met and this is what I have so far //--- main loop for ( int i = limit- 1 ; i >= 0 ; i--) { if (i >= MathMin ( 5000 - 1 , rates_total- 1 - 50 )) continue ; //omit some old rates to
I have the following code to prevent a new order from being generated when one is already placed. Any idea why additional trades still follow... int CheckForOpen() { bool Result; int t,Pos,Error; int Total= OrdersTotal (); int OrdersTotalMagicOpen= 0 ; if (Total> 0 )
Hi, I use a VPS and when I click on the tab Market into my MT4, I can wait 15 to 20 minutes before the display of the EA pictures into the tab. Same thing if I use the search field into the tab Market. How to fix this problem
Can anyone please help me solve my EA trade modification error. The EA works fine but the error messages are driving me crazy trying to solve. please see the attached file for the EA
[Deleted]
I have been using several different trading styles based on the recommendations I have seen for using Trailing Stops. This discussion is intended to be strategy validation and programming based on the strategies. The discussion is focused on limitations and functions in MetaTrader 4. There are a few...
Is there a way to sort the accounts in the accounts tree in MT4, I would like to have mine in alphabetical order of server name
[Deleted]
  Invalid price???  (9)
I'm now back to programming MT4 - after all the changes the NFA/CFTC put in our way, and now a very odd thing is happening with build 402 -- every so often (enough that this needs to be addressed) I get 129 errors (Invalid Price) - here's a print showing the price used and the current bid/ask: 02:42...
Hi My EA has used the icustom function to bring in the ZigZag values that i need. However the optimization testing takes forever. In an attempt to speed the optimisation up, I believe the EA may work quicker if I integrate the Zigzag indicator into my EA directly. (I hope that is accurate) to that
Hi, I have an EA that displays information about the pair that it is attached to and I would like the EA to reboot when I open a new chart so that it shows information for the new pair. How can I achieve this? Thanks in advance
hello Im using MT4 on MacBook, I would to download a session indicator. unfortunately I can not find and I don't know how to install Thanks for your help
Hi all, when I'm trying to modify my order an error message popped up and tells me about order modify error 4108. I search the web for the error but everything seems revolve in looping while my code doesn't use any looping. Anyone knows where the problem is? void OnTick (){ double EMA1 =
Hey guys, Is it posible to place your function parameters to an array like this? int My_Function( int a, int b, int c) { int myArray[ 3 ] = {a, b, c} } Im not really sure if it's possible coz I'm getting an error
Hi,  I have a problem can you help me please. I have downloaded historical quotes for this month and I import it to the MT4 platform, when I'm looking back on my platform, I see that the quotes is on the mt4 platform but When I'm doing backtesting, the tester use only one day (01/12/2016) even if...
Hi, I have opened a micro account where 1 micro lot equals 0.01 Lots. How can I calculate 1 PIPS value of EURUSD for opened 0.01 Lot position in USD? And how can I calculate the value of 1 PIPS/Points into USD for the other currency pairs? Is there any function on Meta Trader 4 ? MarketInfo()...
website can analyse mt4 statement report to see trading activity of your demo account for an EA
Hi, I need a help. I have an indicator which plots three horizontal lines automatically. I want it to display the price on the horizontal line. Can someone tell me what is the code for the same
hi guys is correct write in this mode?? long RslTime ; int ManyTime= 2 ; RslTime = Hour()*ManyTime;