Donchian Channel - page 3

donchian bands

Is it possible to add an alert when price cross middle, top and lower bands?

It's very powerful indicator in my opinion...

thefxpros:
Is it possible to add an alert when price cross middle, top and lower bands? It's very powerful indicator in my opinion...

nice idea thefxpros...

very powerful, it's powerful because it's simple.

"Nothing so impressive as simplicity."

Hi,

Need Donchain ChannelIndicator.

I am using one with fibo levels. But I need to be able to use 2 period at a time, and no other tools (fibo levels, arrows etc.). Can anyone co-operate for this? I am using 55 and 20 period there.

Thanks.

Files:
123.jpg  64 kb

msufaisal:
Hi,

Need Donchain ChannelIndicator.

I am using one with fibo levels. But I need to be able to use 2 period at a time, and no other tools (fibo levels, arrows etc.). Can anyone co-operate for this? I am using 55 and 20 period there.

Thanks.

Hello Msufaisal,

This one look like what your looking for.

I was playing a bit with Donchian Channel and wondered what a shifted channel would give. I've set it Ichimoku style (settings commonly used for SenkouB), which means set to period 52 (HL of the 52 last periods) and shifted to 26 (channel is projected 26 periods ahead). The result is quite interesting. If you set 4 additionnal levels above and below the channel, it seems to give nice target areas and support/resistance levels . Just sharing this for fun.

Interesting. Looks like a usable system

Will test it most definitely. Thanks for posting it

morro:
Interesting. Looks like a usable system Will test it most definitely. Thanks for posting it.

You're welcome. I've rewrited the indicator so you have all in one and don't need the template anymore. New features : Ichimoku settings by default ; Options to show/hide middle line, inside levels and outside levels ; Two inside levels added ; Shift is still present for all levels.

Cheers.

Nice, man ! When I have been downloading this, I have got an invitation from 8 beautiful women ! One of them must have been Anastasia ....hmmmm

But I didn't have time for her, because I had to test your Donchian Channel ...

Here is my latest creation regarding High-Low (Donchian) Channel. It draws histograms so the channel is colored with several bullish/bearish areas. I have also added full features : MTF ; lines and histo can be drawn or not ; outside levels and shift ; etc.

Below is an example with shifted outside levels (26). Remember that outside levels don't make sense if they are not shifted, because they will never be hit. It's just a tricky stuff, but it can be usefull for projecting levels above last highs and below last lows X periods ahead (for targets or support/resistance).

airquest:
Here is my latest creation regarding High-Low (Donchian) Channel. It draws histograms so the channel is colored with several bullish/bearish areas. I have also added full features : MTF ; lines and histo can be drawn or not ; outside levels and shift ; etc.

Below is an example with shifted outside levels (26). Remember that outside levels don't make sense if they are not shifted, because they will never be hit. It's just a tricky stuff, but it can be usefull for projecting levels above last highs and below last lows X periods ahead (for targets or support/resistance).

Nice Thank you

Reason: